"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    It's like they don't know why 2A is even a thing

DsiYk5mX4AIx8CU.jpg:large

Gun owners would get the message but the response would not be the one expected by the left.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's like they don't know why 2A is even a thing

DsiYk5mX4AIx8CU.jpg:large

This guy needs to review the French Revolution with respect to what socio-economic stratum made up the bulk of the clients of the guillotine. It wasn't predominantly regular Joes until they ran out of elites

Ditto with the Bolsheviks

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This guy needs to review the French Revolution with respect to what socio-economic stratum made up the bulk of the clients of the guillotine. It wasn't predominantly regular Joes until they ran out of elites

Ditto with the Bolsheviks

"They" always think they're going to be among the more-equal-than eilites after the revolution. Almost all of them are always wrong.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    FWIW, I have been a bell-ringer several times and it is something you just sign up for with the Salvation Army. The store itself has absolutely nothing to do with it other than being kind enough to provide the location. The Salvation Army knows nothing about the ringers other than what they say about themselves. Thus, it is entirely possible this really happened without anybody knowing in advance that this group was going to be involved.

On a side note... being a bell-ringer is an interesting study of the behavior of human-beings.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    FWIW, I have been a bell-ringer several times and it is something you just sign up for with the Salvation Army. The store itself has absolutely nothing to do with it other than being kind enough to provide the location. The Salvation Army knows nothing about the ringers other than what they say about themselves. Thus, it is entirely possible this really happened without anybody knowing in advance that this group was going to be involved.

On a side note... being a bell-ringer is an interesting study of the behavior of human-beings.
    Well, if I walked past you without acknowledging your existence, I’m sorry for that, but I never donate in cash. I ignore the bell-ringers. I ignore the firefighters standing in the intersections. I ignore the homeless holding signs at stoplights. When I donate it goes directly to organizations with sufficient transparency, by check or credit card, and I always ask for a receipt. Maybe they could replace bell-ringers with kiosks. Not sure I would trust them either.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Well, if I walked past you without acknowledging your existence, I’m sorry for that, but I never donate in cash. I ignore the bell-ringers. I ignore the firefighters standing in the intersections. I ignore the homeless holding signs at stoplights. When I donate it goes directly to organizations with sufficient transparency, by check or credit card, and I always ask for a receipt. Maybe they could replace bell-ringers with kiosks. Not sure I would trust them either.

That is actually one of the things I always found interesting. People that aren't going to give anything don't look at you or respond to greetings. You can tell who is going to give from 20 feet away, just because they look at you. It's not a big deal, you just don't have much else to do while you are standing there besides observe people and their behavior.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    This actually fits better in a few other threads but I will post here to save some hurt feelings.

[video=youtube;IABRgZH12YA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IABRgZH12YA[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom