"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This dude that just shot up a federal building in Dallas

Looking like a tacticool dweeb

D9RwmLMX4AApa0a.jpg:small

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This dude that just shot up a federal building in Dallas

Looking like a tacticool dweeb

D9RwmLMX4AApa0a.jpg:small

$20 says that black LBV or possibly even a PFD? :): will get reported as a bulletproof vest. (last count I had body armor typically didnt zip up the center of the chest, which this appears to.)

EDIT: Nailed it! Found this after I posted.

"Dallas Morning News photographer Tom Fox was at the courthouse to cover a trial when he said he saw a man come up to the door of the federal building and shoot at it. He saw the man carrying what appeared to be a semi-automatic rifle and that he was wearing body armor."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    $20 says that black LBV or possibly even a PFD? :): will get reported as a bulletproof vest. (last count I had body armor typically didnt zip up the center of the chest, which this appears to.)

EDIT: Nailed it! Found this after I posted.

"Dallas Morning News photographer Tom Fox was at the courthouse to cover a trial when he said he saw a man come up to the door of the federal building and shoot at it. He saw the man carrying what appeared to be a semi-automatic rifle and that he was wearing body armor."

Looks like it may have been armor. What looks like a zipper in that low res photo is actually a strap.

These memes are awesome.

https://www.facebook.com/MokasRaifus/photos/pcb.831674497216282/831674177216314/?type=3&theater
    (language warning)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I started to listen to a book about faulty forensics yesterday, the cadaver king and the country dentist. Supposedly a true story.

In the third forward, one of the authors stated that during the nineties "George Bush" called young blacks Super Predators.

I returned the book at that point.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Baby living with one of the grandparents?
    Does the dad (boyfriend/babydaddy) not have a job?
    WTF is wrong with people these days?

I'll give him credit for getting the kid out of danger though...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...by choice or necessity.

I'm going to have to have it explained to me what the difference is. I would imagine it is ALWAYS choices that cause necessity.

And think about this- these are the people who raised the person who made the choices that caused this necessity....oof.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I guess this is as good a place as any to drop this. I'm sitting at the Honda dealer in Bloomington getting some minor details taken care of on my car, and I'm sitting in the waiting area with a lady and her two young boys. In the twenty minutes we have been in the same room, the youngest boy has twice walked away from his mom when she told him to come here, he's slapped her hand when she reached for him, and he's belted out one, "I hate you". This is just my humble opinion, but ass beatings should rain down on this kid like a storm. To his credit, the oldest boy seems relatively well behaved.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm told this is super common these days... grandparents taking care of the grandkids. Don't know if it's by choice or necessity.

To me, it seems to be a few different factors.
    Drugs.
    Or parents enabling children that take crappy jobs, and not try to do better. After all, Mom/Dad will take care of them.

A coworker that retired a few years ago had a daughter that was murdered by her boyfriend/husband (I don't remember which).
    The boyfriend/husband actually turned himself in and confessed.
    The coworker got his grandkids, 2 of them. Both of them witnessed the murder. I think it was with a knife. The youngest was too young to understand. The older one though needed to see a shrink.
    He (coworker) had to get them on his insurance (he was in his last couple years before retirement), and had to go to court, because the other grandparents wanted the kids. Coworker basically argued that they didn't have a good track record on raising non-murderers.

So, him raising grandkids was more of a necessity thing.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I guess this is as good a place as any to drop this. I'm sitting at the Honda dealer in Bloomington getting some minor details taken care of on my car, and I'm sitting in the waiting area with a lady and her two young boys. In the twenty minutes we have been in the same room, the youngest boy has twice walked away from his mom when she told him to come here, he's slapped her hand when she reached for him, and he's belted out one, "I hate you". This is just my humble opinion, but ass beatings should rain down on this kid like a storm. To his credit, the oldest boy seems relatively well behaved.

I've seen enough wild kids that when I see well behaved kids, I complement the parents. I figure they always hear the bad things. So it would be nice to hear good things.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm going to have to have it explained to me what the difference is. I would imagine it is ALWAYS choices that cause necessity.

And think about this- these are the people who raised the person who made the choices that caused this necessity....oof.

I was thinking more along the lines of... super-clingy grandparents that don't want the kids to leave the house, so they keep enabling them and raising the grandkids. Or necessity, in that the parents are irresponsible, or unwilling to raise their own kids, so the grandparents pick up the slack.

I guess the difference is a bit blurry..

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was thinking more along the lines of... super-clingy grandparents that don't want the kids to leave the house, so they keep enabling them and raising the grandkids. Or necessity, in that the parents are irresponsible, or unwilling to raise their own kids, so the grandparents pick up the slack.

I guess the difference is a bit blurry..

I'm sure that there are every permutation of reasons we could imagine....and most are outliers.

When grandparents are raising the kids with little to no parental involvement, I would bet that the overwhelming majority are doing it because their kids mad a hash of their own lives and this was the best thing for the kids.

...and the "best thing" is still far from optimal.

The whole "clingy" thing? Maybe, but I don't see it. People are supposed to be married before they have kids and are supposed to be independent of their parents when they get married. Do it that way and I'm pretty sure these aren't the people we are talking about.

Judgmental? Sure. When it comes to not subjecting kids to bad situations, I get judgmental....but hey, I didn't come up with these ideas.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    There are two couples on my street raising grandchildren. It is a result of their own children being worthless.

My cousin is raising her daughters kid who is also well on her way to being worthless. In every instance the kids make many bad decisions when they are teens and instead of reversing course, they double down on the lifestyle that got them in trouble in the first place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom