• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    Sounds like these guns were not properly secured and the kid got ahold of them and then this horrible event takes place. I'm at a loss. I volunteer at my sons school and always worry about stff like this in the back of my mind. Those poor children. I pray for there innocent souls.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    What, are you warped or something. I'm sure a few weeks watching MSNBC can straighten you out!

I read this mans post and can't see how you came up with a statement like this. Oh, never mind he is 71 years old and has shared his thoughts from 70 plus years of life and observation. What is this man going to learn or get "straightened out about" from watching MSNBC that he has not already kindly shared with you? Get a grip on reality and pray you make it to 71 with an attitude such as yours.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I read this mans post and can't see how you came up with a statement like this. Oh, never mind he is 71 years old and has shared his thoughts from 70 plus years of life and observation. What is this man going to learn or get "straightened out about" from watching MSNBC that he has not already kindly shared with you? Get a grip on reality and pray you make it to 71 with an attitude such as yours.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You don't get purple, do you friend?

I think there's a FAQ on this. Can anyone help, a mind is a terrible thing to waste?

:ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A lot of emotion in this thread. Keep your heads about you. This is a day of sadness beyond measure. My heart is still heavy.
    I am looking at our world through 62 year old eyes and I am not happy with what I see either.

CM

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Purple = sarcasm got that but still does not change my opinion of you sir.

Well, what's denser than unobtanium?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Let me 'splain to you, and try to wrap your head around this:

71-year-old guy has an excellent perspective, and grew up the right way, even though MSNBC would throw him in with the 'racist tea baggers' and right-wing loonies. We need more Americans like him. I'm sure he got my point. As did every other INGOer with one exception.

I seriously have to wonder that you did not understand that was my point. And you persist in not understanding even after I 'splained it to you.

If you still don't get it, then I'm totally puzzled. :n00b:

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    20 y.o. is a common age of onset for schizophrenia, although clearly there could be something else, too.

In any case, this kid obviously mentally snapped (after having mental problems for a while, according to lots of news sources) and had a psychotic mania episode.

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    A lot of emotion in this thread. Keep your heads about you. This is a day of sadness beyond measure. My heart is still heavy.
    I am looking at our world through 62 year old eyes and I am not happy with what I see either.

CM

^^^^^^^^ THIS. I think we are all very saddened by this ..... and on the same side. :patriot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Morality is inherent if you stay close to God. Communist and atheists set there own stadards and we have all seen the result of that 40 million slaughtered Christians

You have the bad taste to politicize this tragedy? Nice

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I used to worry more about a foreign backed terrorist attack in the mall or at the football game. Now I am more worried about some gun happy nut case putting my head in the cross hairs while I am at the library or grocery store. Al Qaeda could not have wished for a better terrorist weapon than the ones we are turning against ourselves. Mental illness is a powerful force to be reckoned with!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I for would not give up my RTKBA to bring anyone back. For as soon as you do that we would all be fair game for the next spree killer. Then what right will you give up next to save kids or anyone else for that matter? The right to be free of warrantless search and seizure? All in the name of keeping you safe. No thanks

You sir, show your character. I would give up ALL my firearms to bring even one of these children back. In fact, I would gladly give my life to bring one of them back.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When will we shooting enthusiasts wake up and realize its just way to easy to get people killing firepower. The bottom line is its more profitable to make and sell ARs and plastic handguns than it was to make and sell real sporting and target firearms. I'm discouraged with the entire system. $ pushing politics.....no common sense.

Read the Second Amendment. It does not say that we have the right to keep and bear Elmer Fudd guns. If you would bother to study history, you would discover that those 'evil black guns' you are disparaging represent exactly what the Second Amendment is about--keeping the hands of the people filled with the instruments of enforcing our freedom.

You may also be interested in knowing that only one narrow portion of the National Firearms Act of 1934 has been challenged before the Supreme Court. In the United States v. Miller, a previous ruling in favor of the defendant was appealed to the Supreme Court, at which time Miller, an itinerant moonshiner, could not be located and was tried in absentia. The ruling turned on four points which are 1. The NFA defined the restrictions on the gun as a tax measure therefore giving the Department of Revenue authority in the case, 2. The defendant had transported the gun across state lines, making it a matter of interstate commerce, 3. The Second Amendment protects only ownership of weapons suitable for use in the militia, and 4. A double-barrel Stevens 12 gauge shotgun with barrels of less than 18 inches has never been used in a militia.

According to the above ruling, the weapons you are arguing against are the only ones protected by the Constitution. I should hope that you have the small modicum of sense necessary to understand that a right is unconditional and exists at all times whenever you choose to exercise it, and can no longer be said to be a right as soon as conditions are attached to your free exercise of the right in question. A privilege by contrast exists at the pleasure of the government, is conditional, and can be revoked at any time. It appears that you advocate treating a constitutional right as a privilege.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I for would not give up my RTKBA to bring anyone back. For as soon as you do that we would all be fair game for the next spree killer. Then what right will you give up next to save kids or anyone else for that matter? The right to be free of warrantless search and seizure? All in the name of keeping you safe. No thanks

You sir, show your character. I would give up ALL my firearms to bring even one of these children back. In fact, I would gladly give my life to bring one of them back.

You would toss out the Second Amendment to bring back one of these children? It is indeed a horrible tragedy, but if you truly feel that way you need to seriously reconsider your line of work and especially the oath you took.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    You would toss out the Second Amendment to bring back one of these children? It is indeed a horrible tragedy, but if you truly feel that way you need to seriously reconsider your line of work and especially the oath you took.

I believe he said he would give up his guns, not yours or the second amendment. That is a personal sacrifice and a personal choice.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Question for the audience. If everybody had access to Instant Gun Check system, and we had a better handle on the mental health of an individual, would you use it for FTF transactions? Ignore the logistics and assume the system could handle it. No restrictions, just a way to check for past criminal history, etc.

Not picking sides or trying to start an argument, just curious.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Question for the audience. If everybody had access to Instant Gun Check system, and we had a better handle on the mental health of an individual, would you use it for FTF transactions? Ignore the logistics and assume the system could handle it. No restrictions, just a way to check for past criminal history, etc.

Not picking sides or trying to start an argument, just curious.

I don't need the money and I am not looking at selling, only collecting. But yes, if I were selling and someone came up on a background check as being a mental case I would not sell to him or her.

Top Bottom