"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There a not a point of no return. However the further down the rabbit hole you get, the harder it is to get out alive, unfortunately. (My furtive/obscure movement is less likely to get me shot at the beginning of the interaction then later after I have repeatedly done things to make life harder for all)

Yeah, and that's why I can't really fret too much about this one. The perp definitely could (and I wish, should) have did things differently. There are some police interactions where I think the perp deserved everything they got. This one, though... I just wish it had wound up differently. He was too young. Lot of life ahead to maybe change and live differently.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OR next time he illegally enters someone’s home, with just a bunch of kids in it, he puts that weapon to their throats.

I guess we’ll never know.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    You have a lot more people these days that behave or react irrationally, whether because of drugs, gangs, or whatever. There's no way to account for all of those beforehand, and between those and the political mudpit the cops are up to their knees in, I don't know how some can go out every day.

Now, I can be patient, but telling this clown 25 times to show me both hands will start to get on my last nerve. Even when he clears one he feels some need to do something weird with the other one. If I'm dealing with a mastermind like that, I'll guide him through, but step one is both hands clear and they stay that way. I think the shooting could have been avoided; maybe a nice "stop resisting" as I grind his face on the concrete with my knee, too subtle to show on video. (I'm not a cop...)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It shows up on mine, but there's several seconds delay, during which we can point at Shannon and laugh.

When I went to the article straight from a search engine, it showed.

No finger on the trigger
    Pointed safe direction

These people'd have a heart attack about when my roommate's sister came over with her new boyfriend over, and we had a dozen guns on a tarp with 2 disassembled, cause we just happened to be cleaning them.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

Just saw that a little while ago. Here's the Bedford TM version (pretty much the same as yours).

https://www.tmnews.com/shared/free-...gn=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Update. talked with a coworker whose sister in law was sitting next to the guy when he got shot. His wife got the "OMG this just happened and we are waiting on the police and ambulance" call.

Unknown .45 in a shoulder holster, guy thought safety was engaged.
    .45 hollow point in the back of the head at about 4 ft
    Shooter had gun out several times that night playing with it.
    Shooter drew and pointed gun into woods because he heard a noise, other campers in the area.

My buddy has been working on his wife to get her to come shooting and let him get a gun then this happens.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Update. talked with a coworker whose sister in law was sitting next to the guy when he got shot. His wife got the "OMG this just happened and we are waiting on the police and ambulance" call.

Unknown .45 in a shoulder holster, guy thought safety was engaged.
    .45 hollow point in the back of the head at about 4 ft
    Shooter had gun out several times that night playing with it.
    Shooter drew and pointed gun into woods because he heard a noise, other campers in the area.

My buddy has been working on his wife to get her to come shooting and let him get a gun then this happens.

Oh my. Foolish behavior + holster that can pull a trigger when the gun is inserted = deadly combination.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    IBKF:
    Eet ain't Low Ded.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yet more UK bull****tery. File this one under the "rage" sub-topic of this thread.

UK Judge appears to have ruled out allowing Alfie Evans to go to Rome or Munich for treatment - but asks Alder Hey to consider possibility of letting parents take him home.

What business is it of the UK government to tell a family where they can and can't take their dying baby?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom