• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Combination of defiance, insult, lack of respect for legitimate authority and intentionally showing disrepect by refusal to adhere to custom usually reinforced with the universal "I don't care", I'll do what I want.

Do not parents teach this anymore? Is it generational?:dunno:

Surely not. I witnessed my brother slap my nephew's head after he walked through the door with a baseball cap on inside after being warned. Is it SES dependent? Cultural?

Mine did.:dunno:

They didn't care if I wore a hat in our house, but if we went anywhere I took it off before getting out of the car(usually).

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I dont have pitty for stupid little punks that refuse to show an ounce of respect. Taking off your hat at a funeral, in court, during the national anthem, at a wedding, indoors if your in the military, etc, its easy as pie. no one is trampling on your rights. court judges can do whatever the **** they want anyways so why try to intentionally **** them off? he was asked first. he chose the path he was taken down. then he resist by not standing, so he got drug out by his arms. stupid punk. there wasnt any brutality here. brutality would have been what my parents would have done if I hadnt taken off my hat in the first place in a court room if asked when I was a kid. getting arrested would have been the easy way out compared to what they would have done.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well these guys were rolling a video and so I imagine this court had made someone else take off a hat and they knew of it so they intentionally went there to cause trouble and get it on film. even if he didnt know, he should have taken it off when asked. then when asked to leave he should have left. so 2 charges in my opinion, contempt and trespassing.

I knew of things like this when I was growing up because I went to a church and my dad was a vietnam vet. it was a strict environment.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I knew nothing of the disrespectful nature of wearing a hat indoors until I joined the Army.

+1

Its kind of like the idea that it is disrespectful to purchase alcohol on Sundays.

The only time I take my hat off is for our national anthem, and pledge of allegiance.

I am pretty close to the same way. However, I don't think people should be arrested for wearing a hat through those ceremonies either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    +1

Its kind of like the idea that it is disrespectful to purchase alcohol on Sundays.

LISTEN UP BUDDY. IF IT'S DISREPECTFUL TO BUY ALCOHOL ON SUNDAY YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY INSINUATING THAT IT'S DISRESPECTFUL TO THE CHURCH AND NO ONE ELSE. AND WE HAVE A THING CALLED SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE AND IF YOU'RE BARRING ME FROM BUYING BOOZE ON SUNDAY I'M GOING TO HIRE A CONSTITUTIONAL LAWYER AND SUE THE LIVING HELL OUT OF YOU.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Actually, it's nothing like that, but keep reaching.

If you want to be on my private property and I request that yes, otherwise you are free to leave, My house my rules.

Note to self: If Mike invites you over, DON'T GO; he is going to request that you remove your pants.

:laugh:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Oh I would leave alright.

But first can you please explain how wearing a hat is disrespectful to you?

You must have missed some key words in Andre's post, so I will bold and underline them for you:

If I asked you to remove it and you did not yes your physical well being maybe in jeopardy.

If you want to be on my private property and I request that yes, otherwise you are free to leave, My house my rules.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    It was mentioned that a police officer was wearing a hat in the court room could this be allowed because they are on duty similar to the military while under arms wearing a duty belt (while on guard duty etc.) a cover is worn indoors.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Leaving your cover on while wearing a pistol unless at worship? What? Are you a Marine or something, semper?:D

Maybe, you could be right. However, usually cops get more slack if they are not staying in the courtroom (on business) like that kid on the video who was likely there to assist in the transport.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It was mentioned that a police officer was wearing a hat in the court room could this be allowed because they are on duty similar to the military while under arms wearing a duty belt (while on guard duty etc.) a cover is worn indoors.

For the record, I think they should both be left alone about their clothes. But these blatant double standards must end. Nobody is supposed to be above the law, no matter who writes your check.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Anyone that has ever spent 10 minutes in a court room knows they are on the Judge's turf, and what he or she says goes. Beyond that, a gentlemen doesn't wear a hat in a building. Have we lost all sense of social convention and decorum? :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Beyond that, a gentlemen doesn't wear a hat in a building. Have we lost all sense of social convention and decorum?

This was Keene, New Hampshire, home of the Wookie Suiters, so, in this case, yes, social convention and decorum is right out the window.:D

With that insult and provocation he was looking for a fight and found one.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Failwin.jpg

Top Bottom