• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    You sir, show your character. I would give up ALL my firearms to bring even one of these children back. In fact, I would gladly give my life to bring one of them back.
    Feel free to do so. What would be the point of bringing those kids back in lieu of their constitutional rights. In case you dont know many have died in defense of our rights so giving one of those rights away would be tantamount to bringing them back to face slavery. Not the example I'd care to set for them

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Morality is inherent if you stay close to God. Communist and atheists set there own stadards and we have all seen the result of that 40 million slaughtered Christians

Not sure if serious, the biggest low lifes i've ever come across have been bible thumping chomo's. Morals are up to the person a set of guidelines to hold them selves accountable to.

You may need a bit of a history lesson, people have been dieing in the name God for a long time. To think yourself someones better due to race, religion, or type of government is merely making my point.

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    Robjps Really everyone makes up their own guidelines? Well at least that worked for spree killer he had his own standards too. If everyone set their own guidelines then why cant someone fight for their race religion type of govt.? I suppose instead of dying for God as you put it we should toss that aside and die for what the govt.says you should die for right? Also you must not realize that the founders of this country believed deeply in God after all the rights you enjoy today are according to the founding fathers are GOD given. As for your comment that I think of myself as better than everyone else. Yes I do because Im an American and apparently so do the millions of illegals seeking to come to this GREAT country they also think we are better why else would they come here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He said what he said in direct response (and insult) to someone else stating that he would not give up the right without any reference to specific individual weapons.

You are right that the two are entirely different concepts, but again, that statement was issued as an argument against the person who would not give up the right. I can't help the fact that he put a bend in his response away from the position against which he was arguing, specifically excoriating another member for unwillingness to give up the right.

You FAIL, at trying to speak for me. I am speaking in terms of my personal rights, not someone else's.
    Had the person said I would not give up "our" right to bear arms, then I would have let that go. He specifically stated "my," and that's where we diverge. I, would certainly give up "my" personal god given right forever, if I could have been able help avert this tragedy. Others may not share the same belief, and I can make that choice for them, but it most certainly does illustrate the problem of a "me, me, me" society.

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    Morality is not learned in church nor is it taken away by communists. Morality is learned at home from the actions and behavior of your parents.
    In fact morality is the first thing taken away by communists, and promptly replaced with their "guidelines". Morality can only be learned at home if the parents have morality. Most people today have no morality unless it comes from the govt. or some "expert" on TV

Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Meaningful change

If they really mean they want meaningful change, great. I have been pushing my children's schools for the last few years to install REAL security systems, and stop playing games.

At the high school they had "experts" come in and talk to the children about what to do. My daughter got in trouble for questioning them and was threaten with suspension for mocking suggestions like

1. Close the class room door and push all the desks against it. (Classroom doors open outward)

2. If you get a hold of the attackers weapon throw it in the nearest trash can and run to another part of the building.

3. Tip over you desk and use it as a shield to stop the bullets

None of them could explain hover why the school could not replace the wood classroom doors with steel ones. Whey they could install a panic system at would automatically close all the classroom doors and look them so they could only open from the inside. Whey they thought the buzzer system on the onside doors would be effective, when the doors are glass.

Most private companies, including the one I work for, have better internal security than our schools do. Lets stop wasting money having people come give stupid advise to our kids and start providing them at least the same security during the day that we give ourselves.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If they really mean they want meaningful change, great. I have been pushing my children's schools for the last few years to install REAL security systems, and stop playing games.

At the high school they had "experts" come in and talk to the children about what to do. My daughter got in trouble for questioning them and was threaten with suspension for mocking suggestions like

1. Close the class room door and push all the desks against it. (Classroom doors open outward)

2. If you get a hold of the attackers weapon throw it in the nearest trash can and run to another part of the building.

3. Tip over you desk and use it as a shield to stop the bullets

None of them could explain hover why the school could not replace the wood classroom doors with steel ones. Whey they could install a panic system at would automatically close all the classroom doors and look them so they could only open from the inside. Whey they thought the buzzer system on the onside doors would be effective, when the doors are glass.

Most private companies, including the one I work for, have better internal security than our schools do. Lets stop wasting money having people come give stupid advise to our kids and start providing them at least the same security during the day that we give ourselves.

The stupid advice folks are friends/relation to the administration. All part of the network. We will send "Experts" out to let you know we care and are looking at the "Problem"
    Said experts have never held/fired a gun and have no idea what a high stress situation is about except running into a long line at the Starbucks while running late....tense, very tense.

If the politicians filter enough of the decision making process through experts then if the decisions made are wrong you have a hard time putting the blame where it actually goes.

In the end the money is just flowing through the good old boy network. JMHO

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

How about we just repeal the "no guns on campus" statutes so these school shootings stop?

Carpenter

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Clinton, In
    When these tragedys happen I always 'run' to this site to find sanity, to be reminded of what I so truly and wholly believe in. Thank you one and all. I cringe whenever such things happen, because we the (in my mind) normal people must not only grieve but get ready for the onslaught of our rights. We are the NRA, the NRA is us, not some evil entity trying to kill innocents. It is our only shield from the insanity. God help the victims and their families, but more so, God help us!!

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    How did religion get in here? I'm an atheist with strong morals. I even go to a church with my wife sometimes and the preachers aree good friends of mine and know me well.
    Interestingly, all three say I'm more christian then 99% of the christians they know.
    It must be upbringing, irregardless of religion. And nutcases are hard to predict.

Ever heard the exprssion "I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it!" Maybe a parent should be allowed to rid us f the failures before those failures become an issue out of the home and involve innocents? Att his point, I'm not even sure if I'm saying this in jest or what......

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    How did religion get in here? I'm an atheist with strong morals. I even go to a church with my wife sometimes and the preachers aree good friends of mine and know me well.
    Interestingly, all three say I'm more christian then 99% of the christians they know.
    It must be upbringing, irregardless of religion. And nutcases are hard to predict.

Ever heard the exprssion "I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it!" Maybe a parent should be allowed to rid us f the failures before those failures become an issue out of the home and involve innocents? Att his point, I'm not even sure if I'm saying this in jest or what......
    You cant be a "Christian" if your an atheist, the two contradict each other. This issue came up because earlier in this thread someone wanted answers that didnt involve guns . As in why is this happening.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    From the FAQ: Guess the mods are falling down. Why not get this back on track on track?

How about religion? Can we talk about that?
    Again, a big, resounding NO. And let me be painstakingly clear on this one: ANY discussion of religion will NOT be tolerated. At all. None. If it even hints at being religious in ANY way, the thread will be closed and/or deleted. It is VERY possible MANY infractions will be handed out. In many instances, it is cause for a ban from the site, which may or may not be permanent. Right now, we are being VERY black and white on this. There is NO GREY AREA. This is unfortunate, because like politics, religion has stirred up some very thought-provoking discussions. However, it has also stirred the pot WAY too many times and until everyone can become civil again, Religion Must Not Be Discussed. Even then, it's unlikely to come back. Just. Don't. Do. It.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_n...ngo_rules.html

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    Allow the school staff to voluntarily carry firearms. One or two armed teachers would have stopped/suppressed this.

Not only this but how about locking the doors and having an electronic pass card for only the parents and school officials. Eliminate those who have no business there will help prevent this, however nothing is foolproof.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    When will we shooting enthusiasts wake up and realize its just way to easy to get people killing firepower. The bottom line is its more profitable to make and sell ARs and plastic handguns than it was to make and sell real sporting and target firearms. I'm discouraged with the entire system. $ pushing politics.....no common sense.
    Yeah, the 12 or 10 gage shotgun or .300 mag rifle with a good scope won't harm anyone - right. Your attitude insures the Gun Control advocates will have great arguing points when they try to ban AR's - AK's etc. Only later will they ban YOUR shotguns and rifles. You have miss read the 2nd amendment. It was written NOT TO ALLOW HUNTING RIFLES but to ARM the citizens - to prevent an UNARMED citizenry from being made servants of an ARMED Government. Besides why do you think your hunting enjoyment is any greater or should be given more protection than those who really enjoy target shooting and gun collecting? I am really surprised you remain on this Forum with your Anti-certain gun attitude.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Can we give this "assault weapons" crap a rest?

MSNBC, CNN, FOX news are all reporting HE DID NOT EVEN USE AN ASSAULT WEAPON. THE BUSHMASTER AR NEVER LEFT THE CAR, HE USED HANDGUNS, THOSE ARE NOT "assault weapons" and WOULD NOT BE BANNED by a damn AWB.

Top Bottom