• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    That's one of the best camo jobs I've seen. I've seen some that look tacti-cool, but yours actually looks practical and like it would really blend into the woods of Indiana. Care to share some details on it?

Thanks, I actually painted my son's 20 ga first then my 12 ga just so get the hang of it. I used Krylon flat camo paint followed by flat clear coat. I used khaki paint as a base. I found a big ball of twine that my wife had for crafts or something that I thought would make a nice wrap. I double it up and wrapped the gun varying the gaps and followed with OD green, the sand, and finally foliage green. I didn't want any black in it isn't really natural. I also put several strands together loosely and laid it over the gun for fill in our touch ups. Next time I do one I will take pics along the way. I am building a Spike's from scratch now - but will prob leave that one black. I am learning as I go, but it is really fun and my son likes it too.

here is a pic of the shotguns - i didn't do an foliage green on my 12 ga as there isn't much of that in deer season.
    picture.php

Last edited:

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    My first complete build!!!
    Spikes Tactical upper and lower(Punisher), Spikes nickel boron coated BCG, BCM 16" heavy barrel, magpul moe furniture, magpul BAD lever, YHM Diamond Spectre hanguard, Spikes LPK, Spikes Enhanced Battle trigger, Aimpont PRO, Aimpoint 3x magnifier, Spikes ST2T buffer
    picture.php

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    My first complete build!!!
    Spikes Tactical upper and lower(Punisher), Spikes nickel boron coated BCG, BCM 16" heavy barrel, magpul moe furniture, magpul BAD lever, YHM Diamond Spectre hanguard, Spikes LPK, Spikes Enhanced Battle trigger, Aimpont PRO, Aimpoint 3x magnifier, Spikes ST2T buffer
    picture.php

Wow that is sweet!! How do you like the enhanced trigger from Spike's? I am thinking about getting one and wonder if it is worth the extra $$..

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    They are cool, I have a Spike's lower that I am building up. Ordered the Spike's tube kit and Magpul stock, but hadn't decided on the lower kit yet, but you talked me into it. Ordering now :) thanks. Now I need to decide how to do the upper, leaning towards a Spike's 6.8 since I have one 5.56 and various other zombie stoppers.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    IMAG0284.jpg

Rock River Varmint 16. Rock River ambi safety and winter guard. Magpul UBR and Miad, as well as Timney trigger. Optics are an Eotech 552 with single dot, and a Hensoldt magnifier with Larue mount. Pretty accurate rig.

JollyGreen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Indiana
    My first build from scratch.
    Spikes Tactical upper/lower(punisher), spikes tactical BCG nickel boron coated, Spikes Enhanced LPK, PRI Gas Buster charging handle, magpul moe furniture, magpul BAD, magpul ASAP sling attachment, YHM handguard/rail(Diamond Spectre), Aimpoint PRO, Aimpoint 3xMagnifier, Spikes Battle Trigger, Delton 16" heavy barrel

Awesome build! Spikes is great stuff! Customer service is fantastic! :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    is that spikes enhanced trigger? is there a big difference compared to a regular mil spec one?

Yes it is.

There is a difference. The Spike's Battle Trigger is very crisp, almost "clicky". Its not any lighter than a milspec trigger, but its pull is consistent and the reset is sharp. It doesn't feel mushy or gritty like some. It is not a precision trigger.

IMO its a worth-while upgrade on a go-to rifle, especially for $60.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    This is my new AR build I literally finished a few hours ago. Spike's Tactical Elite CHF Midlength Upper with 14.5" barrel and pinned Dynacomp brake and Nickel Boron BCG, Spike's Tactical Lower with Geissele SSA Two-Stage Trigger, Aimpoint H-1 RDS, Fenix TA-20 taclight, and Magpul MOE furniture. The one item missing will be on tomorrow, Magpul BAD Lever. Currently using Magpul MS2 for my S&W M&P but I'm considering the Ares Armor Husky Amentum sling for this.

AR1.jpg
    AR2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom