"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    On its face, terrible....but i get the sense that there's more to this.

There certainly is: bullying, libel/slander, male-bashing, special education teacher attacking a special education student. Whatever real problems this kid has, attacking him at an award ceremony wasn't the proper answer.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There certainly is: bullying, libel/slander, male-bashing, special education teacher attacking a special education student. Whatever real problems this kid has, attacking him at an award ceremony wasn't the proper answer.

C'mon, you weren't there, were you? Whenever a "no one could possibly think this was a good idea" moment happens, there is usually a reason they thought it was. Granted, this was a dumb thing to do, but I'm betting this was an "private joke" between teacher and student that should have stayed private.

never-attribute-to-malice-that-which-can-be-adequately-explained-by-stupidity-quote-1.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

C'mon, you weren't there, were you? Whenever a "no one could possibly think this was a good idea" moment happens, there is usually a reason they thought it was. Granted, this was a dumb thing to do, but I'm betting this was an "private joke" between teacher and student that should have stayed private.

Yeah. There are things my teachers said to me that, written on paper without context, would look pretty bad for them. But I was capable of having sarcastic and humorous back-and-forths with them.

So... taken as a simple headline... nah, it sounds like a poor decision... but definitely could be more to it than a reader is going to understand.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Oh I fully expect the teacher to claim it was a joke. Hasn't that become the norm among some people when confronted about their toxic and unprofessional behavior? The family certainly didn't think it was a joke and there is no reason for them to. Doing this in a semi-public format was a ****ty thing to do to anyone.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What other awards were handed out? that would provide some context.

Perhaps the kids has been wearing this as a badge, i.e. somewhat proud of being annoying.

Still, the teacher sounds like an idiot, but that's not uncommon going off of what my wife tells me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So.. this may not be "are you kidding me" on a level that INGO cares about, but.. on a personal level..

At the end of the work day, the day shift guy "lectures" me that the boss had him go on a job, because I YELLED at the boss and asked him (the boss) how I was supposed to fix a PA (public address) without any parts.
    So the boss assigned him (dayshift guy) to go look at the PA.
    The call was, when you picked up it's handset, you could barely hear on the Party Line.
    And that it wouldn't hang up. So that all the noise in the area was being transmitted on the Party Line.
    He spent 2 hours on the call.
    Complained that it was a special model, not our regular one. He was right.
    He tried different things.
    After 2 hours, the Party Line still received "weak", and it still wouldn't hang up.
    He mentioned that we should rip the whole station out, and replace it with one of the regular PAs.
    I told him, sure. Great. Good idea. We don't have any of the regulars either. Or microphones, or earpieces.
    He told me to look on top of the parts lockers.
    I told him to show me. There were NONE. I told him, that I told him that weekend I installed the only new one we had, and all the old ones were trash.
    Get me one, and I'll rip everything out, rewire it, and install it.

So, I bit my tongue, it was time to go, and I didn't feel like arguing.
    But when I got to the wash house to change clothes, I asked my trainee, "What do you think about his complaint?"
    I wanted to see if someone else thought the same thing about it.
    He told me that it looked like I got yelled at for leaving someone a job, because I said we didn't have the parts to fix it.
    And that the senior guy took 2 hours to find out we didn't have the parts to fix it.
    But somehow, it must still be my fault, because the day shift guy got assigned to it, even though he didn't accomplish anything.

Gotta love work.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    What other awards were handed out? that would provide some context.

Perhaps the kids has been wearing this as a badge, i.e. somewhat proud of being annoying.

Still, the teacher sounds like an idiot, but that's not uncommon going off of what my wife tells me.

This probably one of those situations that you had to be there to know the context of the comments. Still sounds unprofessional.

I have the In School Suspension class at a High School. Right down the hall is our Spec Ed class, I have subbed in there several times. I have to say these are my favorite students. They are hilarious, fun loving and there is no deceit in them. They all high five me in the hallway and share a joke or simple word play. You see them helping each other go up/down the stairs and celebrating accomplishments. They come to my room everyday to say hi, I keep some treats for them too. Most joke with me on different levels, they get a kick out of it when my wife who teaches History/Government comes in and tells them I misbehave at home.

They are all over the spectrum for disabilities. Most have problems processing and reacting to emotions. Often I will get one in my room that is upset or having a bad day, I keep it quiet in there without distractions. It is a challenge to get them back on track. They don't choose to be a problem, they can't help it and know it in most cases. The boys always like it when I ride my motorcycle.

Overall they are my fun part of the day.

Don

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have had the god fortune of having worked with a lot of good contractors and builders that respected my work ethic, skill and knowledge. I seldom got yelled at.

Same thing in the Army before that.

Before that I worked on a Board Walk (seasonal work) and they offered to keep me on over the winter to do maintenence on the rides. I had already enlisted in the Army.

School, that was a totally different story, they would have had me drugged out of my mind and I would have gotten the most annoying male award, deservedly so.

I had 1 job for 1 year that I had a problem with management. It was the worst job I ever had in 45 years of work.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Although technically the Gernans did participate in D day, it does say "ALLIED"....

61850263_588664268329224_2708369242570358784_n.jpg

Perhaps a bit of revisionist history in action? After all, WW II was essentially just a misunderstanding. It's not like there were real Nazis like Donald Trump and everyone who isn't 100% onboard with Cultural Marxism involved in any of that li'l ol' thing that happened when some people did something.

Oh.

Wait.

Ah.

Yeah.

REASONS!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Either that's not Merkel, or someone got the description wrong.

EDIT: Nope, that's Merkel. But they've now replaced the photo with one that strategically has her standing out of view.

there's still this Tweet with Merkel sitting with everyone else: https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1136218463666626561

I saw something else today on the interwebz that said the Italians were included too... Weren't the Italians allies with the Germans?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom