"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm no Rahm Emanuel fan, but did anyone actually read the article...or better yet, the actual proposal?
    Article doesn't list mission work, traveling, or owning/running/working a business as acceptable "plans" for after graduation.

Which is all beside the point, as it is none of the state's business what my adult child does after high school.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm no Rahm Emanuel fan, but did anyone actually read the article...or better yet, the actual proposal?

I read it. Like most liberal ideas, I can see the "good intentions" behind it. But I disagree with the continued flooding of the market with college graduates that get degrees they can't afford and debt they can't pay off just to satisfy the dream of a mandatory 14 years of education. I think it's a good thing to get high schoolers thinking about how they're going to start their lives off once they're done with their senior years. In fact, if they were talking about classes for learning soft job skills, resume writing, interviewing, career planning, that's all stuff I could support. But to push kids into enslaving themselves to the college-industrial-complex is a crime, in my opinion.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    it all comes full circle

C8vur7xXkAIV_p0.jpg:small

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The Daily Beast began publishing on October 6, 2008, The Beast's founding editor was Tina Brown, a former editor of Vanity Fair and The New Yorker as well as the short-lived Talk Magazine. Brown stepped down as editor in September 2013. John Avlon, an American journalist and political commentator as well as a CNN contributor, is the site's editor in chief.

Yep, that's where I'd go for unbiased reporting

From the cited Daily Beast article:
    The fighting between Kushner and Bannon has been “nonstop” in recent weeks, according to sources who spoke on condition of anonymity. It’s been an “open secret” that Bannon and Kushner often clash “face-to-face,” according to senior officials.

Another anonymous hatchet job furthering the left's narrative. Yawn

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I read it.
    no one is saying it's bad to encourage students to have a plan after graduation! But to withhold the diploma they have already earned? How does that make sense?
    Also, where does he get the statistic claiming 65% of the students have been accepted to a college? Sounds ridiculous to me.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I read it. Like most liberal ideas, I can see the "good intentions" behind it. But I disagree with the continued flooding of the market with college graduates that get degrees they can't afford and debt they can't pay off just to satisfy the dream of a mandatory 14 years of education. I think it's a good thing to get high schoolers thinking about how they're going to start their lives off once they're done with their senior years. In fact, if they were talking about classes for learning soft job skills, resume writing, interviewing, career planning, that's all stuff I could support. But to push kids into enslaving themselves to the college-industrial-complex is a crime, in my opinion.
    But, but, but, he wants to make college "free", as if there is such a thing!?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom