Attempted Suicide at BHN, this one was preventable!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Children are evil, I can't wait to continue not having any. Ahhh satisfaction.

And they are very poor financial investments. All they ever do is take take take, gimme, gimme, gimme. Seems like that is all I ever hear at work. I wish I could hang a sign that said no one under the age of 18 allowed. And If I hear one more teenager say they want to get pregnant like Snooki...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Prayers sent...

Being a smaller, rowing geek during high school, plus bad mental genetics thanks to screwed up Mom and Agent Oranged Dad, I had a rough time in high school. I bounced from either being bullied to almost putting a kid in the hospital with a baseball bat. Granted the latter was the bully finally realizing the fruit of his mindless stupidity, but still, I had become the bully that day.

It honestly sucks being bullied. Do this or we kick your arse. Degrade yourself or we hurt you. There were days I wanted to march into school with my dad's .38 and avenge myself. Days where I associated with the school shooters like Colorado, felt like I knew where they came from. It was, thankfully, only after realizing that I needed to just hang on and wait until college, then I finally got it, finally calmed down enough just to get out. If they don't feel depression, the bullied feel rage, unbridled and unmitigated rage. I controlled it and came out.

High school is survival now. Teenagers are bombarded with their emotions (obscenely difficult to control), coupled with inadequacy compared to other people that mature quicker and just everything coming at you. The trouble, as I saw it, were people that were "the rich kids", but not due to money: They were richer in mental fortitude, richer in size or strength, richer in sexual prowess, name it, it was enviable and therefore makes teens angry. Teenagers aren't socialized enough into mainstream society, still kept in a microcosm of being adults physically, but still children and pack mentality animals mentally, despite the advanced manner of dress, technological connectivity and social media.

Bullying made me a mess. Angry, socially inept, a raging alcoholic and, relatively recently, tried to splash my brains with Federal 9 pellet. I realized that I had let other people, alcohol later, take over my life. Part of beating bullying is realizing that YOU are in control of your life and YOU are responsible for it. Problem is that your bully is a childish, ignorant, hurt individual that recklessly uses any and all psychological coping mechanisms to protect themselves from actually opening up to others, relying on acknowledgement from the pack, rather than themselves.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Prayers sent...

Being a smaller, rowing geek during high school, plus bad mental genetics thanks to screwed up Mom and Agent Oranged Dad, I had a rough time in high school. I bounced from either being bullied to almost putting a kid in the hospital with a baseball bat. Granted the latter was the bully finally realizing the fruit of his mindless stupidity, but still, I had become the bully that day.

It honestly sucks being bullied. Do this or we kick your arse. Degrade yourself or we hurt you. There were days I wanted to march into school with my dad's .38 and avenge myself. Days where I associated with the school shooters like Colorado, felt like I knew where they came from. It was, thankfully, only after realizing that I needed to just hang on and wait until college, then I finally got it, finally calmed down enough just to get out. If they don't feel depression, the bullied feel rage, unbridled and unmitigated rage. I controlled it and came out.

High school is survival now. Teenagers are bombarded with their emotions (obscenely difficult to control), coupled with inadequacy compared to other people that mature quicker and just everything coming at you. The trouble, as I saw it, were people that were "the rich kids", but not due to money: They were richer in mental fortitude, richer in size or strength, richer in sexual prowess, name it, it was enviable and therefore makes teens angry. Teenagers aren't socialized enough into mainstream society, still kept in a microcosm of being adults physically, but still children and pack mentality animals mentally, despite the advanced manner of dress, technological connectivity and social media.

Bullying made me a mess. Angry, socially inept, a raging alcoholic and, relatively recently, tried to splash my brains with Federal 9 pellet. I realized that I had let other people, alcohol later, take over my life. Part of beating bullying is realizing that YOU are in control of your life and YOU are responsible for it. Problem is that your bully is a childish, ignorant, hurt individual that recklessly uses any and all psychological coping mechanisms to protect themselves from actually opening up to others, relying on acknowledgement from the pack, rather than themselves.
    I don't know what to say, other than, I'm glad you made it. Bless you.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I wasn't implying that it was meant to be comforting or anything of that nature.

I was more thinking out loud

Gotcha. I've wondered on more than a few occasions after reading the OP for the first time what the parents are thinking.

I struggle with this question. If you're a person of faith, how can you look at one person as more inherently evil than another?

I don't. But I didn't say that either. :dunno:

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    While I think in a lot of cases community service is a good thing, it wouldn't be for that zero tolerance BS.

There is no such rule around here though.
    thats good

I always thought that was wrong as well as I came close a few times if the bullying i received went any further(pantsing is as far as they went( hallway only a few people) but i also pants back during a pe class(70+ students) so I guess we were even and they left me alone after that). That was durign middle school for some reason high school was completely different. In fact I was asked out by some of the hotter girls in school. Did geeks all of a sudden become sexy same for most of my group?

Now for the zero tolerance thing I think that my HS principle would actually say that but if the camera proved you didnt start it you were off the hook or wouldnt have to technically suspened I think he called it protection(no community service/could still do school work) so things could cool off before you had to face the bullys friends possibly. but the new one would almost get you expelled for defending yourself from what i hear.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    School administration and Bloomington PD haven't found evidence bullying played a part in this girl's death.

Cover-up?

Principal discounts bullying as cause of girl's suicide | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

I'll say this again. The mother of the bully works for local law enforcement. She used her job as a means to keep her child out of serious trouble at the previous school. I am not shocked at that comment

The previous school had serious issues with the bully. How will it look if the HS failed to act on known violence and sexual attacks the bully was previously involved with?

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Georges St. Pierre
    Eminem
    Justin Timberlake
    Pierce Brosnan
    Howard Stern
    Michael Phelps
    Christian Bale

These people were all bullied as kids, but are doing pretty well for themselves now. You have to tell your kids that as hard as it may be right now, things WILL get better. The common thread you see in almost every bullying case is that the person being bullied is 'different', whether it's being active in art instead of sports, how you may look, etc. Kids don't understand at that age that being different is a good thing. It makes you stand out from the crowd, and while it may be unpleasant now, if you remain true to yourself there's no limit to what you can do.

I was bullied a little bit in high school because I was the quiet one. Once I started wrestling it got a little better, but I was still never part of the "in" crowd.

Aside - wrestling is a fantastic sport for kids to participate in if you can't afford a martial arts education and it's offered at your school. It teaches self-reliance (you're on your own out there), will get you in fantastic physical condition, and typically you practice against people close to your own size. It's a tighter knit fraternity than a lot of the sports I've participated in. My :twocents: (yes, I know it's not typically applicable for girls, it's just my frame of reference. Besides, I would venture to say girls are worse bullies than boys).

Top Bottom