Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Looks like my upper arrived today:

2dBXZzp.jpg

Pretty run of the mill AR15. Nothing special. BCG should be here tomorrow, same with some flip up iron sights. With any amount of luck I'll put some rounds down the pipe this weekend and try to get it broken in.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    How do you like that trigger?? I must know!!!

I'd like to know as well. I've been interested in these, but just can't see dropping what I could build another gun for into it.... To me it's a novelty item that would be fun to have, but what do I really gain by shaving 1.5/2 sec off my mag dump (other then a ton a smiles)?

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    From what I've seen it's not much faster than any match trigger. I thought about getting one for my ghost gun too but decided against it.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I really like this look. Is that powder coated to make it grey, or is just the aluminum?

NP3 finished

I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get a full pic.

I was really impressed by the POF charging handle but went ahead and ordered a Fortis Hammer for it anyway, NP3 goodness :)

As for the Tac Con, I'd like to try one myself. Seems..interesting.

At the same time though I was able to bump fire a little with that 4.5lb drop-in trigger POF ships with. I was surprised since another AR of mine has it and was never able to do it

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Finally got around to building an 22 pistol. Wish I got a shorter barrel, but I wanted the longer hand guard so I can install a suppressor underneath. But that will be whenever I get around to purchasing a suppressor and then have 10 months to get a shorter barrel.

b7c16e12-7e5c-4b32-a5ac-cfe7a9fdf81a_zpsb8f3dbbe.jpg

1cce9618-7abd-404c-91e6-af81296577ea_zps5a2b7c4a.jpg

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I know I just made a thread about my first build, but figured I'd add the completed photos here too.

O7gCkZe.jpg

nbmpQWG.jpg

Was a semi-budget build. I think there is maybe $810~ there. I didn't really keep track. Could have gone cheaper but didn't want to go cheap-cheap and didn't want to go above and beyond for my first build either.

Anderson lower, PSA lower kit, same stock 95% other ARs have (cheap), JSA upper, Spike's tactical BCG, cheap charing handle that I will probably replace. Front sight will be replaced with a gas block front sight. INGO dustcover. Pmag... need about 5 or 6 more. :)

Relatively run of the mill.

Last edited:

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Built my first ar lower using a spikes punisher lower and a cmmg lpk
    image.jpg
    I ordered a spikes complete carbine length upper with m4 profile barrel, put on some magpul moe furniture, and decided to try a lucid hd7 optic.
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Finally got it outgo the range and put 300 rounds of wolf gold through it. The rifle shot well with the ammo and the lucid seems to be a great budget sight. Looking forward to putting more rounds down range as the weather warms up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      729.9 KB · Views: 12

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    My wife's new rifle. She had a 10.5" upper that she could put on my SBR lower, but she was always asking for something lighter. I considered a 7.5", but felt it was too much of a compromise in several respects... so I built her this:

*MOD EDIT: IMAGE REMOVED FOR INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE

14.5" Rainier CHF lightweight barrel, pinned and welded BattleComp 2.0
    13" BCM KMR rail
    MFT Minimalist stock
    Spikes Honey Badger forged lower
    Rainier forged upper
    Impact Weapon Components keymod handstop and 1913 sling mount
    Vltor receiver extension with std carbine buffer and spring
    Aimpoint PRO in modded mount (I hate the ginormous knob) which I may replace with a LaRue
    Stag USGI trigger with a WMD hammer and BCG. She's a trigger snob so a Geissele is probably in its future

The 5 time measurement avg of me on a bathroom scale with and without the rifle yields an approximate weight of 6lbs, 8ozs! As pictured with the Aimpoint PRO an modded mount it's noticeably lighter than the 10.5" upper (Rainier Match SS barrel) with Troy BUIS's and Alpha rail and AAC 51t Blackout flash hider.

Last edited by a moderator:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Picked up a Fortis Hammer and a Damage Industries QD end plate. Wanted to try the Hammer on the pistol build but until then it looks so right on the POF. The thing is a BEAST and it's pretty slick. Light weight and great machine work. I might actually like this more than my BCMs. The stock charging handle impressed me but the Hammer is slick; took some glamor pics of it. Fortis needs to do a 308 Hammer and a Mini Hammer

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My wife's new rifle. She had a 10.5" upper that she could put on my SBR lower, but she was always asking for something lighter. I considered a 7.5", but felt it was too much of a compromise in several respects... so I built her this:

Women do enjoy the longer barrels...............so I've heard. :rolleyes:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

My "M4" setup, been playing with different options for a couple of years and finally settled on this. Feels good with the Magpul STR stock, MOE grip, AFG. Vikings tactic's sling, Lucid red dot and mount, factory irons. I'm happy. :) Oh it's a Colt 6940 underneath lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom