"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    When I lived in Missippi, they were way more integrated there than any other place I've lived in the North. I strongly suspect this guy is overstating things.

i have lived in 8 different states in my life, to include GA, OK and TX. By far the most racist place I've ever lived was....right here in Indiana.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    'Is This a Parody Segment?': Tucker Debates 'Calexit' Supporter Who Calls CA 'Not the US' | Fox News Insider

Check out the look on Carlson's face. He's dumbfounded. This was me watching this 3 times...

"Well, this is California, Tucker. Uh, we're not the United States... Our values are different"

NOT the United states?

They DON'T have American values.

I watched it 3 times before I shared a clip of this yesterday on facebook, but I have to share the whole segment with you good people.

The impact of this cannot be understated. California (and other places) does not consider itself part of the United States. See also: "Not my president."

I was completely bewildered, and staring at the screen in disbelief. If it weren't for the Pacific coast ports I'd say Let them have their freedom. Kick them out of our country, wall them in, and let them fend for themselves. Pretty sure the conservatives in the state would soon fear for their lives and rise up.

This idiot is bragging about having the 5th largest economy in the world, and not realizing that the only reason for this, is that they are, in fact, part of the United States of America. They are counting all those trade goods coming into port bound for all the other states.

I believe in state sovereignty, but they are STILL part of the United States of America.

What do we have to do? Do we invade, and make cali great again? I mean really invade. send troops in to occupy, take over and install a government friendly to (and faithful to) the United States of America? God I hope not, but this has to be the same kind of crap people were saying in southern states around 1859/1860... and we all know how that went.

One true statement he made is that they are exporting theit middle class to the United states as a FIFTH COLUMN to change the existing demographics.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what's INGO's take on the Michelle Carter/Texting suicide situation? Is this a free speech issue? Should she have any blame for what another person did?

I mean, obviously, she's a piece of ****... but should she be punished for this, or is this just a revenge ruling?

BREAKING: Michelle Carter sentenced to at least 15 months in texting suicide case | WKRG

She should be punished. It's pretty undeniable that she played a role in it. I think the length of her sentence should be determined by how intentional it was. Did she want him dead? Was she trying to get into his head to get him to do it himself? If so, I think that's just as much murder as if she paid someone to kill him. If it's to a lesser degree, then less sentence is appropriate.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    She should be punished. It's pretty undeniable that she played a role in it. I think the length of her sentence should be determined by how intentional it was. Did she want him dead? Was she trying to get into his head to get him to do it himself? If so, I think that's just as much murder as if she paid someone to kill him. If it's to a lesser degree, then less sentence is appropriate.

So when does wanting someone to die cross into you being responsible for it? Didn't he, ultimately, make all the decisions leading to his death?

Her taking advantage of his weakness is what I'm seeing. Granted, he may not have done it without her encouragement... it's definitely a new sort of case that I don't think has happened before. Kind of new ground.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    She took advantage of his weakness but she was not the one to start the truck or 'pull the trigger'. If someone who yells that another should die, kidding or not, and subsquently the other person dies, are they responsible? He was sick, he decided to die. She should be the subject of scorn the rest of her life but prison isn't right, IMHO.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    It looks to me like he was severely depressed and suicidal, and instead of trying to get him help, she said "why don't you just go ahead and kill yourself". It doen't sound like she put the idea into his head or coerced him to kill himself. How does she get such harsh punishment when the recent group of teens, in Florida, who watched a man drown did nothing to try and save him, and were not punushed? Instead of calling 911 or offering assistance, they taunted him and laughed at him while filming his death, AND then posted it on facebook.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    She took advantage of his weakness but she was not the one to start the truck or 'pull the trigger'. If someone who yells that another should die, kidding or not, and subsquently the other person dies, are they responsible? He was sick, he decided to die. She should be the subject of scorn the rest of her life but prison isn't right, IMHO.

Agreed, and plenty of scorn for those eyebrows. I saw the sentencing pics and couldn't help but stare at them.

But she is at least an accessory to the act. I think the couple years isn't outrageous.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Agreed, and plenty of scorn for those eyebrows. I saw the sentencing pics and couldn't help but stare at them.

But she is at least an accessory to the act. I think the couple years isn't outrageous.

Compared to the 20 years potential of the case.

People probably won't pay much attention to this situation because it is just a couple years now... not worth the time to argue about. But if she'd gotten 20 years, that'd be a serious problem.

Ooo... so what if John Bain tells someone to "get cancer and die"... and they proceed to do so? How culpable is TotalBiscuit?

Karma is TotalBiscuit getting cancer (he did). Karma would be Michelle Carter becoming depressed and killing herself.

QPhxQ1R.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So when does wanting someone to die cross into you being responsible for it? Didn't he, ultimately, make all the decisions leading to his death?

Her taking advantage of his weakness is what I'm seeing. Granted, he may not have done it without her encouragement... it's definitely a new sort of case that I don't think has happened before. Kind of new ground.

Can I be held liable if I incite a riot? Isn't that an analog? The rioters have control of their actions, they can choose to destroy/harm or not. But if I take advantage of a volatile situation and get a bunch of people to riot, I believe I can be charged. If I'm correct, this seems to a very similar type of situation.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can I be held liable if I incite a riot? Isn't that an analog? The rioters have control of their actions, they can choose to destroy/harm or not. But if I take advantage of a volatile situation and get a bunch of people to riot, I believe I can be charged. If I'm correct, this seems to a very similar type of situation.

Good question. At what number of people does personal responsibility no longer matter? Though this isn't a perfect example. Riot and suicide affect different people.

Person A to Person B: Go riot.
    Person B proceeds to riot.
    I would place no blame on Person A.

Person A to Group B: Go riot.
    Group B proceeds to riot.
    I would place very little blame on Person A.

Person A (influential figure) to Group B: Go riot.
    I would place some blame on Person A.

At the most, Person A would just be charged with whatever is appropriate according to the US code for inciting riot.

I don't think we have a precedent for inciting a suicide.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Good question. At what number of people does personal responsibility no longer matter? Though this isn't a perfect example. Riot and suicide affect different people.

Person A to Person B: Go riot.
    Person B proceeds to riot.
    I would place no blame on Person A.

Person A to Group B: Go riot.
    I would place very little blame on Person A.

Person A (influential figure) to Group B: Go riot.

At the most, Person A would just be charged with whatever is appropriate according to the US code for inciting riot.

I don't think we have a precedent for inciting a suicide.

You very well may be right. I'm not sure the analogy is 100% in phase but it seems to me to reasonable.

If your example is true/acceptable/expected (I tweaked it some for a bit more precision):

Person A (influential figure) to Group B (in a volatile state of mind): Go riot.

Then:

Person A (influential figure) to Person B (in a volatile state of mind): Go kill yourself.
    Person B proceeds to kill him/herself.

Ought to be true as well..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw