Are we supposed to be hoarding 5.56 ammo now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Went to Rural King in Martinsville today, counter guy told me they had sold all the 5.56 and 5k rds since last evening. Still had .223 in stock which I purchased a few hundred rounds.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    The panic is alive and well. My local Wally had TONS of ZQI 5.56 with SS109 projectiles. As I looked at the case, a gentleman came up and bought ten boxes. The lady working the sporting goods said someone had bought 30 boxes earlier in the day. When I asked to buy some ammo, the lady assumed I wanted the rest. I wish I had that kind of money to throw at ammo :spend::spend:

Which Wally World?:naughty: Bloomington, Columbus & Linton had 0 boxes of the ZQ1 stuff. I picked some up a while back for grins and it shot well. I wouldn't use 62GR for HD use anyway which is the funny part. I have 77GR/75GR for that.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Ok - I'm late to the party and trying to get up to speed quick.

To confirm, this is only for M855 green tip 556, correct? Not all 223/556 rounds?

Dont poke fun. I'm just trying to make sure I have my facts straight.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Thanks to our current president and his hand-picked, true patriot, all American experts (Eric Holder, Susan Rice, John Kerry, ad nauseam) ammo is out performing gold and silver. Sorry William Devane. Yes I do know what's in my wallet.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Ok - I'm late to the party and trying to get up to speed quick.

To confirm, this is only for M855 green tip 556, correct? Not all 223/556 rounds?

Dont poke fun. I'm just trying to make sure I have my facts straight.

The proposed BATFE change only impacts M855 5.56 green tip ammo. The panic is not as limited in scope.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I had several people call me today and tell me about all the AR ammo being banned. One was just getting back from buying 1000 RDS of it, another said they were going to buy more ARs before they ban them too. I gotta say, that people love to freak out over this kind of stuff, ARs, .22 lr, etc. The panic buying does no one anygood and shows how gullible some people are.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Thanks to our current president and his hand-picked, true patriot, all American experts (Eric Holder, Susan Rice, John Kerry, ad nauseam) ammo is out performing gold and silver. Sorry William Devane. Yes I do know what's in my wallet.

Now that is funny. As we were driving home yesterday from the LGS, after pickup up some components, I told my 11 year old Son that you can always trade ammo just like gold and silver. Sorry William Devane...

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I'm not going to hoard any more than usual. I find grabbing for something that is still going to be there silly.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bah, just like the 22lr flippers. Before long we'll get an education on who our friends are and who are the parasites.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    While there might be a bit of rush on 5.56 now, I don't think it will last long. I think most people prone to panic buying are still pretty tapped out after the last couple of years. I think this will be more a blip than another thing like we are dealing with for .22 LR.

Just to be safe though, I better buy an alternate caliber upper for my M16. :ar15:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Who is panic buying 223/5.56?

LOW INFORMATION GUN OWNERS

By all means, let the neckbeards pay a buck per round (or more) when there's ample M193 out there for 1/3 of that...

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I only buy deals when I find them and I manage to stay stocked up with every caliber I own. Too much "wait and see" can cost you. My last .223 buy was $289 per 1000 with about $15 to ship. Before that i was getting it for $318 shipped...

Ahhh the good 'ol days... I can remember when 'neckbeard' really meant something... At least put on your 'good' pajamas before you leave...

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Not a doctor, not a lawyer but financially secure and able to fund my lifestyle's needs/desires. I do put the purchases on a credit card that gets paid in full each month and has cash back rewards of 1 - 4 % depending on the category the purchase falls into. Cash stays in bank earning a little interest for a while before paying the credit card statement. And yes I have a large stash of loaded ammo in every caliber & gauge I shoot plus powder, brass, primers, and bullets to make a lot more. After the shortages following the '08 election I vowed to never need worry about running out of anything again. Not a matter of if things will be short again but when in my opinion.

Good for you.

That's rather judgmental. I buy what I want and use it, unless another member on INGO is in need and I share. I continue to gather as much powder, primers and bullets as I can can. I have about 3,000 rounds of .22 and that's enough for me. If I need more, I know where to go. No credit card needed.

I see you took that personal...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Seems that everyone is hoarding the stuff and the gougers are out in full force too. I have all I need, so I plan on waiting until this is defeated (hopefully) and then MAYBE adding to my stock. I am not even sure how many M855 pulled bullets I have since I haven't felt much like loading them for a while while always buying more when I see a good deal. Brass, not sure how many thousands if empties I have either but it is a lot of them. I may even have a few to five thousand loaded green tips, have to look.

I hate Obama's tactics, he wins no matter what happens with the ban as the prices ill take a loooong time to restore themselves if they do at all. Look at 22LR? His panics are as bad as any ban, they make the price base on all ammo rise making this become a richer man's sport. Even if you reload the components are starting to get ridiculous. I hope this ends with his presidency. By all rights he should have been impeached in 2009 when he committed his first illegal act as president. You can be darn sure they would have do so to Bush, ether of them. :xmad:

Top Bottom