"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yet more UK bull****tery. File this one under the "rage" sub-topic of this thread.

UK Judge appears to have ruled out allowing Alfie Evans to go to Rome or Munich for treatment - but asks Alder Hey to consider possibility of letting parents take him home.

What business is it of the UK government to tell a family where they can and can't take their dying baby?

What business is it?
    The people decided to let their government be in charge of healthcare.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yet more UK bull****tery. File this one under the "rage" sub-topic of this thread.

UK Judge appears to have ruled out allowing Alfie Evans to go to Rome or Munich for treatment - but asks Alder Hey to consider possibility of letting parents take him home.

What business is it of the UK government to tell a family where they can and can't take their dying baby?

The risk of having someone else pay your way...they get to tell you how live -- or in Alfie's case, die.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

This has been going on for a while. In the casebook I teach Medical/Bio-ethics from, there is a British case very similar to this that is at least a decade old (because the book is about 5 years old).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

PSA from the Babylon Bee:
    Prime Minister Issues Friendly Reminder To UK Parents That The State Owns Their Children

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I remember a periodic table test in 7th grade. The teacher had a collection of tables, but only one Mendeleev one. She got tired taping over all her tables and said "If you know this one, you deserve the grade", so a little Русский алфавит and having studied the layout scored me a 100. That and having memorized the table up to Lawrencium. Telling time, though...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OPVb6PX.jpg

There has to be someone they can sue over this for discrimination.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

It get's better. Speak out, and it's hate speech.
    https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/u...ut-against-terrible-treatment-of-alfie-evans/
    UK Police Warn People Not to Speak Out Against Terrible Treatment of Alfie Evans

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Remember that story about students being suspended because of photos at the gun range?

Turns out it was likely fake.

ANJRPC executive director Scott Bach said:
    “Schools do not have the authority to chill the rights of their students off of school grounds, and this blatant infringement of constitutional rights will not be tolerated," Bach added. "I don't care if no students were disciplined. The policy has got to go."

The school also denied that any students were suspended. So it was a fake story to drum up outrage over the school policy. But it was fun seeing INGO drool all over it like it actually happened as reported by a single facebook post.

This is why I urge skepticism with these outrageous claims.

"But but but the policy!..." Doesn't matter. It's a bad policy and it does need changed... doesn't excuse the fake accusation.

(this quote is from the Fox News article on the situation. Even they were careful to use responsible language like "alleged")

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I’m inclined to have the same take as you on this. I saw that video tweeted from someone on the left who sort of framed it as the cops getting p’wnd by port authority commissioner.

As I watched the video I thought, uh, not so much. She seems pissed that her authority isn’t giving her special privileges.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Remember that story about students being suspended because of photos at the gun range?

Turns out it was likely fake.

The school also denied that any students were suspended. So it was a fake story to drum up outrage over the school policy. But it was fun seeing INGO drool all over it like it actually happened as reported by a single facebook post.

This is why I urge skepticism with these outrageous claims.

"But but but the policy!..." Doesn't matter. It's a bad policy and it does need changed... doesn't excuse the fake accusation.

(this quote is from the Fox News article on the situation. Even they were careful to use responsible language like "alleged")

:whistle:

Superintendent claims that the suspensions were not related to the policy we've all been talking about. However they changed the policy.

Let's be clear- the Superintendent CAN NOT- no ambiguity, he cannot state why the kids were suspended under federal educational privacy law. The kids and their families, on the other hand, can say whatever they want and I assume that they are giving an honest account of what they think is behind this...though I would prefer to see the paperwork, not the allegations. Even if the school thinks what the family is putting out there is inaccurate, the school cannot respond with what it claims the suspension was for...if indeed, it was for something different.

The Superintendent got about as close as he could by stating what the suspension was not for which was the "no firearm" policy.

Clearly, it was a illegal, overbroad policy that needed to be changed. Whether this incident just brought that to light or whether it was actually at the center of the suspensions...I'm still waiting to see. As unsatisfying as it may be, it may never be publicly known unless the families choose to make the actual paperwork public.

As a conservative, I hate to admit it, but it’s true. It happens a lot on all sides. If we are predisposed to believe it, no need for verification. My point is that it may be as originally reported, but it may not be. We have no way of knowing at this point. With that being the case, we should dial back the vitriol until there are more facts.

Well now I'm confused- was it a suspension, in-school suspension or detention?

...and the general public has no right to know what went on with particular student's discipline.

The students and their people, however, can release whatever information they have. It would be very interesting to see the letter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom