"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    No. Not at all. "As designed" a hetero couple can conceive, things just aren't working as they are suppose to.

"As designed" the gay/lesbian couple could NEVER conceive.

You cannot separate "as designed" and "supposed to" when all you actually know is the state of infertiillty. Even at a religious angle, to imply they are different is to claim the intent of the designer. If the designer is the genetic code, then the body is, in fact, acting as designed and being infertile as it is "supposed to" at a genetic level. To fix that is what the insurance does even with very, very unnatural levels like invetro.

If that type of infertility is covered, then I can see the argument that the other should be as well.

If the answer to the one that cannot conceive due to a partner's lack of functioning sperm is, "lady, find you a guy with some good sperm" (which is what you are suggesting they tell the lesbians) - then that must also be the answer to the infertile couple where the husband has failing sperm. And is that really the answer you plan to give him?

Seriously, you can make the argument that infertility should not be covered, but you cannot claim "design" vs "working correct" vs "mind control" vs "get another partner" when it comes to infertility and medical insurance.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Eric, I can't believe I figured that one out. Google image search is amazing.

And while searching, I landed on this, which seems seem appropriate here.

Women Against Non-essential Grooming

In other words, they stopped shaving.

Okay. I totally misinterpreted Wang. I guess I'm gonna need to hang out where the millennials do to keep up with slang words that now mean something else.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You cannot separate "as designed" and "supposed to" when all you actually know is the state of infertiillty. Even at a religious angle, to imply they are different is to claim the intent of the designer. If the designer is the genetic code, then the body is, in fact, acting as designed and being infertile as it is "supposed to" at a genetic level. To fix that is what the insurance does even with very, very unnatural levels like invetro.

If that type of infertility is covered, then I can see the argument that the other should be as well.

If the answer to the one that cannot conceive due to a partner's lack of functioning sperm is, "lady, find you a guy with some good sperm" (which is what you are suggesting they tell the lesbians) - then that must also be the answer to the infertile couple where the husband has failing sperm. And is that really the answer you plan to give him?

Seriously, you can make the argument that infertility should not be covered, but you cannot claim "design" vs "working correct" vs "mind control" vs "get another partner" when it comes to infertility and medical insurance.

Yes. You can.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes. You can.

+1

Plus, I can't imagine that the "turkey baster treatment" is all that expensive. Stop trying to get other people (i.e. health insurance) to pay for everything you want. Maybe you also want them to pay all the adoption costs in those cases. When we dealt with infertility we considered it our own burden. (Now we're just saving a bunch off money on birth control).

...Which you all might want your health coverage to pick up that tab for those that worry about it. Because if I extend Techres's logic, I shouldn't have to pay for it because if I was in gay relationship I won't need it because it'd be functioning by design.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Okay. I totally misinterpreted Wang. I guess I'm gonna need to hang out where the millennials do to keep up with slang words that now mean something else.

You need to work on your Wang slang.

Luckily we still have Dong to keep things on the level.

[video=youtube;oXZVogXPAr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZVogXPAr4[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You need to work on your Wang slang.

Luckily we still have Dong to keep things on the level.

[video=youtube;oXZVogXPAr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZVogXPAr4[/video]

You need to keep up. We're all watching a new Dong these days.
    162268-Kimmy-Schmidt-I-Am-Dong-meme-I-MlQd.png

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yes. You can.

+1

Plus, I can't imagine that the "turkey baster treatment" is all that expensive. Stop trying to get other people (i.e. health insurance) to pay for everything you want. Maybe you also want them to pay all the adoption costs in those cases. When we dealt with infertility we considered it our own burden. (Now we're just saving a bunch off money on birth control).

...Which you all might want your health coverage to pick up that tab for those that worry about it. Because if I extend Techres's logic, I shouldn't have to pay for it because if I was in gay relationship I won't need it because it'd be functioning by design.

++1

Unless I completely misunderstand this entire subject (which is always possible). It just sounds to me like they are trying to scam the insurance company.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    ++1

Unless I completely misunderstand this entire subject (which is always possible). It just sounds to me like they are trying to scam the insurance company.

No. You have it exactly right. They are trying to claim payment on a situation that is not in the insurance contract by redefining a key term to fit their desires after the fact. It is fraud.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

Umm wut? Did you really just say that? If you did, then I won't attempt any argument because you can't argue with the insane.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So if I was a single man wanting to procreate, my insurance company would have to pay for a woman for me?

This man is thinking.

But why not two?

:ladiesman:

What if you're a single mormon?

Disclaimer: Not trying to disparage or poke fun at anyone's religion. Just carrying it out to the humorous extreme.

Umm wut? Did you really just say that? If you did, then I won't attempt any argument because you can't argue with the insane.

He not only said it. He said it twice.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Two men can't conceive a child by design .... No matter how furiously the rub their swords together IT JUST DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY..... BY DESIGN.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom