"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    "Electrocution" refers to one of the other provisions, that I did not include.

However, I have to agree on the desirability of an electric toilet. :):

Hey I saw a nice electric toilet, it warmed the seat, would automatically raise/lower the lid, had "night lights", uv anti-bacterial lights, etc. But I wouldn't pay the price for the dang thing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wd4yeiOlbQ

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MarkC again.

So the question remains, is fishing with a TA-312/pt field telephone legal or not?

In your own fish tank, sure. In a privately owned pond, possibly. "Public waters", no. But you won't get hit with animal cruelty charges unless you hit a turtle or muskrat...

It's only legal in public waters if you have a Scientific Purposes License or are operating under someone that does. Most won't meet the specific criteria for the license though so, the answer is essentially no. Private pond? Go ahead and knock yourself out, (Pro Tip: you'll probably want to wear waders so that you don't actually knock yourself out:):). I've never seen a turtle demonstrate much of a reaction to electricity, at least at fairly low level. Muskrats on the other hand.... ;)

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    It's only legal in public waters if you have a Scientific Purposes License or are operating under someone that does. Most won't meet the specific criteria for the license though so, the answer is essentially no. Private pond? Go ahead and knock yourself out, (Pro Tip: you'll probably want to wear waders so that you don't actually knock yourself out:):). I've never seen a turtle demonstrate much of a reaction to electricity, at least at fairly low level. Muskrats on the other hand.... ;)

Beat me to the answer.... I was going to point out fishing with electricity is regulated in a different section of the Indiana Code (Title 14, hunting and fishing regulations, somewhere in Title 14, I don't really know, I wasn't that kind of a cop...)

AND.... TA-312! I hadn't thought about one of those for a while! My first exposure was when I was a kid and my dad used one to....
    (maybe that explains a lot?)

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    It shouldn't be at a Federal level. That is overreach above and beyond the powers granted to the Federal government, which means it should be at the state level.

But on the other hand I feel the states should be pretty consistent from state to state and there is nothing that drives that. So maybe a guideline at the Federal level as a suggestion?

Again, issues of federal overreach. SCOTUS has determined that Congress cannot order a sovereign state legislature to pass a law, but they can sure hold the purse strings if we, as a state, don't do what our betters determine is good for us.

Happens a bunch in child support and traffic safety, and many other areas. You might recall that states used to have different drinking ages until the mid-80's, when traffic safety funding was tied to raising the drinking age to at least 21.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Beat me to the answer.... I was going to point out fishing with electricity is regulated in a different section of the Indiana Code (Title 14, hunting and fishing regulations, somewhere in Title 14, I don't really know, I wasn't that kind of a cop...)

AND.... TA-312! I hadn't thought about one of those for a while! My first exposure was when I was a kid and my dad used one to....

Same here. We can't fish with electricity, or hand grenades either for that matter. The fishing regulations booklet for 2019 has 92 pages.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

When I was in the Infantry the radio repairman rigged on up to the door knob on ate Commo Shop.

On Bold Eagle 74, at Camp Lejeune SC, one provided us with a fish dinner.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    My concern about where the animal cruelty issue is concerned is where it goes after the fact. While I do not condone in any way cruelty to anyones pets, I wonder if this will turn into something way beyond the protection of pets.
    This could lead to the shut down of dairy farms because those cows never consented to being forcibly milked, it could cause massive poultry farms to be shut down, what happens to commercial fishing and sport fishing because all those fish are being abused.
    What happens to research laboratories whose use lab rats or monkeys for medical research... those PETA people will be filing federal lawsuits and trying to stop all of the above.
    These are just some of the questions causing me to wonder if at some point we will all be pushed into becoming vegans.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    0w1ft96viov31.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You can not say for sure it was murder, it could have been suicide. Plenty of women weigh themselves down with concrete blocks then go swimming in lakes.

https://www.wizmnews.com/2019/10/29/pathologist-disagrees-with-murder-theory-in-sackett-trial/

A member of the Fishers PD dive team told me a story of a guy a few years ago that filled a back pack full of barbell plates, tied it all to his body and did a header off a bridge into Geist Reservoir. It does happen.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

A truck driver was driving along on the freeway. A sign comes up that reads "low bridge ahead." Before he knows it the bridge is right ahead of him and he gets stuck under the bridge.
    Cars are backed up for miles.
    Finally, a police car comes up. The cop gets out of his car and walks around to the truck driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, "Got stuck, huh?"
    The truck driver says, "No, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas."

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I admit it. I am a bad guy. When I grew up we had chickens, one a big rooster named Lucifer. Our neighbors had chickens too. One day their little wuss bantam rooster flew into our pen, whereupon Lucifer beat the **** out of him before he flew back over the fence.

I just sat and watched.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You'll need one of these too.
    1488243708_51_1135_1.jpg

2Q==

I had a friend in NC that raised and sold roosters. I have never been to a cock fight, dog fight or witnessed any other type animal abuse.

Last edited:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    But the defense is raising the issue of suicide.

I don't understand the facepalm aspect of this story.

No vehicle around, the young lady would have had to carry 66 pounds of chain and block several miles and only get a small bruise on her arm. To me suicide seems a bit of a stretch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom