• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seriously, screw you guy. Don't take the actions of a single crazy person and place them on the government. This has nothing to do with the government. The fact that you would try to politicize a massacre of children is absolutely disgusting.

Yup......

I do think he is saying what they will do with this and he is right on the money. Just the wrong place and time (and way) to say it.

We can discuss the politics involved at another time/thread

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I think it's time to start holding those who glorify violence accountable... namely Hollywood. How many television shows and movies do you see people using firearms to solve their problems? One can't thumb through the channels at night without seeing some sort of "crime show" that involves murder, rape, etc... let alone being inundated monthly by the latest/greatest movie theater release of mindless violence. Let's address the problem that feeds violence in society... not the tools/means used!

Really? They only produce products that SOCIETY wants. No one FORCES people to watch violent shows, movies, productions. They willingly spend money for violence. Everyone likes a good crash at the race track (it is violent, just not interpersonal), people won't watch the news if there wasn't something violent talked about. Hollywood is a reflection of society, not it's causes. I don't pretend to be an expert on causation of violence but from what I see at work, the buck stops with the parenting...or lack thereof. It's a vicious cycle. Little to no stability at home leads to maladjusted kids who grow up with NO coping skills. Example, last week I responded to a 2 week old not breathing. I get there and start CPR but he was DOA. I think it was positional asphyxiation. However, this little child was number 7. Mom was currently in jail and family was caring for the infant. This was the only child mom had custody of and who knows for how long. The rest of the kids are in the DCS system in one way or another. The cards are stacked against them to grow up without SERIOUS emotional problems (some were born with drugs in their system). They could easily become violent individuals. The family were churchgoers and god fearing yet the violence continues. Loving your children and showing them how to be responsible and respect their fellow humans (or other lives in general) will break the cycle. Not enough of that going around these days. People are too worried about themselves.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Don't waste your disgust on an internet commando..
    KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    The saddest part about this is we are not protecting our children in a logical and methodical manner. Even worse we are making them into targets by making these gun free zones. On top of that our media is capitalizing on this tragedy. They should be ashamed of themselves. Also, there should be security guards at these schools and teachers should have firearms training and be issued a firearm for carry at the school to protect our children-THE MOST VALUABLE ASSET OF THIS GREAT NATION. You want some zero tolerance I'll give it to ya! Walk in the school shooting and we blow you away right at the door! Hows that for zero tolerance! Im perfectly willing to sacrifice some of my personal income to pay for this as long as its in its own fund for use only for protection; none of this general fund bull****. Id pay a yearly fee and Id be happy to do it! Also, Im not advocating treating our children as prisoners when they go to school. No searches to enter the school and all that bull****. Just trained personnel carrying guns and responding to any threats to the lives of our children.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Really? They only produce products that SOCIETY wants. No one FORCES people to watch violent shows, movies, productions. They willingly spend money for violence. Everyone likes a good crash at the race track (it is violent, just not interpersonal), people won't watch the news if there wasn't something violent talked about. Hollywood is a reflection of society, not it's causes. I don't pretend to be an expert on causation of violence but from what I see at work, the buck stops with the parenting...or lack thereof. It's a vicious cycle. Little to no stability at home leads to maladjusted kids who grow up with NO coping skills. Example, last week I responded to a 2 week old not breathing. I get there and start CPR but he was DOA. I think it was positional asphyxiation. However, this little child was number 7. Mom was currently in jail and family was caring for the infant. This was the only child mom had custody of and who knows for how long. The rest of the kids are in the DCS system in one way or another. The cards are stacked against them to grow up without SERIOUS emotional problems (some were born with drugs in their system). They could easily become violent individuals. The family were churchgoers and god fearing yet the violence continues. Loving your children and showing them how to be responsible and respect their fellow humans (or other lives in general) will break the cycle. Not enough of that going around these days. People are too worried about themselves.

I don't dissagree with you neccessarly. I feel you make valid societal points...However, you can't deny that perpetual information flow of violence in all of our daily lives breeds generations of desensitized kids. Who later fast track into mentally unstable adults.

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Deleted

Sorry , I was notified by a kind member that copy and past of copyrighted material was not allowed. I will try and post a link.

Last edited:

fisherman55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Governments love killing children; especially if the event is used to push their agenda.

Disclaimer: opinion

You go to h'll mister. You preach that guns don't kill people....people do.
    The governments don't kill children....the 20 yr old idiot killed the children.

What does it take for people like you to just get off your addenda for a day and pray for the kids and their parents. You got kids????

Let this lie for a period of respect . Pick up your f ' kin flag next week.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Listening to NPR... There's psychologist explaining that mass killings are nothing new been around for decade and and only a small amount of people die from such events...

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Well said Pirate. Society as a whole has slid down the slippery slope regarding morality, ethics, respect, etc... . It is apparent in the way many treat other people or ignore suffering. A general lack of empathy or humility. It's become a "me" type of mentality all too many times, as I witness daily. Denny makes some very valid points, however we all must be aware of the influence media has in our lives, and how it does change the way we think and act. If one questions this, then they don't understand the reason for marketing and advertising and it's effects upon us.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    This made me physically sick when I heard it on the radio coming home. Had to turn it off. As coltaceguy says...

"Carney said renewing a federal assault weapons ban "does remain a commitment" of the president"

Emotional Obama vows action to prevent shootings

That's different.. at least he gave the whole thing the necessary 6 hours mourning period before politicizing it.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Twenty-six versus 16,000 ± ....

Quoting Gutmacher Institute figures (Wiki:) T otal Abortions (2009): 13,732
    The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that 13,732 abortions took place in Connecticut during 2009. The table below compares Connecticut abortion totals by year.
    2009 2008 2007
    13,732 14,442 14,534
    Etc. Just how much is a child's/baby's LIFE worth to you!!!!???? My point: It does not matter whether a scalpel or a bullet kills you; YOU ARE DEAD! In Conn. fifty times less lack of respect for children.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom