• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm itching to get an AR but I know nothing about long guns.

An AR is one of the easiest platforms to get into. It is designed to be relatively simple to operate and maintain under pretty much all conditions. There is probably not a better combination of light weight, accuracy, and customizability in any other platform.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I'm itching to get an AR but I know nothing about long guns.

Thats how I was (and still am basically).

I bought an AR lower... and, woops. I built an AR in a month. 60 rounds down the pipe and she shoots great. Too bad only 223 I've gotten my hands on is this $33 a box stuff at Wal-Mart for 20rds.... LGS is not open when I'm able to get up there unfortunately. Time to buy in bulk online and save now.

Start building one and you'll want another as soon as you complete your first, haha.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    It was just krylon. That's actually the second coat. I didn't like the first either. LOL. I decided ill just run it for now and when it starts to flake off ill just redo it

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    MK12 Mod1 SPR awaiting B5 Sopmod "advanced" stock and white oak 18" SPR barrel, then it'll be ready for the paint booth where a buddy of mine and I will desert brush camo both of our AR variants. DoubeStar Lower, BCM upper.
    WW AK74 awaiting Russian PK-01V side mount red dot and that'll be done.
    10002937_2236326865381_1517407081_n.jpg

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    krylon flat or semi flat?

Think i'll do 2 light coats of primer, 3 light base coats of krylon camo sand, with a krylon camo brown for the pattern. Blending with a light 14-16" spray of the brown, followed by a 12" pass over of sand. Krylon camo flat.

And yes! Def getting a suppressor! I have to set up my trust first.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    MK12 Mod1 SPR awaiting B5 Sopmod "advanced" stock and white oak 18" SPR barrel, then it'll be ready for the paint booth where a buddy of mine and I will desert brush camo both of our AR variants. DoubeStar Lower, BCM upper.
    WW AK74 awaiting Russian PK-01V side mount red dot and that'll be done.
    10002937_2236326865381_1517407081_n.jpg

Definitely want to see that after you get the PK01v mounted, they look so good. I picked one up from Atlantic earlier this year and I love it. The build quality is crazy, you could put a wooden handle on one and use it to smash bricks.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Definitely want to see that after you get the PK01v mounted, they look so good. I picked one up from Atlantic earlier this year and I love it. The build quality is crazy, you could put a wooden handle on one and use it to smash bricks.

Haha! That's what I've heard. I forget who it was, (might have been you), who posted a pic of their pk01v AK in the AK pic thread, it made my decision come very easy on ditching the Kobra idea and going after a PK style. The best thing about the PK01V that I sold me was the fact that, with the mount provided, it is a full co-witness, and I'm a stickler when it comes to that lol!

Speaking of smashing bricks... the reason I have a cheap-o blackhawk stock on my AR is because I tried to smash a watermelon with the factory DSA 6 pos stock, being funny, well it went through very easy and cracked on a tree stump haha!

B5 sopmod will be purchased next week at USDA! Yay

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom