Attempted Suicide at BHN, this one was preventable!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Unsuccessfully? Just a ploy to get off scott free. "Oh I'm so distraught about her killing myself that I'm going to do it to myself too! Oh, it didn't work but I obviously must be crazy if I tried it so I really didn't do anything wrong did I?"

My exact thoughts! With a history of this i doubt there is much remorse.....

Jake

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Unsuccessfully? Just a ploy to get off scott free. "Oh I'm so distraught about her killing myself that I'm going to do it to myself too! Oh, it didn't work but I obviously must be crazy if I tried it so I really didn't do anything wrong did I?"

'Fraid I'm gonna have to go with this one. Based on the limited information provided in this thread--which I know isn't much--she doesn't seem to have much room for remorse in the cold little piece of rock called a heart.

I'm betting she exhibits more than a few behaviors of sociopathy.

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I'm waiting for someone to create a this is the bully page........The name of the bully is common knowledge and I'm shocked it has not popped up.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    It breaks my heart to hear stories like this. I have nothing but sympathy for the family of that little girl.

Keeping kids from bullying is obviously critical, but can we please educate children that suicide is never the answer to any problem. When I was a kid, if you heard of someone your age commiting suicide within a 100 miles of you, that was shocking. Now, it seems like every week some poor child thinks that suicide is the only way to solve their problems.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    not to get off topic but an observation.

here in north judson my son is in 6th grade and it is amazing as to how bad these kids treat each other, seriously it is was worse than when i was a kid (I'm 40) everyone is a fag, everyone is..... " it just goes on and on. and the thing is sometimes my son is bullied too, and its by kids he could be the crap out of but all these schools have zero tolerance for anything anymore. i dont know if this is good or not.

also with all the bully and victim talk that is on tv, news, internet are we breeding a generation of bullies and victims?

i'm not questioning this case at all so please dont think that, the bully here has a history and the victim in the case was pushed to the point of killing herself may her soul rest in peace. i am just talking in general terms on the subject at large so please no nasty comments accusing me of picking on the victim in this case

jake

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    not to get off topic but an observation.

here in north judson my son is in 6th grade and it is amazing as to how bad these kids treat each other, seriously it is was worse than when i was a kid (I'm 40) everyone is a fag, everyone is..... " it just goes on and on. and the thing is sometimes my son is bullied too, and its by kids he could be the crap out of but all these schools have zero tolerance for anything anymore. i dont know if this is good or not.

also with all the bully and victim talk that is on tv, news, internet are we breeding a generation of bullies and victims?

i'm not questioning this case at all so please dont think that, the bully here has a history and the victim in the case was pushed to the point of killing herself may her soul rest in peace. i am just talking in general terms on the subject at large so please no nasty comments accusing me of picking on the victim in this case

jake

My son is in Kindergarten, but he's seen some bullying this year...Not that that kind of bullying means a whole lot yet.

I've told him that if he sticks up for himself and gets in trouble at school, he will NOT be in trouble at home, which is all that matters to him.

When he is old enough, I'll tell him that if he physically defends himself from a bully and gets suspended from school, that suspension will be a vacation at home. I'll take the day off and we'll go have fun.

Moral of the story: Zero tolerance is BS and I will NOT have my son being scared of sticking up for himself.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    My son is in Kindergarten, but he's seen some bullying this year...Not that that kind of bullying means a whole lot yet.

I've told him that if he sticks up for himself and gets in trouble at school, he will NOT be in trouble at home, which is all that matters to him.

When he is old enough, I'll tell him that if he physically defends himself from a bully and gets suspended from school, that suspension will be a vacation at home. I'll take the day off and we'll go have fun.

Moral of the story: Zero tolerance is BS and I will NOT have my son being scared of sticking up for himself.

thats pretty much our thoughts too, and have told the boy so. just dont start it! good for you guys!

jake

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    ... that children CAN BE VERY EVIL. It's mankind's nature. Wise up.

i've worked twice in an intensive treatment program. what does that mean? think small units of 10 juvies in a locked unit, like a cross between a psych ward and jail. bars, all doors locked, bathrooms locked, silver ware counted and locked up, meds, therapist on the unit, school on the unit. restraints, riots, gang fights, sexual assaults, assaults on staff, suicide attempts..... do you get the picture?

the "no kid is born bad theory" is WRONG! i've seen evil, i've wrestled with evil, i've had evil try to stab me, bite me, kick me, hit me.

i have bad kids from the worst families with the shallowest of gene pools, and i've had kids from pretty good families that were just no good, and they didnt even know why they did the crap they did.

and on the flip side some of those kids from the worst situations were actually excellent kids but they had a lot of environmental issues if you will.

yea the bad seed is real!

jake

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    No thanks. I'll continue to put responsibility on parents of children who you call evil.

Most of the time on visitation day. Just by watching folks walk from the car to the door you could see why the kids were the way they are....... but not always.

Jake

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

No thanks. I'll continue to put responsibility on parents of children who you call evil.

I took my son and his friend to the park a few weeks ago and there was a kid there, 2-3 years older than them and probably 25 lbs bigger (my kid weighs ~48 lbs, so it was a substantial height and weight difference). This brat would NOT leave them alone.

He was following them around, pushing them and calling them names. "My" two boys were doing the best they could to ignore him, but he just wouldn't give up.

I finally walked over to the kid and in and a stern voice (I made sure his Dad was looking at me when I did it), told the kid to either play nice or go away.

The Dad did NOTHING to stop his ass hole kid.

I gave it 2 minutes and finally walked over to that douche bag and said, "you get your brat to leave those boys alone or I'm going to show YOU what bullying is all about right in front of your son."

He grabbed his son, they left and my son and his buddy got back to having fun.

The jerk didn't bother to apologize and try to make everything better, he just took his son and left...I wonder where his kid learned to act like that?:n00b:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    My condolences to the young girl's family in this horrible time.

A couple of years ago I took my son down to the local park to play during the time that a local day care/afterschool care place takes the kids there too. Most of the kids I know by sight if not by name as they all attend the same school.

My boy was playing with his schoolmates when one of them decides to start bullying him, and attempting to drag others in on it. I quickly stepped in when I realized that this was going to escalate (was already starting to get physical - pushing and such) and none of the workers from the daycare would see it happening across the playground. I removed my son from the situation and took the boy over to the daycare workers and informed them of his actions. They were grateful and handled it from there.

I can't stand bullies.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    My experience with bullying is that they like to travel in packs, and are RELENTLESS with their torment.

I would have actually preferred the lone bully who would go around and beat people up. The pack of bullies that follows you around and tells you you're worthless and that no one likes you for 7 hours a day is much worse. 6 years of that kind of torment leaves a mark.

I've thought of killing myself many many times. Those thoughts don't stop when the bullying stops either. Once they're rattling around in your head, they don't go away. The best you can do is try to keep them quiet.

So, how do you stand up to phsych torment? Start fights? Call them names back? :dunno: I honestly don't know what a kid can do about it, and the teachers sure a **** won't do anything. The best I could come up with was avoiding them as much as possible. I took honors classes, and all of my free time was in the library or music room. Books and art are like Kryptonite to bullies.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I, too, have told my kids they will never be in trouble for defending themselves. Both have also been told to make sure their I's are dotted and T's are crossed with the school before they take matters into their own hands.

Top Bottom