"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Vice.

D9cg-ZPXkAEclqD.png:small

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There are two couples on my street raising grandchildren. It is a result of their own children being worthless.

My cousin is raising her daughters kid who is also well on her way to being worthless. In every instance the kids make many bad decisions when they are teens and instead of reversing course, they double down on the lifestyle that got them in trouble in the first place.

I suppose that one benefit of me not having children is that I will never have to raise my grandchildren because their parents failed to fulfill their responsibility.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've seen enough wild kids that when I see well behaved kids, I complement the parents. I figure they always here the bad things. So it would be nice to hear good things.

Thing is, some kids just have better temperaments than others. If you see a well behaved kid, it could be because of parental guidance or despite it. I know a woman with two daughters. One is well-behaved, respectful, conscientious, gets good grades. The other is a contentious brat who is the behavioral opposite. Single permissive mom. Neither kid has any discipline. And of course it’s obvious enough to the “bad” daughter that the “good” daughter is the favorite.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm sure that there are every permutation of reasons we could imagine....and most are outliers.

When grandparents are raising the kids with little to no parental involvement, I would bet that the overwhelming majority are doing it because their kids mad a hash of their own lives and this was the best thing for the kids.

...and the "best thing" is still far from optimal.

The whole "clingy" thing? Maybe, but I don't see it. People are supposed to be married before they have kids and are supposed to be independent of their parents when they get married. Do it that way and I'm pretty sure these aren't the people we are talking about.

Judgmental? Sure. When it comes to not subjecting kids to bad situations, I get judgmental....but hey, I didn't come up with these ideas.

You are 100% correct. Period. Full stop.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thing is, some kids just have better temperaments than others. If you see a well behaved kid, it could be because of parental guidance or despite it. I know a woman with two daughters. One is well-behaved, respectful, conscientious, gets good grades. The other is a contentious brat who is the behavioral opposite. Single permissive mom. Neither kid has any discipline. And of course it’s obvious enough to the “bad” daughter that the “good” daughter is the favorite.

Yes there are good kids from bad parents.
    And there are bad kids from good parents.

One of my best bosses at work was murdered by his own father.
    It was recorded when the boss called his sister, and it went to voice mail.
    Guys at the mill that worked with the father, said he was always a belligerent *******.
    The son, was always calm, cool, and collected. Probably because he didn't want to be his father.
    Sometimes when I was pissed off at work, he would calm me down. Made me want to be calm, cool, and collected.

I hope the father has a rough time in jail.
    I wish if he ever leaves the jail, someone would give him a lead injection, possibly from 400 yards.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I worked 12 years in school libraries, and as a result, was familiar with a lot of sibling groups. These would be kids that by definition are being raised by the same parents, and they were pretty much NEVER alike. I saw a lot more similarities between kids that were the oldest, or youngest, or the only child, from different families than there were between siblings.

I met great people that had horrible kids, horrible parents that had great kids, and siblings that couldn't possibly be any different if they had been raised on different planets.

Generally speaking, decent people would raise decent kids, and crappy people would raise crappy kids, but the outliers are far more common than most people would like to believe.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My brother and sister have had very different life paths even though they were raised by the same parents. They were raised by our father, and their mother. My brother is successful, married, two kids. My sister, never married, two kids with different fathers, didn't finish high school, did get her GED. She has lived with Dad and her mother a good portion of her kids lives. Our father's death effected her oldest quite a bit, as he was close to Dad.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    FWIW, I think the group studying and developing the reparation plans would turn into a total **** show that would be hilarious to watch as the various "oppressed" groups fought with each other for their place in the hierarchy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom