"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well. Some people don’t mind ****ting where they eat.

But. Perhaps there is a solution for her, specifically. Don’t need to change diapers on the eating table if you, Idunno, maybe potty train your kids at the earliest age possible. And maybe she does this. My nephew is severely autistic and he may never learn to go by himself. And so I don’t want to judge. But c’mon, lots of kids without special needs are 3, 4, 5 years old before they learn go by themselves. That’s just a whole lot of unnecessary diaper changes and a whole lot of kid **** on McDonnald’s tables that wouldn’t need to be there.

Or, she could use the diaper changing station in the bathroom.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    url
    baby-changing-station.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What, got a problem with bodily fluids and unsanitary practices?

Next time you eat at a fast food joint... picture this. :)

rw9ql6rg7wm11.jpg

I've got a solution. If you've got to do it, find a way to do it and not be a disgusting a-hole. Finding out how to do that is up to you. It's your kid, not mine.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I've got a solution. If you've got to do it, find a way to do it and not be a disgusting a-hole. Finding out how to do that is up to you. It's your kid, not mine.

How about walking out to your car and doing it in the back seat?

If if I can train my blind dog to go outside... I’m sure there’s a way to potty train her child. Not judging cause I don’t know the entire situation, but there’s a way to be courteous of other people eating.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I feel pretty free to judge. There is no log in my eye as to this issue- 4 kids, no changing diapers on a restaurant table. Is the child disabled in some way? DOESN'T MATTER.

No matter what the situation is, there was a less disgusting option than on a table where people are supposed to eat. Option 1- floor.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I feel pretty free to judge. There is no log in my eye as to this issue- 4 kids, no changing diapers on a restaurant table. Is the child disabled in some way? DOESN'T MATTER.

No matter what the situation is, there was a less disgusting option than on a table where people are supposed to eat. Option 1- floor.

Good point. I have 3 kids, never put them on a table, lol.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass

I also have 4 and never did this.

Look like, if she got down on the floor, she'd not be able to get back up.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I feel pretty free to judge...

We need more people like you.:yesway:

And I don't mean more lawyers. We are lousy with lawyers.;)

More people who will judge, shame, mock, and ridicule morons who do stupid s**t.

Sadly, most such morons today are immune to all of that.:rolleyes:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Option 2 on the bench, still nasty but better than the table. Option 3 bathroom, sit on the toilet and have the kid stand if they are too big for or they don't have changing tables. It's a bit more difficult but doable. I've had to change a diaper or two of a kid while they were standing.

I also have 4 and never did this.

Look like, if she got down on the floor, she'd not be able to get back up.

I've got 2 and while I may have used a table a time or two, it wasn't one in a public restaurant.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We need more people like you.:yesway:

And I don't mean more lawyers. We are lousy with lawyers.;)

More people who will judge, shame, mock, and ridicule morons who do stupid s**t.

Sadly, most such morons today are immune to all of that.:rolleyes:
    Judge/shame/mock people who don’t conform to my standards isn’t any better than what they’re doing.

I think a better way to order society is to make laws around a consensus of behaviors that we want to prohibit, and leave the more subjective ones to private individuals and organizations. I think a consensus could be formed around not letting people **** where other people eat. That one seems like a no-brainer. Part of governments’ charter is to help eliminate externalities. Potential diseases from human waste is definitely an externality of a parent taking the liberty to change a child’s diaper on a table purposed for eating.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Option 2 on the bench, still nasty but better than the table. Option 3 bathroom, sit on the toilet and have the kid stand if they are too big for or they don't have changing tables. It's a bit more difficult but doable. I've had to change a diaper or two of a kid while they were standing.

I've got 2 and while I may have used a table a time or two, it wasn't one in a public restaurant.
    Well, yeah. If it’s your own table, you’ll know you need to clean it as if you changed diapers on it. I’ve seen how fast food restaurant tables get cleaned. Likely, any bacteria from the one table will just get smeared over the other tables.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Judge/shame/mock people who don’t conform to my standards isn’t any better than what they’re doing.

I think a better way to order society is to make laws around a consensus of behaviors that we want to prohibit, and leave the more subjective ones to private individuals and organizations. I think a consensus could be formed around not letting people **** where other people eat...

...and just how is consensus communicated to people who think this is okey dokey?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I think a better way to order society is to make laws around a consensus of behaviors that we want to prohibit, and leave the more subjective ones to private individuals and organizations. I think a consensus could be formed around not letting people **** where other people eat. That one seems like a no-brainer. Part of governments’ charter is to help eliminate externalities. Potential diseases from human waste is definitely an externality of a parent taking the liberty to change a child’s diaper on a table purposed for eating.

Disagree. I think a certain level of shame for socially unacceptable behaviors is not only better, but in some cases necessary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom