• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It may also be a good Idea to contact State Senator Johnny Nugent, he's the one who introduces the "parking lot bill" that Pat Bower never lets com to a vote. I plan to E-mail him to night!

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I think they changed that recently. I do remember that it used to be Per Lane so I'd have to pay again if I went from 100yds to 25yds. I can understand per person, but the per lane charges seemed a bit unreasonable.
    It never has been per lane. The price has always been per shooter. One shooter with one lane was 7 dollars plus 5 dollars deposit. The 5 dollar deposit was returned to 99% of the people. If you shot the metal frame into the deposit was kept.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    It never has been per lane. The price has always been per shooter. One shooter with one lane was 7 dollars plus 5 dollars deposit. The 5 dollar deposit was returned to 99% of the people. If you shot the metal frame into the deposit was kept.

You can change lanes without charge, but if you bring a family and pull down two lanes, you pay per person on each lane. Sorry for the confusion on how I worded that.

Compare that pricing to what you get at other places and it's a major rub the wrong way. Heck St Louis has a range as nice or nicer than Atterburys and charges $3/hr per lane used according to my ex-coworker that moved down there.

I did go by myself often to Atterbury... as long as it's just me, the price was tolerable.... but they do need to back it off if if they want to get people to come back.

Very interesting point about ammo supply/prices being a possible factor, too.... I hadn't considered that before.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got my Response

:dunno: Just got my reply from my E-mail to the Govenor's office. I was the e-mail version of a form letter sayi that they are looking for a new operator. Still plan to send a mesage to Sen. Johnny Nugent to see what happens. :patriot:

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm more wondering the effect, if any, this will have on HighPower shoots.

Blessings,
    Bill

None. CIHPRS and ISRPA Highpower matches are shot on the KD ranges on base at Atterbury-- different ranges altogether. The loss to highpower is a sight in and practice range.

My 'puter time has been VERY limited this last few weeks by serious illness in the family. Things are looking up and I should have the 2010 schedule posted on the CIHPRS website cihprs.org this weekend.

--Mog

gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Good News

Looks like someone came up with a temporary plan. That's good news!
    Weekends only at Atterbury public shooting range

The Atterbury public shooting range is now only open on weekends. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays, and noon to 5 p.m. on Sundays. Atterbury is currently seeking a new concessionaire to run the range. Until the role is filled, property personnel and volunteers are conducting weekend operations.

Established fees remain the same. The hourly rate on the rifle-pistol range is $7 for the first hour, and $5 for each additional hour. A round of trap or skeet on the shotgun range is $6 per round. Existing annual passes are being honored.

Cash or checks, with proper identification, are accepted. Credit and debit cards are not accepted. There are no concessions (merchandise, soft drinks, etc.) at this time.

Media Contact: Cary Schuyler, property manager, (812) 526-6552 or (812) 526-2051.

Chondro788

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    SE Indianapolis
    I really like shooting at atterbury, much more then new castle. There are way too many idiots with guns at new castle to feel safe with no true range officer working. I gladly paid to have the peace of mind that someone was watching the idiots as I shot. :dunno:

Top Bottom