Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    This is my Colt:

This is the rifle I brought home one night to my lovely wife as she was holding our newborn baby girl. I told my wife that I bought my little girl a pony and that until she married a guy I approved of it was my job to watch out for her. Some day when my daughter gets married, I'll give the lucky guy (poor b@st@ard) this rifle (or one just like it) and it'll be his job to watch over her from that point on.

Since the day the rifle was brought home so much has changed on it that it's hardly even a 6920 anymore. I swapped out the front sight post for a yankee hill flip up sight gas block and put a XS illuminated post in it. The forend (DD Omega), grip (MIAD), and stock were all changed. The trigger springs were swapped out for a JP spring kit. Charging handle is a BCM gunfighter, flashlight is a streamlight polytac. The red dot is a Aimpoint pro and until a few days ago the rifle was still black.

I'd like to tell myself that I'm done with the rifle, but the only thing I could see changing at this point would be TACCON 3MR trigger once they've been tested and proven with a little more time then where they're at now.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

My "M4" setup, been playing with different options for a couple of years and finally settled on this. Feels good with the Magpul STR stock, MOE grip, AFG. Vikings tactic's sling, Lucid red dot and mount, factory irons. I'm happy. :) Oh it's a Colt 6940 underneath lol

Very nice Ford, Liking the clean look!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What's your opinion on the delton stuff?

I've got a del-ton parts rifle with about 2,000 rounds through it and I've never had a problem of any sort with mine ever. I've ran a wide variety of ammo through it and I've had it out in the mud. In my opinion Del-Ton is a solid rifle.

Pughead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I've got a del-ton parts rifle with about 2,000 rounds through it and I've never had a problem of any sort with mine ever. I've ran a wide variety of ammo through it and I've had it out in the mud. In my opinion Del-Ton is a solid rifle.
    That's nice to hear. I'm planing a budget minded build and was looking at their stuff. I may just buy a complete kit.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side

Ive built several Del Ton kits and have been impressed. Mostly mid lengths and the ones I remember testing we're MOANING or better shooters with good glass on them. To test one out, I ran a case of steel cased ammo through it along with a few hundred rounds of various brass cased stuff with no cleaning whatsoever. It ran fine through the whole ordeal. I finally decided it was reliable enough and. Cleaned it after around 1500 rounds!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Ive built several Del Ton kits and have been impressed. Mostly mid lengths and the ones I remember testing we're MOANING or better shooters with good glass on them. To test one out, I ran a case of steel cased ammo through it along with a few hundred rounds of various brass cased stuff with no cleaning whatsoever. It ran fine through the whole ordeal. I finally decided it was reliable enough and. Cleaned it after around 1500 rounds!

My Del-Ton was my first assembly of an AR-15 ever. I was nervous about the rifle because I hadn't put one together before and had never heard of Del-Ton before that. Mine was a rifle kit bought from Midway and it's the dissipator with a full length gas system and heavier 1 in 9" barrel. I'd fired the rifle many times, and always struggled with knowing the point at which you bet your life on a piece of equipment. My test was going to the range and with 10 30rd mags full of some accurate handloads. Once I got dialed in for 300 yards with the first couple shots, I fired every mag as fast as I could get back on target. That rifle was hot as heck, and never had a hiccup. The barrel was smoking and the same point of aim was hitting the same place on the steel targets. I couldn't have been happier and it was a lot of fun to do. Since then I'd dropped that rifle in the mud and used the rifle like they're meant to be used and it's performed amazingly well. I trust my rifle with my life and it's in the closet right now pulling guard duty.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I did notice the lack of purple.

In the spirit of this being a picture thread and everything...... Here's the rifle I was talking about.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Diggin that camo job, or is that where you dropped it in the mud? lol I had a del-ton sport and I shot the hell out of it using mostly wolf/tulammo and it kept going. For the price its hard to beat a del-ton.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    My Aeroprecision build. CMMG lower parts, RRA barrel, Magpul furniture.

AeroAR.JPG

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom