"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “Retruamatized”

That’s actually a word they said in that article. At the risk of sounding “boomer”. This generation is a bunch of pansy ass *******. Photos of a speaking event “retraumatized” students, for which the paper is very sorry. :rolleyes:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Dan Crenshaw Threatens ‘America First’ Students at Campus Event: You are ‘Being Filmed’ and ‘You’re Going to Regret This’

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/dan-c...-being-filmed-and-youre-going-to-regret-this/

I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but sometimes he hits the nail on the head. In any case, this wasn't a threat. I think here he was simply doing that thing where you say...

"I'm glad I grew up in an age where the stupid crap I did wasn't filmed so nobody can prove how stupid I was back then."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I watch way too much TV since I cannot work anymore.

A very high percentage of the commercials that are not lawyer commercials have either same sex or interracial couples in them.

I don't care, either way about who you are with. Just don't shove it in my face all day long.

I get the thing about same sex couples. It is far over-represented on TV to give the impression that it’s the norm. It’s not. It’s like 5-7% of the population. Heterosexual couples are the norm, and it’s not wrong to represent that way. LGBT people claim thst it’s not a choice, they’re born that way. Okay fine. So them let’s not be unrealistic about how we represent the proportionality of it. I say, so what if people are attracted to same sex. But don’t pretend like it’s far more people than it is.

But what’s wrong with interracial couples? That is purely a matter of choice. Race is nothing but heritage. There is not much much more difference in DNA between races as there is between people with or without freckles. We don’t mind if they intermarry. Race is biologically insignificant. That races should avoid “intermingling” is a social construct. Culture is an important factor in deciding who to marry. Long term, culture can be stronger than love. But seeing interracial couples on TV isn’t throwing anything in my face.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Northwestern U. newspaper publishes apology for writing about local news...

Addressing The Daily’s coverage of Sessions protests

75189010_2413965102185302_3082461881894436864_n.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    “Retruamatized”

That’s actually a word they said in that article. At the risk of sounding “boomer”. This generation is a bunch of pansy ass *******. Photos of a speaking event “retraumatized” students, for which the paper is very sorry. :rolleyes:

Speaking of boomer.

Tried a Monster Energy Drink yesterday. Only had a slight tinge of ****-taste to it.

After drinking it, my phone icons seemed a bit too small... and my car nav tried guiding me to something called a discotheque.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I get the thing about same sex couples. It is far over-represented on TV to give the impression that it’s the norm. It’s not. It’s like 5-7% of the population. Heterosexual couples are the norm, and it’s not wrong to represent that way. LGBT people claim thst it’s not a choice, they’re born that way. Okay fine. So them let’s not be unrealistic about how we represent the proportionality of it. I say, so what if people are attracted to same sex. But don’t pretend like it’s far more people than it is.

But what’s wrong with interracial couples? That is purely a matter of choice. Race is nothing but heritage. There is not much much more difference in DNA between races as there is between people with or without freckles. We don’t mind if they intermarry. Race is biologically insignificant. That races should avoid “intermingling” is a social construct. Culture is an important factor in deciding who to marry. Long term, culture can be stronger than love. But seeing interracial couples on TV isn’t throwing anything in my face.

This is spot on, and has bothered me for a long time. It seriously takes away from the show, as almost every story line becomes a gay rights issue. For a group that is only 5% of the population, they are not only represented in every show that has over 4 or 5 main characters, but those characters are always embroiled in a gay rights issue that has them being the target of anti-gay attacks. You can't just have the love story, or the adventure story, or the revenge story...

It's not just TV shows either. It's major motion pictures, the news, internet... every media outlet you can think of is being used to change, and control your behavior into what they want...

They don't care about the cause, they only care about training you to respond to being obedient to electronic media so you can be controlled by remote at the push of a button.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As to interracial couples, I couldn't care less (as I said).

You said that Hetero sexual couples are the norm. Why? Because they far outnumber SS couples?

By that same standard, wouldn't that make couples that are not interracial "the norm"?

All I was pointing out is that interracial couples are over represented in the media. (As I said)

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I thought Mitch Daniels shut down the state mental institutions in Indiana. :dunno:

Actually, I think it started under Birch Evans Bayh, III, when he closed Central State Hospital. From the Wikipedia article:

These modern buildings and the medical staff therein continued to serve the state's mentally ill until allegations of patient abuse and funding troubles sparked an effort to forge new alternatives to institutionalization which, in turn, led to the hospital's closure in 1994.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    The lefties say that Thanksgiving dinner has too much of an environmental impact...

Thankfully, they can kiss my butt.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/than...Fuvfc2ItLp-pbUQqP0mA_-ud4NAsViDzlkqYUrz7fIa7x

Almost everything we do that utilizes the benefits of our modern standard of living has an environmental impact.

These seem like the kind of pansies who want us to, in effect, return to a rustic agrarian living. Except for them, of course.

I concur: they can kiss my butt.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The article about what Crenshaw said about the people that were asking questions was why I posted the article.

He then called out audience members wearing “Make America Great Again” hats to the event, accusing them of being hatemongers without evidence.

“This is the alt right 2.0 because the alt right has been discredited so what they do is they try to cloak themselves in some sort of logical nationalism, some kind of MAGA-hat-wearing ‘America First’ type rhetoric which a lot of conservatives agree with, and then they use that to cloak their anti-Semitic leanings and their racist leanings, and it’s pretty gross,”

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom