"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    File this under "The stuff that passes for journalism these days:"
    IMPD arrests pair for July crime spree - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Police say the victim in that case was shot several times, but escaped injury.

So when does a gun shot not amount to an injury?

Must be a word missing, either "...shot [at] several times..." or "...escaped [serious] injury."

Attributed to "WTHR Staff." Also likely missing a word: "interns."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    File this under "The stuff that passes for journalism these days:"
    IMPD arrests pair for July crime spree - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

So when does a gun shot not amount to an injury?

Must be a word missing, either "...shot [at] several times..." or "...escaped [serious] injury."

Attributed to "WTHR Staff." Also likely missing a word: "interns."

You know how it is when you write. You formulate in your mind what you're keying as you key it, and sometimes not every word you're thinking gets keyed. Happens to Kut all the time. Apparently. Probably the author was thinking of writing "serious injury" and then "serious" didn't make it to the fingers.

It happens to me, often enough. Even proofreading misses it. It's like I insert the missing word as I'm reading what I actually wrote, and miss the mistake. If I reread it days later, then I'll typically catch it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know how it is when you write. You formulate in your mind what you're keying as you key it, and sometimes not every word you're thinking gets keyed. Happens to Kut all the time. Apparently. Probably the author was thinking of writing "serious injury" and then "serious" didn't make it to the fingers.

It happens to me, often enough. Even proofreading misses it. It's like I insert the missing word as I'm reading what I actually wrote, and miss the mistake. If I reread it days later, then I'll typically catch it.

I no idea you're about.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My awful misspelling is not because I am dumb, but because I can not type. I am spelling in my mind ten times faster than I can type. I also sometimes skip over words.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I no idea you're about.
    697.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My awful misspelling is not because I am dumb, but because I can not type. I am spelling in my mind ten times faster than I can type. I also sometimes skip over words.

In your job, do you pay attention to the details that you are paid to pay attention to? :D

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Having trouble putting the SJW/Progressive/MSM/Entitlement crowd comparison to this gentleman into INGO appropriate language, so I'll just leave this here:

[video=youtube_share;u8uiYELBajc]http://youtu.be/u8uiYELBajc[/video]

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    And not even on the American team. What a respectful man. I don't think he has been caught using any performance enhancing drugs either.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, all the people mad at Bush for Katrina, are now mad at Trump for showing up.

https://www.facebook.com/beingliberal.org/posts/10153906290536275?comment_tracking={"tn":"O"}

Amy Adams It pisses me off that right wingers praise donald for this, at least the President and Clinton had the decency to honor the Governor's request

Like · Reply · 438 · 5 hrs

View previous replies

Remove
    Matthew Hoover I live in Louisiana and I can say I know that his visit is just bull**** PR that is diverting manpower from a disaster so he can get some pictures of himself helping people.

Like · Reply · 215 · 3 hrs

View more replies

Remove
    Don Roberts Reminds of when Paul Ryan went to the homeless shelter to pose for the camera making believe he was washing dishes when they were already washed before he arrived. I could think of a thousand and one things to donate to the LA relief, but play dough? Really? As a parent I absolutely hated for my kids to have play dough. It got stuck into everything...carpet, grooves in the woodwork, unexpected pockets, etc.

Like · Reply · 275 · 5 hrs

22 Replies · 22 mins

Remove
    Martin Evans Trump went to Louisiana for basically two reasons. First, he went for the photo-op to show those interested in voting for him that he "cares" about those affected by the flooding. But the second reason is nefarious. He went because Obama and Clinton, h...See More

Like · Reply · 157 · 4 hrs

13 Replies · 17 mins

Remove
    Carl Kline "Republican businessman Donald J Trump wants to be President, yet he's considered unqualified to be Commander-in-Chief by 50 leading Republicans. He wants to be President, considered to not have Presidential temperament. Wants to be President, U.S....See More

Like · Reply · 140 · 4 hrs

9 Replies · 48 mins

Remove
    Joe Ibarra As for those that think President Obama doesn't care about Louisiana for not going, think again. He has sent the right people that are going to assist them right now. Besides that the governor specifically requested he not shoe up due to that the state would have take first responders out of helping to have protection detail for the president. President Obama doesn't need a photo op.

Like · Reply · 79 · 3 hrs

5 Replies · 27 mins

Remove
    Maggie G'Sell Gonzalez It shows how he would be as POTUS too... Doing whatever the f#%$ he wants to do! All for a photo op. How can so many people fall for his ? He is despicable!
    Food, water, medicine, clothes toiletries... All things a person with common sense would tak...See More

Like · Reply · 45 · 4 hrs

4 Replies · 34 mins

Remove
    Josh Smith Oh come on everybody knows you can't STOP Trump from attention whoring, he's going to get his photo op and Twitter post whether the Governor likes it or not. Have respect? Ha! We all know he only cares about himself.

Like · Reply · 73 · 5 hrs

2 Replies · 2 mins

Remove
    Fran Whitaker Well he showed President Obama and Hillary. Governor asked them not come for two weeks, didn't need all the media attention. Well TRUMPTY Dumpty loads up a truck and goes. Handed out some play doh, handed out few things off truck. Shook some hands walk...See More

Like · Reply · 51 · 4 hrs

7 Replies · 15 mins

Remove
    Lance Chambers Trump being a douche again. Flys in, hands out bits of stuff for 49 (count it) 49 seconds and then pisses off. What an arss-wipe he is.

Like · Reply · 40 · 4 hrs

Remove
    Susan Bienvenu This was theatre. Trump knew that the President was heeding the governor's request to avoid distracting the first responders so Trump took the opportunity to create a spectacle of himself. He knows that the rabble that follows him would praise him for ...See More

Like · Reply · 19 · 3 hrs · Edited

Remove
    Matthew Med Trump is handing out supplies that he donated with his own money. Where's your Hillary? That's right she doesn't care about the American people.

Unlike · Reply · 9 · 2 hrs

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Amazing that the only journalists mentioning Obama's not going are the cartoonists.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom