"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Usually, someone invests in a product, and gets a kick of the initial profits.
    I guess now people will donate for free.

Not quite how Kickstarter works for a simple thing like a doll. Its literally no different than pre-ordering a vanity AR lower for something like this. (more complex things some of the up front investment goes toward ironing out tech glitches, but this is more straightforward)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you pre-order, you get it when they make it.
    Kickstarter, I don't think that's the case.

That is exactly the case. I've participated in them. For simple stuff like this, Kickstarter just lets them get the money they need up front to pay the factory to produce it. And Kickstarter is the platform to spread the word far and wide so they can actually find the people who want one. (kickstarter inc gets a cut of course)

Edit: The difference is unlike a preorder with a set window (they will make as many as we order... like a group buy) a kickstarter like this doesnt go live until they hit a threshold of x units required to fire up the machines.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I would like to see a skit with her doll resembling "The Mr Bill Show".
    Starting with - "What is a Garbage Disposal?"

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Crossing guard relieved of duty, guns seized

https://www.mvtimes.com/2019/10/11/crossing-guard-relieved-duty-guns-seized/

A waitress misunderstood a conversation and immediately the Police Red Flag the guy without even going to the courts?

A Tisbury School crossing guard has been relieved of duty and had his personal firearms confiscated for alleged threats to the Tisbury School overheard by a waitress at Linda Jean’s restaurant in Oak Bluffs.

The police arrest a guy they have known for decades on a complaint of a waitress over a conversation at "the counter" in public?

Stephen Nichols, 84, of Tisbury, who said his career with the Tisbury Police spanned six decades and who served in the United States Army during the Korean War, told The Times he made no threats to the school, but had criticized its school resource officer in a conversation with a friend. He said the conversation was taken out of context.

The police chief is an IDIOT!

“He came up and told me what I said was a felony but he wasn’t going to charge me,” Nichols said of Saloio.

RED FLAG LAWS, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Before someone calls me out and says red flag laws were not even mentioned, I understand that this is just a matter of a threat being reported by someone that overheard and misunderstood a conversation.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Wow! There is a dumb-**** waitress, a dumb-**** police chief, a semi-dumb-**** resource officer and a semi-dumb-**** town administrator and the only person that gets hurt by this is the old veteran. What a cluster****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Crossing guard relieved of duty, guns seized

https://www.mvtimes.com/2019/10/11/crossing-guard-relieved-duty-guns-seized/

A waitress misunderstood a conversation and immediately the Police Red Flag the guy without even going to the courts?

The police arrest a guy they have known for decades on a complaint of a waitress over a conversation at "the counter" in public?

The police chief is an IDIOT!

RED FLAG LAWS, WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Before someone calls me out and says red flag laws were not even mentioned, I understand that this is just a matter of a threat being reported by someone that overheard and misunderstood a conversation.

His problem? He uttered the words "shoot up the school" in any context. Let's all it "emotionally ungrounded" people can go ape**** when you utter scary words. Context doesn't matter to them. It's bad in any context. You never know when emotionally ungrounded idiots lurk near, on edge, just waiting to hear scary words.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The AOC action figure need some custom feature for the v2.0 release:

• Mouth enlarged to match life-size proportions.
    • Action Crazy Eyes (that bug outward when you press a button).
    • Transparent window on top of head to easily view the lifelike empty space inside of the plastic head.
    • Automatic knee-jerking action to help her respond immediately to all situations based on her socio-political bias before facts and logic can possibly interfere.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    His problem? He uttered the words "shoot up the school" in any context. Let's all it "emotionally ungrounded" people can go ape**** when you utter scary words. Context doesn't matter to them. It's bad in any context. You never know when emotionally ungrounded idiots lurk near, on edge, just waiting to hear scary words.

You always see the silver lining and tell us how we are wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom