• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    For you morons who can't understand this post,I'll try to explain it.For the money invested in firearms and ammo,$12.00 for 2 hours shooting time ain't:poop:.
    Some people spend a lot of money for guns and ammo,some don't.How much did you spend on the last movie you went to see or the case of beer you bought? How much did you spend to go the gun shows?
    I think it's funny how some spend big money on guns and then complain about $12.00 to go shoot them for 2 hours,maybe they should find a different hobby:dunno:.

Say you go to Kroger every Saturday with the wife to get food. One day they start charging you $12 to park your car where its always been free. Sure $12 isnt a big deal to alot of people, but you would be PO'd that your now charged a fee to use their parking lot. To be clear, im not bashinig Atterbury at all. I have been there once since the changes. Its a nice facility and nice facilities cost money to run.

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Say you go to Kroger every Saturday with the wife to get food. One day they start charging you $12 to park your car where its always been free. Sure $12 isnt a big deal to alot of people, but you would be PO'd that your now charged a fee to use their parking lot. To be clear, im not bashinig Atterbury at all. I have been there once since the changes. Its a nice facility and nice facilities cost money to run.
    Since I have a choice of where I shop,just like where I to go shoot,I can go someplace else if I don't like it.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN

Hey thats an idea:):, they can charge to park. Just like going to a football game. You pay for your seat at the game and you pay to park. Win win for the consessionaire. Now if they just sold hot dogs.:yesway:

I don't think we should be giving them any ideas :D

I see it more like watching movies for free on TV or paying to see it in person at the theatre. Just depends on how bad you want to see it.
    You can choose to shoot for free or pay to shoot, but you can't stay at home and pay to shoot like you can with on demand.:laugh:

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For you morons who can't understand this post,I'll try to explain it.For the money invested in firearms and ammo,$12.00 for 2 hours shooting time ain't:poop:.
    Some people spend a lot of money for guns and ammo,some don't.How much did you spend on the last movie you went to see or the case of beer you bought? How much did you spend to go the gun shows?
    I think it's funny how some spend big money on guns and then complain about $12.00 to go shoot them for 2 hours,maybe they should find a different hobby:dunno:.

In my first post I was saying that the "MORONS" (quoted from above) that are saying $12.00 is a fair price to shoot for 2 hours, are the same folks too cheap to pay $10.00/year to help support this forum. Peoples priorities are definitely different. Whatever you can get free you will take . Human nature I guess. "Strain on a gnat and swallow a camel. ":twocents:

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    The news this morning, says they are trying to find another contractor to run it for them:rolleyes:, for what it's worth their are nice dnr ranges that are free to shoot at like the one in jennings county that I go to:D, but if you are not close to one, 12 bucks is 12 bucks

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fees aren't the issue

:patriot: I'm still willing to pay a small fee for a days shoot because there is upkeep costs to consider for a range like Attebury. BUT WE HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THIS RANGE, WITH FEES AND TAXES WE PAY ON GUNS, AMMO, AND HUNTING PERMITS! And untill things get reasonable I'll go to Wilbur Wright, and drive 70 or so miles to Crosley for their 200 yrd range for free!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    :patriot: I'm still willing to pay a small fee for a days shoot because there is upkeep costs to consider for a range like Attebury. BUT WE HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THIS RANGE, WITH FEES AND TAXES WE PAY ON GUNS, AMMO, AND HUNTING PERMITS! And untill things get reasonable I'll go to Wilbur Wright, and drive 70 or so miles to Crosley for their 200 yrd range for free!

The construction is paid for not the operating costs. I doubt the Range Officers work for free and you have to pay insurance and electric bills and those sort of things. :twocents:

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    It doesn't make since that people are willing to drive a hour one way wasting 4 or 5 gallons of gas, then go back home with another hour and 4 or 5 gallons of gas wasted again. With gas at just $2.30 a gallon and 2 hours drive time wasted you'd be better off going to Atterbury for the $25.:dunno:

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just saw that WTHR had a posting on their website. They will find another contractor to run the thing. They should find a retired vet or injured soldier to be the range officer.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    E-Mailed Govenor Mitch

:patriot: As in one of my earlier posts, I took my own advice and sent a very respectful E-mail to the Govenor asking him to look into the matter of the Attebury range. If you go to IN.gov: Home you all can do the same! :ingo:

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Has anyone heard if they will continue to honor memberships with the change in management? If not who should we complain to for a refund?

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I just saw that WTHR had a posting on their website. They will find another contractor to run the thing. They should find a retired vet or injured soldier to be the range officer.
    I am a veteran and I do work there. Very low pay and no benefits is not an attractive offer for most job seekers. Unemployment pays more.

I do it because I enjoy meeting shooters and sharing my expertise with less experienced or new shooters. The pay just pays for my gasoline to and from the range and a box or two of ammo. I am retired and just having fun.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    I am a veteran and I do work there. Very low pay and no benefits is not an attractive offer for most job seekers. Unemployment pays more.

I do it because I enjoy meeting shooters and sharing my expertise with less experienced or new shooters. The pay just pays for my gasoline to and from the range and a box or two of ammo. I am retired and just having fun.
    speaking for my son and i, i can tell you that your service at the range(and your service to our country) is very appreciated. i have enjoyed meeting you and alot of other fine people at attebury. what alot of people on here do not understand is that without people like you willing to work for so little we probably would not have a range to shoot at. most on here probably have not been shooting long enough to remember what attebury looked like before they remodeled. and i am not talking about how the range was just a dirt backstop. there were just as many bullets shot into the roofs and timbers as there were downrange. there is an old tower behind the range that people would try and shoot the light off of. there was also a man shot that was riding in a truck on the road behind the range. with as many idiots as we used to have at attebury we are lucky to even have a range, and without the ro's we have now there is no doubt it would look like that again in short order. again, thanks to buzz,phil, nick,dave and all the other ro's whos names i have forgotten for your work at attebury and all the help you have given to me and my son jason. hope to see you soon. happy new year

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    I've already addressed your original response to this comment. It was half-joking. But since we're name-calling, I'm out. It's a sad day when you can't have a discussion without resorting to name-calling.

And for the record, I don't go to the movies. I'd rather BUY it. And I don't drink beer. I buy a weekend pass to the gun show because it's the best deal, but PLEASE don't get me started on how overpriced the 1500 is...

Cheesman, out...

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I've already addressed your original response to this comment. It was half-joking. But since we're name-calling, I'm out. It's a sad day when you can't have a discussion without resorting to name-calling.

And for the record, I don't go to the movies. I'd rather BUY it. And I don't drink beer. I buy a weekend pass to the gun show because it's the best deal, but PLEASE don't get me started on how overpriced the 1500 is...

Cheesman, out...
    So you bad repp me and call me an ***. Sorry you took my post as an attack on you,I guess I was wrong in thinking we are all adults on here and can handle a little bantering.Maybe you shouldn't make stupid remarks.Grow up.You can bad repp me all you want,I don't care,it doesn't hurt my feelings at all,I'm a big boy and I can handle it.
    If the term "Moron" offended you,and it seems it was only you,get over it!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I can't remember when I've spent more than 2 hours shooting at a range unless it was a match. $12.00 ($7 first hr. and $5 second) for a couple of hours of shooting seems very reasonable to me.

per person, per lane? I took my family down there once and just about choked on the bill for two hours.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    per person, per lane? I took my family down there once and just about choked on the bill for two hours.

I think they changed that recently. I do remember that it used to be Per Lane so I'd have to pay again if I went from 100yds to 25yds. I can understand per person, but the per lane charges seemed a bit unreasonable.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    I think they changed that recently. I do remember that it used to be Per Lane so I'd have to pay again if I went from 100yds to 25yds. I can understand per person, but the per lane charges seemed a bit unreasonable.
    do not remember a lane charge. i shoot the 50 yard lanes then go tell them i want to switch to the 100 and there has never been a charge other than hourly

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    do not remember a lane charge. i shoot the 50 yard lanes then go tell them i want to switch to the 100 and there has never been a charge other than hourly

The only time I changed lanes was the first time I went which would be about 2 years ago. So maybe it was changed or maybe it was an employee that didn't fully understand the rates. :dunno:

Top Bottom