"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Actual photo of "journalists" rushing out of the Manafort courtroom to call their editors.

vppf1d717kh11.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The pudgy dude out in front is very determined. Forget his facial expression, you can tell by the precise perpendicular positioning of his right hand in relation to the ground that he’s in it to win it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I'm surprised there wasn't an advertising campaign prior to this.

*Fade in to picture of animal cracker behind bars*
    "Animal crackers. Forced to live their lives in crowded conditions with hundreds of other animal crackers, packed into tiny boxes with no hope of freedom until they are 'released' only to be eaten alive by vicious, ravenous children. For just $19 a month*, you can stop this needless suffering. These animal crackers deserve their freedom. Won't you help? $19 a month, just 63 cents a day, can make all the difference in the world to these defenseless animals. Please... don't let them suffer for another day."

*Side note. $19 a month seems to be the going rate, whether for orphans or animals. I don't know why.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DoggyDaddy again.”

dammit. Can I rep ANYONE?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    never thought I'd see a reference to "naruto running" on INGO

tenor.gif

Nah. Has to be one hand so the other hand can carry stuff or be free for...

Anyway he has to have one hand free so the other stabilizing hand must remain perfectly vertical.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or maybe we have it all wrong. Maybe he’s not in the group, not even a reporter. Maybe he just has to **** right now, and he’s bringing his newspaper along.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DoggyDaddy again.”

dammit. Can I rep ANYONE?

It's the thought that counts! Thanks for thinking about giving me rep! :):

On a related note... who knew that Shirley Temple was so sinister?

[video=youtube;cntYIkuthYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntYIkuthYg[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Indiana off duty officer harasses black man at his own apartment pool. Asks him to leave, along with apartment manager that acknowledged he was a tenant.

Video went viral. Apt mgr on administrative leave. Probably could have avoided that if she'd just stuck up for him against the *probably* racial profiling cop

https://www.wthr.com/article/video-...-duty-officer-and-apartment-tenant-goes-viral

I didn't catch the update to this story last month.

Barrett & Stockely, the building management company, apologized for the misunderstanding and placed the manager on administrative leave.

“We are disappointed that we weren’t able to handle this situation in a way in which everyone felt respected and understood,” the company posted on Facebook. “We should have communicated with all residents that we would have security on site, who would be asking for proof of residency. We continue to evaluate how we can better communicate our policies in the future and ask that you reach out to us if you have any questions. Please understand that we have policies that restrict what we can publicly share about specific residents.”

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ... Which brings us to this:

Man says he was profiled, assaulted by officers outside his Indianapolis apartment complex

Jaquon Dean was sitting in his car outside his northwest side apartment Saturday when, he says, a security officer approached asking if he lived there. Dean says the officer demanded to know his name and called in backup when Dean declined to answer his questions.

“He’s there every day so he knows I live there,” Dean said.

Dean filmed his interaction with the officer, James Reynolds, who identified himself as a courtesy officer for the complex.

The confrontation turned physical when two assisting officers from the Southport Police Department arrived.

Dean says he suffered a nerve injury during the altercation.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Buzzzz.... wrong.
    Under Indiana law, when an officer believes you’ve committed a crime and you refuse to show ID, you’re committing another crime.

Name, Address, DOB
    IC 34-28-5-3.5 Refusal to identify self

Sec. 3.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally refuses to provide either the person's:
    (1) name, address, and date of birth; or
    (2) driver's license, if in the person's possession;
    to a law enforcement officer who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation commits a Class C misdemeanor.
    [Pre-1998 Recodification Citation: 34-4-32-3.]
    As added by P.L.1-1998, SEC.24.

This is also the potential problem with LE moonlighting as security. Security "officers" have no special powers. They can ask all they want, and other than trespassing you, they have no authority at all. If that security guard is also a cop, all the sudden a flippant "leave me alone" can become "resisting arrest".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If an apartment complex has a problem with non-residents hanging around outside, I would think the residents would want them to take some measures to ID the people on private property to see whether they belong there or are loitering.

...of course, not being a fronthole about it would help, but remember that normally we only get one side- the side of the person who feels "dissed".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom