"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I ain't even gonna open that. Not even to verify it's not just a click-bait title. Imma just presume that the world is really that ****ed up.

Here's the summary.

First, they're not actually related.

Two grown men (one in his late 70s now, the other 10 years younger) had been in a relationship for years. Since same sex marriage was not legal at the time, so they decided that the older man would adopt the other to form some type of a family unit and get the state recognized benefits that come with it (inheritance, tax related, hospital visiting rights, etc.)

Now same sex marriage is legal and they want to get married. They can't get married because the state recognizes them as father and adopted son so they are trying to get the adoption annulled.

It's a weird story and situation, but not incestuous as the headline would make you believe.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's the summary.

First, they're not actually related.

Two grown men (one in his late 70s now, the other 10 years younger) had been in a relationship for years. Since same sex marriage was not legal at the time, so they decided that the older man would adopt the other to form some type of a family unit and get the state recognized benefits that come with it (inheritance, tax related, hospital visiting rights, etc.)

Now same sex marriage is legal and they want to get married. They can't get married because the state recognizes them as father and adopted son so they are trying to get the adoption annulled.

It's a weird story and situation, but not incestuous as the headline would make you believe.

I wouldn't have thought it was incestuous being that he is a step-son. Anyway, I'm still going with my gut here. Not something I care to know any more about.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wonder if their "relationship" ever rose to the level of legally-defined incest?

Adopted or not, you can't legally (in Indiana, at least) have sex with your kids. No statute of limitations, and (I don't believe) you need a cooperating victim.

All that said, if they had kept their private business private, I wouldn't have given it a second (even a first) thought.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wonder if their "relationship" ever rose to the level of legally-defined incest?

Adopted or not, you can't legally (in Indiana, at least) have sex with your kids. No statute of limitations, and (I don't believe) you need a cooperating victim.

All that said, if they had kept their private business private, I wouldn't have given it a second (even a first) thought.

What people do behind closed doors is their own business. I don't care to know what goes on between consenting parties. It's not my business. But when they make it public, they shouldn't be surprised if I have an opinion, even one that is disapproving.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Just to make it a little more concrete:

6cIO115.jpg

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    So I wonder what the parents will do. Were it me, I'd pull my kids out of the school and separate from their church. This is totally unbelievable .

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

As the parent of a first grader, this stuff scares me. that's just normal behavior for a kid that age.

My kid likes key chains, so I brought him a G17 shaped one from a match this fall. First thing he says is he wants to take it to school to show friends. So we had to have a talk about why he can't do that. Hard to have a logical response to the "but it's just a keychain" argument.

Private school like that, all $ from me would stop and he'd be going elsewhere. Same for the associated church.

Public school like where my kid is... well, let's see how long we can keep the TV crews on the school's front lawn...

-rvb

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait, whut? A criminal politician in East Chicago? When did that start?

Oh.. I get it. The "Are you kidding" part is that he was charged. Very clever, GPIA7iahuhnuhner.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom