• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Now, let's combine this on the other hand: How about family, coworkers, even people I considered friends calling me a: Monster, terrorist, right wing nut job (and people that know me know I am a bit left of center), murderer, baby killer, terror trainer, scum, facist, fear monger, etc... all because I was associated in their minds with firearms in one way or another. BABY KILLER for sake! Did I kill those kids? No. Did I sell the firearms that killed them? NO! DID I TRAIN THAT NUTJOB OR GIVE HIM RANGE TIME? NO! Nothing enrages me more than to think that people have lost their wits around this and have resorted to associating me with Hitler, mass murderers or similar ilk.

I had some similar experiences over the weekend. My own Mom, upset that I had bought an AR a few weeks ago, wouldn't even talk to me because I have a son in kindergarten. "How could I be so cruel and heartless." I also had a life long friend that I will no longer be speaking to after he told me that I might as well shoot my own kids. And he's a guy that used to carry around a 10" knife and talk about how badly he wanted to stab someone with it!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Ladoga, Indiana
    I tihink if it were me going to buy an assualt style weapon I would buy it used at this time. That way you would have minimal record of the transaction. If you buy it brand new off the shelf there is always going to be documentation that you bought the gun. The less the government knows the better . SERparacord I have also been told that there will be no grandfather clause on these type of weapons. If you do not have your lifetime consealed carry permit I would also recommend investing in that because I have been told that they will be grandfathered in even after they decide to stop selling them because "they are loosing money"

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I tihink if it were me going to buy an assualt style weapon I would buy it used at this time. That way you would have minimal record of the transaction. If you buy it brand new off the shelf there is always going to be documentation that you bought the gun. The less the government knows the better . SERparacord I have also been told that there will be no grandfather clause on these type of weapons. If you do not have your lifetime consealed carry permit I would also recommend investing in that because I have been told that they will be grandfathered in even after they decide to stop selling them because "they are loosing money"

I've had the lifetime since it came out.
    CBI Deals With Massive Influx Of Potential Gun Buyers

DENVER (CBS4) – The day after the shooting in Connecticut a lot of people in Colorado tried to buy a gun.
    The Colorado Bureau of Investigation says it received 4,154 requests for background checks from potential buyers on Saturday. That was so many the CBI couldn’t process them all and the backlog grew to nearly 18 hours. The Unit could only process 3,001 checks on Saturday.

scsbronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Very interesting. I hate how this effects buying reloading components too. Everyone is in a panic and I just need a few things to keep me going.

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    I was on my way to DC to turn my Hi-Cap mags in when this happened............:dunno:

I know what you mean.
    I had the same luck yesterday but Im OK
    picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Me. But I'm not an ar fan. I only have ak variants.

The real question is:
    Why are all of these idiots panic buying assault rifles (ar, ak, fal, g3, or whatever). If they really wanted/needed one, they would have got one before all of this mess. And they'll look like fools after all of this blows over for buying these when demand is so high and prices are through the roof.

At least once this all blows over and there is no awb, there'll be plenty of lnib assault rifles on the market for me to buy for pennies on the dollar.

I suppose I'm one of the "idiots" you refer to. I've purchased numerous since the election. I've completed my current shopping list and only paid retail for two.

For what it's worth, this isn't the panic buying, that will be when the prices really start to go up. The guns on the shelf now are at last months prices. Wait until next month.

When Shooter521 fills that AR rack back up, the ARs are probably going to cost him a lot more to get, if he can get them.

This is just getting started.:twocents:

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    The prices were already through the roof where I was. The people in there were paying the same price for some no name ar junk as they could have paid for a colt le6920 or something along those lines.

I'm talking about some of the people in there that quite literally don't know what they're buying, or how to use it. One guy bought one, and didn't know what it even was that he bought. I'm not even joking about that. He plopped down money for whatever was there, and then proceeded to ask stupid questions about it after buying it. He didn't even know what the gun was chambered in (223).

Some of the people buying these guns have no business having firearms. They don't know how to use them, and they're dangerous. I saw one kid looking down the barrel of a shotgun (literally).

Some of these idiots have the right to own one, but really have no business owning one. They're more dangerous to themselves with a firearm than without.

Last edited:

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I was at Gander Mtn on Sat. returning a shirt. There were at least 20 people waiting for service at the firearms counter.

My brother-in law said Bob's in Plainfield was picked clean.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    so he is an idiot for buying a gun and then asking questions about it? I disagree..he sounds like a person that is informed enough to buy a firearm who is hardworking enough to have cash or credit to buy said firearm....it is better to ask so called stupid questions than making statements that are not true like some on here ...hats off to him for buying a firearm and asking questions about it..how do you come up with the idea that people are stupid for buying something that they have not used before? How is he supposed to get any tacit knowledge about a firearm? Not from you evidently because it does not seem like you are willing to teach...I guess a person should spend hours on youtube to learn how to use a firearm...it is called ingunowners not ingunresearchers..i promote firearm ownership to people i know not just for myself but for others ...
    The prices were already through the roof where I was. The people in there were paying the same price for some no name ar junk as they could have paid for a colt le6920 or something along those lines.

I'm talking about some of the people in there that quite literally don't know what they're buying, or how to use it. One guy bought one, and didn't know what it even was that he bought. I'm not even joking about that. He plopped down money for whatever was there, and then proceeded to ask stupid questions about it after buying it. He didn't even know what the gun was chambered in (223).

Some of the people buying these guns have no business having firearms. They don't know how to use them, and they're dangerous. I saw one kid looking down the barrel of a shotgun (literally).

Some of these idiots have the right to own one, but really have no business owning one. They're more dangerous to themselves with a firearm than without.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    He should have done some research before buying. I'm all about informed buying rather than knee jerk buying, which was clearly what he was doing.

And he wasn't asking about gun safety, which was clearly what he needed.

Yes, he was an idiot.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I know that as of about 8:30 PM last night PSS , Bradis and ITP were sold out of both AR's and PMAGS .

BGF had a few left today but the guy behind the counter said they had a record run on them this weekend .

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Been contemplating a Sig 716. Starting watching Gunbroker a couple weeks ago. Was always 20~23 units available, usually going for $1,800 to $1950 (pending OD vs FDE vs Black). Just checked today, only 8 of them, all over $2K.

Thankfully LGS has one incoming with my name in it. Just got to decide if I want to part with anything to fund it, or just buy it outright.

Top Bottom