• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    We had the Patriot Act introduced in the name of safety, we have TSA screenings and pat downs, and the idea of trying our enemies in civilian courts. I have no doubt that our .gov will do something in the name of safety and equality. You are ignorant if you can't see that.

Lobb40118

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Earth
    I purchased an .308 DPMS AR this past weekend. Planned on it anyway but figured it wouldn't hurt to rush it a bit.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    This makes me a sad Panda. So what are the three rifles still on the wall in the Bradis picture?

images

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I assume all lowers are gone too? I was planning getting a lower after the holidays but I guess I'm pretty much SOL on that idea. I've looked at few places online and they are sold out.

jevin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    I assume all lowers are gone too? I was planning getting a lower after the holidays but I guess I'm pretty much SOL on that idea. I've looked at few places online and they are sold out.

I'm in the same spot. I didn't want to buy because of the election but with recent news I feel like I should have two lowers in hand ASAP. I'm willing to pay good money for stripped lowers if I can get them soon!! Any ideas?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    how about compared to 2008/2009 Obama gun mania?

I hit two dealers in Ft. Wayne today just looking around at what they had. I have NEVER seen so many people buying AR15s and magazines in my life. I guess people are wanting them before any type of ban gets passed. Yes I admit I bought an Amralite from Sniper Company myself and I am glad I did. Maybe everyone is just jumping the gun but I wasn't gonna be one to get left in the dust. Anyway if you think for a minute you may want one I would say ya better go get it. Ban or not they are selling like hotcakes and suppliers are gonna have a hard time keeping up.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Your still on this idiot kick? "The boats not sinking, it's the Titanic, it's unsinkable". "They aren't going to have another AWB." Keep telling your self that while the life boats fill up so to speak.

We won't know who the idiots are until it's over..... Just saying.

The political claimant is different. Republicans still have control of the house, and it is suicide to vote for an AWB. Even if all of the Democrats vote for it (they wont, there will be a few holdouts, more if it takes a month or two to come to a vote and some of the heat has passed) it still couldnt pass.

Try as they might, this is not there year. So, sucks to be you suckers. I have a pending sale on my WASR for $700, and in six months or so, I will be buying a brand new one for $500.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    The political claimant is different. Republicans still have control of the house, and it is suicide to vote for an AWB. Even if all of the Democrats vote for it (they wont, there will be a few holdouts, more if it takes a month or two to come to a vote and some of the heat has passed) it still couldnt pass.

Try as they might, this is not there year. So, sucks to be you suckers. I have a pending sale on my WASR for $700, and in six months or so, I will be buying a brand new one for $500.

Finally, someone who makes sense in this.

Everyone is panicking thinking President Obama is going to take away our assault rifles.

It's a good think it's not a monarchy, and we have division of power. Everyone is forgetting that the house is still republican owned. An awb IS NOT going to happen through 2014 (election year) because of the republican rule in the house. And the bill would have to pass all 3 (house, president, and senate) to become law. It's just flat out not going to happen.

A high cap mag ban.....possibly. But not an awb, no matter how much President Obama kicks and screams for one.

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    was in gander mtn and monday and tuesday and they hardly had any tuesday night they had some monday afternoon guess people are buying while they can

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Meek's Guns in Ft. Branch and Right to Bear Arms in Haubstadt are mostly wiped out as well. Meek's still had a few Bushmasters left at $925 a pop. Guy behind the counter said when the next batch comes in, they'll be ALOT more expensive. Single orders may take up to a year to come in.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Glad I bought 3 stripped lowers after the second presidential debate. Wife called me crazy. Too bad my intuition for roulette and blackjack isn't as good.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    this month for me: 20 P-Mags (10 ordered pre shooting), 10 M&P .40 mags (4 pre shoot), and 10 Maadi AK mags. 900 Danish 5.56 (pre shoot), 1k Golden tiger 7.62x39.

I bought as I don't know what the life cycle of a P-Mag is, and the USGI mags I owned during the last ban were ratty as hell towards the end.

SecondAmendment

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Lower Receivers : Ten Percent Firearms, The Firearms Experts A friend of mine is local to them and said he has stripped lowers in stock, for the moment. I suggest calling him to verify before you order.

Went to above link and this is what the website says now (one day after above was posted on this forum).

"We have sold out of all lowers of any type at this time. We have orders of these on the way and we will put them online when they are available. We do not have a wait list, nor will we be creating one. Thank you."

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Not possible. Congress can't create ex post facto laws.

It wouldn't be an ex post facto law. An ex post facto law would be if they made the weapons illegal dating back to 2009 and then prosecuted everyone who possessed one after that date. They could pass a law that said all semi auto rifles are illegal starting next week and that wouldn't be ex post facto.

What about an executive order? Doesn't that bypass everyone?

They can't create new law with an executive order. Let's say that Congress passed a law against all rifles with a pistol grip, but didn't define what a pistol grip actually is. An executive order could clarify that. So without specific guidelines, they could define a pistol grip by executive order to include for instance thumbhole grips, and declare that those are now illegal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom