• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Watching CNN and they showed a pic of a g23 sig 2022 and bushmaster ar-15 with reporters discussing "clip capacity" like that was a really important detail. Last quote of the segment was " those guns killed a lot of people" this is an old tune with the lib media but still amazes me. Prayers to all affected

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife has not been shooting with us in a long while due to some medical issues but this has gotten her back in the fold. We are going this weekend.
    This falls back on anyone who knew this guy was whack. No one steps up and says anything anymore because it is not "PC"
    The shooter in Arizona was a known whack job as was the infamous theater shooter. I have not followed the Mall shooter. It is more than I can stomach right now. Many knew these ****s were nuts but did little or nothing. This is the issue. If you know your kid is nuts do something about it. If you do not and it ends like this....it is on you.
    Not an opinion....fact.

Again...prayers to all those in pain. I can not begin to know what this feels like.

conan1rice

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Wayne County
    Ironically, i was on my way home from the shooting range getting some good training with my glock and AR-15 when i heard the news. When i start questioning if there really is a need for me to carry everyday, this horrific event hit the radio via 700wlw. I listen in horror as events unfold during the drive home and while i listen at home. I pray for the children lost, parents of the children lost, and the survivors in picking up the pieces of their life and moving on after this event.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    What happened today was a horrible tragedy. It brings me to tears that so many young lives were ended and done so in a terrifying way.

I don't know what those parents are going through. And to imagine what it would be like to loose my son is too painful. I don't care what religion you aspouse...if any. We all need to keep these parents in our prayers. Loosing a child in such a violent way can be very difficult to deal with. And it is beyond what most of us can imagine to start the process of dealing with such a loss and eventually continuing with life.

Unfortunately, there are those who do not approve of the 2nd amendment and private ownership of firearms. And they will use this situation to their advantage. And because they have a sympathetic ear and mouthpiece with the press, the press will only assist them.

The problem is, firearms are not the root of the problem. There is almost always mental issues involved with the people who cause these tragedies. However, instead of addressing the increasing mental health issues we see today, the narrative is shifted to the inanimate objects that were used...guns. Instead of focusing on the person who committed the act, others focus on the unintelligent inanimate object used during the act.

What's odd is the fact that this is not done with other inanimate objects...knives...cars...bats... Only when guns are involved is there such a focus on the object that was used.

The press have already selected their new sound bites that were said by our president. And now they are being repeated every few minutes by the media.

"We've endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years"

"And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics."

Our focus now must be to help others understand that restricting our firearms rights will not stop these tragedies from happening. Rather...the opposite is true. We must convince others of the saying that is so true "an armed society is a polite society." Even though mass shootings seem to be more frequent, they continue to be done in "gun free zones". If there were no gun free zones, then the frequency of these horrendous acts would drop exponentially.

Until we can convince our friends, our neighbors and our family that all law abiding citizens should be able to be armed all the time, we will continue to see these tragedies happen. And each time the anti-2nd amendment groups will attempt to use those tragedies to accomplish their own goals.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I too am saddened by this whole situation. I can not imagine the grief the parents of these children are experiencing. I have heard to many people blaming this or that. I will just pray for the families.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Really? They only produce products that SOCIETY wants. No one FORCES people to watch violent shows, movies, productions. They willingly spend money for violence. Everyone likes a good crash at the race track (it is violent, just not interpersonal), people won't watch the news if there wasn't something violent talked about. Hollywood is a reflection of society, not it's causes. I don't pretend to be an expert on causation of violence but from what I see at work, the buck stops with the parenting...or lack thereof. It's a vicious cycle. Little to no stability at home leads to maladjusted kids who grow up with NO coping skills. Example, last week I responded to a 2 week old not breathing. I get there and start CPR but he was DOA. I think it was positional asphyxiation. However, this little child was number 7. Mom was currently in jail and family was caring for the infant. This was the only child mom had custody of and who knows for how long. The rest of the kids are in the DCS system in one way or another. The cards are stacked against them to grow up without SERIOUS emotional problems (some were born with drugs in their system). They could easily become violent individuals. The family were churchgoers and god fearing yet the violence continues. Loving your children and showing them how to be responsible and respect their fellow humans (or other lives in general) will break the cycle. Not enough of that going around these days. People are too worried about themselves.
    I 100% agree, I am 71 and raised during the 40's & 50's. We listened to many war stories, watched movies of slaughter of Indians and Cowboys. Shooting people was shown in almost every movie. Almost every house I visited had Guns visible with ammo in the drawer or shelf nearby. We played with cap pistols, bow and arrows, BB guns, then most hunted with 22's or shotguns by the time we were in our early teens. BUT we did have the benefit of stable homes, churches that taught not only morality, but also the fact we would be held accountable and judged for our actions in the future by God. I knew of no one that was wounded or killed in any area near our town. And although we played Cowboys & Indians (or bad guys and Sheriff) we all knew the difference between PLAY and REALITY. I believe the majority of people still do. I'm not really sure society has changed that much, but all it takes is one (1) mentally ill or completely evil person to commit such an atrocity and tragic event as happened today and the media insures it is exposed to the world, as has been stated in earlier posts. These events have and do occur worldwide, sometimes with guns - sometimes with knives - sometimes with bombs, sometimes with fire. I certainly don't have the answer - but I hope those who try to use this for political purposes are dammed. I will pray for those who have lost their precious children, friends and family members.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I'm sad and mad. Watching ABC they had parents saying the teachers were hero's..."They took the kids an put them in a corner of the room and kept them safe..." Sorry but how did they keep the kids safe!!!!!!! Another reporter talked to a sweet red head girl and she said she heard bad noises....Reporter asked what happened then?....she said the teacher made us go to our desks and she started reading to us.......Reporter asked what happened then?......I heard more bad noises.....Reporter said, you heard more bad noises while the teacher was reading to you?........yes.
    Well since the teachers can't carry guns guess the best thing to keep kids safe is to put them in a corner during a shooting rampage and read to them....by the way, the teacher read the Nut Cracker. Glad Obama said this can't continue....guess he means teachers will be allowed to carry......?

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    When will our society ever learn that gun free zones are simply target rich environments for these kinds of psychos. The time has come for allowing teachers and administrators to ARM themselves to protect our kids.
    The government won't go for this, they would be one of the only gun free zones left, and they won't let that happen, but i wish they would. I can not fathom how anyone, even the insane, can rationalize hurting small children. It's things like this that make me want to home school my kids.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't dissagree with you neccessarly. I feel you make valid societal points...However, you can't deny that perpetual information flow of violence in all of our daily lives breeds generations of desensitized kids. Who later fast track into mentally unstable adults.
    Under certain conditions, yes. Without involved parents, yes...bad news. What are we going to do, censor TV-movies-games? They are already rated to allow parents to monitor their kids activities. I play FPS Xbox360 games with my 11yr old son, they don't bother him and he knows they are games. My sister made the choice that her son will NOT play games rated M, her choice. Bans and censoring won't replace good parenting.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I 100% agree, I am 71 and raised during the 40's & 50's. We listened to many war stories, watched movies of slaughter of Indians and Cowboys. Shooting people was shown in almost every movie. Almost every house I visited had Guns visible with ammo in the drawer or shelf nearby. We played with cap pistols, bow and arrows, BB guns, then most hunted with 22's or shotguns by the time we were in our early teens. BUT we did have the benefit of stable homes, churches that taught not only morality, but also the fact we would be held accountable and judged for our actions in the future by God. I knew of no one that was wounded or killed in any area near our town. And although we played Cowboys & Indians (or bad guys and Sheriff) we all knew the difference between PLAY and REALITY. I believe the majority of people still do. I'm not really sure society has changed that much, but all it takes is one (1) mentally ill or completely evil person to commit such an atrocity and tragic event as happened today and the media insures it is exposed to the world, as has been stated in earlier posts. These events have and do occur worldwide, sometimes with guns - sometimes with knives - sometimes with bombs, sometimes with fire. I certainly don't have the answer - but I hope those who try to use this for political purposes are dammed.

What, are you warped or something. I'm sure a few weeks watching MSNBC can straighten you out!

bullseyebob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    When will we shooting enthusiasts wake up and realize its just way to easy to get people killing firepower. The bottom line is its more profitable to make and sell ARs and plastic handguns than it was to make and sell real sporting and target firearms. I'm discouraged with the entire system. $ pushing politics.....no common sense.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    32289_398051456936486_70640144_n.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Listening to NPR... There's psychologist explaining that mass killings are nothing new been around for decade and and only a small amount of people die from such events...

Much longer than decades, actually, as I previously posted, but the general idea is correct. The global instant spread of information has its pros and cons, one of the cons is every disaster seems local and makes the world seem much more dangerous than it really is.

Top Bottom