"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You have certainly seen an uptick is the media portraying conservatives as antisemitic.

If you believe it that is on you.

When he accused them of antisemitism, they expressed support for Israel.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You have certainly seen an uptick is the media portraying conservatives as antisemitic.

If you believe it that is on you.

When he accused them of antisemitism, they expressed support for Israel.

No, I mean actual right-leaning people saying anti-Semitic things. It's real. When I call them on it, they typically call themselves "nationalists". There are many flavors of right-wing. These want the destruction of Israel. They also tend to repeat silly 13/50 memes as truth.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So this is anecdotal?

I have only met one antisemitic person in my life.

I guess it's probably a result of being on the internet. I was in a group earlier this year that was sort of part of an uprise of the counter-culture movement, anti-media, anti-SJW, and found a platform in the past couple years. Among the 30-40 regular political participants, I labeled maybe 15 or so as being actual anti-Semites. They usually tried to casually insert it into conversation, with others being pretty loud about it. Couple were hard-left, but 90% of the community was right-leaning.

I'm not trying to admonish anyone here. Just saying that I'm seeing more anti-Semitism openly on the Internet than I used to. Not just from the Tlaibs and Omars of the world.

But yes, this is the Internet, and people feel far more comfortable to say how they feel on the internet than in real life when it comes to Jews... same as race, sexuality, etc.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is one of those examples where ideology muddled things. It wasn’t a threat. It was a prediction. Like “if you lick a frozen pole, you will probably regret it” isn’t a threat, it’s a prediction.

You need to look at the man more closely. He is very ambitious and nothing he does is unscripted

Trump embodies Trumpism. Crenshaw wants to assume the mantle of Trumpism and bend it to his own purpose. One causes me far more concern than the other

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I guess it's probably a result of being on the internet. I was in a group earlier this year that was sort of part of an uprise of the counter-culture movement, anti-media, anti-SJW, and found a platform in the past couple years. Among the 30-40 regular political participants, I labeled maybe 15 or so as being actual anti-Semites. They usually tried to casually insert it into conversation, with others being pretty loud about it. Couple were hard-left, but 90% of the community was right-leaning.

I'm not trying to admonish anyone here. Just saying that I'm seeing more anti-Semitism openly on the Internet than I used to. Not just from the Tlaibs and Omars of the world.

But yes, this is the Internet, and people feel far more comfortable to say how they feel on the internet than in real life when it comes to Jews... same as race, sexuality, etc.

Well I only know of one on this site that seems to feel that way and I very seldom read their posts.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Speaking of boomer.

Tried a Monster Energy Drink yesterday. Only had a slight tinge of ****-taste to it.

After drinking it, my phone icons seemed a bit too small... and my car nav tried guiding me to something called a discotheque.

Monster and red bull is disgusting.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I suppose we all gave them the right to bypass HIPPA in our last EULA agreement.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I suppose we all gave them the right to bypass HIPPA in our last EULA agreement.

All they need is a valid "Business Associate" agreement between the provider and Google and the provider can transfer the information to Google, but then Google has to maintain the information under HIPAA standards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom