• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Buddy of mine said MGE was pack to the gills yesterday - said he saw one guy wheel out an entire dolly of AK / AR pattern rifles worth at LEAST $10K. This was just one individuals purchase. Their total store take in the last couple days must be absolutely staggering.

I've got everything I really NEED, but I sure wish I had the funds to buy a couple more rifles. Sadly, an illegal alien totaled my truck last week in a traffic accident. My leg is messed up, and my funds are zapped.

I just purchased a couple of Ruger BX-25 mags tonight, and I will be placing another order for magazines with Midway on Friday. I also have a couple of high dollar revolvers I am considering selling / trading to fund another AR or AK.

I'm not going to let Obama and his cronies manipulate this tragedy so as to catch me unprepared. I survived his predecessors, and I will survive him.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    We sold OUT of AR-15 type rifles today. All of them. To the bare walls. AR magazines, too. If you didn't go out after [2004 AWB Sunset, 2008 Obama election, the last school shooting, etc etc] and get yourself a couple good rifles and a lifetime supply of magazines, you're late to the dance and you get what you get, so don't ***** that we're all sold out.

Wow!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    We sold OUT of AR-15 type rifles today. All of them. To the bare walls. AR magazines, too. If you didn't go out after [2004 AWB Sunset, 2008 Obama election, the last school shooting, etc etc] and get yourself a couple good rifles and a lifetime supply of magazines, you're late to the dance and you get what you get, so don't ***** that we're all sold out.

That said, I sure hope all the folks doing all this panic buying will also take the time to contact their elected officials and voice their opposition to any kind of legislation that penalizes law-abiding gun owners for the illegal actions of a few madmen.

My :twocents:

Cmon Mark, you honestly think that people who are buying out of fear are going to take the time, let alone pay the patience, to try to think rationally and make a strategic move, rather than a reactionary tactical one? :(

After seeing two jackjawed hillbillies literally play tug of war over an overpriced SAR-8 when I worked at a shop in 2008, my confidence in the average gun owner died that day. Literally, tug of war. I had to threaten calling the Mooresville police department to get those huckle****s to stop. One hilljack moron threatened me in '08 because I sold the last half case of .223 (and it was even garbage ammo, some 50 grain leadless crap) and demanded to get "wut you have in back or else". When I asked him what "or else" meant and began walking around the counter towards him, he left grumbling. How about people screaming at me, LITERALLY screaming at me when they called in and wanted something that was LONG gone. My confidence in the average gun owning American has been shaken and will irrevokably be shaken for the rest of my life after seeing the stupidity of that year.

Now, let's combine this on the other hand: How about family, coworkers, even people I considered friends calling me a: Monster, terrorist, right wing nut job (and people that know me know I am a bit left of center), murderer, baby killer, terror trainer, scum, facist, fear monger, etc... all because I was associated in their minds with firearms in one way or another. BABY KILLER for sake! Did I kill those kids? No. Did I sell the firearms that killed them? NO! DID I TRAIN THAT NUTJOB OR GIVE HIM RANGE TIME? NO! Nothing enrages me more than to think that people have lost their wits around this and have resorted to associating me with Hitler, mass murderers or similar ilk.

The time in this nation for compromise and consideration is over, PERIOD. People aren't going to take the time for discourse. It's their way or the highway. I'm going to write my letters, put them in the mail, hunker down in my mindset and wait for the stupidity to blow over and when it's done (yeah, that's rich), then I will come back out and maybe try to treat people that called me a monster or acted foolishly in these trying times with a modicum of respect. :twocents: I agree with you Mark in the sense of trying to get people to act responsibly and take the time to make moves that make sense. But sense has left the building, replaced with fear, moral bankruptcy and the puppeteer on both sides is playing the strings HARD this year.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I was at centerfiresystems in Versailles ky today. Everything ar and ak related is gng unbelievably fast. They were sold out of almost everything. Lots of yahoos buying guns they don't know anything about.

IMHO, nothing is even going to happen. At most, there will be a 30+ round high cap mag ban. Nothing more than that.

Think about it, there's a lot of USA companies employing USA citizens to build ar15s. With the economy like it is, they don't want to fire all those people by banning assault rifles.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It feels like everybody has just given up before the fight has even started. And who didnt have an AR before all this anyway? I didn't have an AK before this and I still don't want one i'm not going to run out and buy one just because. I hope the guy who bought 10K worth of rifles is made a fool of. The WH is already backpedaling on what they may be able to do.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    It feels like everybody has just given up before the fight has even started. And who didnt have an AR before all this anyway? I didn't have an AK before this and I still don't want one i'm not going to run out and buy one just because. I hope the guy who bought 10K worth of rifles is made a fool of. The WH is already backpedaling on what they may be able to do.

Me. But I'm not an ar fan. I only have ak variants.

The real question is:
    Why are all of these idiots panic buying assault rifles (ar, ak, fal, g3, or whatever). If they really wanted/needed one, they would have got one before all of this mess. And they'll look like fools after all of this blows over for buying these when demand is so high and prices are through the roof.

At least once this all blows over and there is no awb, there'll be plenty of lnib assault rifles on the market for me to buy for pennies on the dollar.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Any truth to the rumor that NICS has suspended call in checks?

Complete bunk. Amazingly, NICS stayed up all day today. I was only put on hold for a few minutes on a couple of occasions due to high call volume, and I had *no* delays.

Another dealer told me that he received an email they were not accepting any more call in apps until Dec. 27th, and would do only E Checks.

That would not happen, as it would prevent the thousands of FFLs NOT enrolled in the E-check program from conducting business. Further, .gov would not communicate such news to dealers via Email; they would have to do so by sending a letter to each FFL's place of business well in advance of the scheduled shutdown.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I just took the time to write a polite and thoughtful letter to President Obama and our Senators, encouraging them to promote legislation that makes it easier for people with mental illnesses to seek treatment, rather than penalize the rights of those who have committed no crime.

My congressman doesn't have an E-mail form on his website, so I will be making a call to his secretary tomorrow.

That said, I'm still going to buy more ammo and full capacity magazines, as well as anything else that looks 'evil'. At the least, it gives me a potent excuse to have more cool stuff.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Both Cabelas and Gander Mountain have Smith & Wesson M&P15's in stock and come with MagPul 30 mags. Also a $100 rebate good through 12/31

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Was in a gun store in brownsburg this evening and things were flying off the rack. The place was swamped and lots of chatter about the potential awb.

Top Bottom