"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "What's his INGO username"

9qdDTwb.png

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Gov. Cuomo Announces NY Will Provide Legal Defense for Undocumented Immigrants

[The fund is “to ensure all immigrants, regardless of residency status, have access to representation,” according to a statement from the governor's office.

The fund is being called the “Liberty Defense Project,” and it consists of public and private money. The Carnegie Corporation of New York and the Ford Foundation have added $1.5 million to the fund, bring the total to $11.5 million.

When he first announced the program, Governor Cuomo said that he was protecting the rights of New Yorkers:

“During these stormy times, it’s critical that all New Yorkers have access to their full rights under the law.”

CNN Money points out that, typically, undocumented immigrants do not have access to a free attorney, unlike their legal counterparts.

No. Illegal immigrants don't have the same Constitutional Rights as citizens.

I do think everyone should have some type of representation while dealing with the courts, if only to explain to them what is happening along the way. But I'm not sure what form that needs to be. Do they not currently get a public defender? Or is that only for criminal cases?

I do see the push to afford Constitutional rights to illegals ultimately ending with the left arguing for their right to vote.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    OK, so somebody didnt think this through. What is to stop them from hitting the net, then climbing to the edge and jumping again? (hint, nothing)

Construction to Start on Golden Gate Bridge Suicide-Prevention Net | NBC Bay Area
    I don't know, falling 20 feet onto a stainless steel net kinda sorta sounds like it could have it's disadvantages. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the first person who attempts suicide but hits the "net" instead, will be suing the **** out of whatever authority is in charge of the bridge!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is a big problem in Asia. Not really a huge thing here... not sure why we'd copy their prevention methods. Especially since America is so litigious.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I don't know the physics of a "net".
    But, when I have to wear a fall protection harness with an 8 foot lanyard at work, I'm supposed to tie off to something rated at least 5,000 pounds.
    Handrails are NOT rated that high.

I would imagine the "net" kind of acts to cushion the blow.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't know, falling 20 feet onto a stainless steel net kinda sorta sounds like it could have it's disadvantages. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the first person who attempts suicide but hits the "net" instead, will be suing the **** out of whatever authority is in charge of the bridge!

That and trying to work up the courage to do it again after falling the 20 feet and hitting the net. And will possibly allow people to get there to try to stop them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom