• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    This is my new AR build I literally finished a few hours ago. Spike's Tactical Elite CHF Midlength Upper with 14.5" barrel and pinned Dynacomp brake and Nickel Boron BCG, Spike's Tactical Lower with Geissele SSA Two-Stage Trigger, Aimpoint H-1 RDS, Fenix TA-20 taclight, and Magpul MOE furniture. The one item missing will be on tomorrow, Magpul BAD Lever. Currently using Magpul MS2 for my S&W M&P but I'm considering the Ares Armor Husky Amentum sling for this.

AR1.jpg
    AR2.jpg

I've got the Amentum sling. The slider is pretty cool, but the rest of the sling really isn't any better / worse than the other 2 point offerings. The padding isn't as good as I'd thought it would be either.

Other than the fancy slider mechanism, I'm not all that impressed.

You rifle is sweet by the way! Here's my KISS middy with said sling in multicam.

DSC04458.jpg

Last edited:

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Well that's definitely a shame, they make fairly nice gear so I had hoped it would have good padding. The 2 point is an experiment though, I've tried them before and wasn't a fan but want to again. Very nice KISS rifle, odd seeing a carry handle with MOE furniture. lol

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Well that's definitely a shame, they make fairly nice gear so I had hoped it would have good padding. The 2 point is an experiment though, I've tried them before and wasn't a fan but want to again. Very nice KISS rifle, odd seeing a carry handle with MOE furniture. lol

The padding is definitely better than no padding, and I think it is a good sling, just didn't quite live up to my expectations on the padding as mentioned. I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon though. ;)

I kinda like the carry handle's flexibility and function, and the elevation adjustment is nice

Family Photo (need to work on my photography skills and get the lighting better):

DSC04461.jpg

Left to Right:

M&P15 with some extra magpul goodness and Aimpoint Comp M2, and Troy Battle Sling

Delton Midlenth HBAR with magpul extras in a nice KISS carbine set up with Amentum Sling

Superior Barrels SDMR with TA31F

MOE grips all around, but after seeing Mvician and Esrice posts on the new MOE + I might be doing some shopping. :)

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    New Palmetto State Armory Build

Here's my first build. Nice simple and to the point.

078.jpg

074.jpg

089.jpg

Palmetto State Upper
    Palmetto State Lower
    Magpul MOE furniture
    Magpul rear MBUS
    Vortex Sparc red dot
    Streamlight Polytac LED
    Elzetta light mount (Only takes up one space in my crowded safe)
    Blackhawk 2 point sling

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Here's my first build. Nice simple and to the point.

078.jpg

074.jpg

089.jpg

Palmetto State Upper
    Palmetto State Lower
    Magpul MOE furniture
    Magpul rear MBUS
    Vortex Sparc red dot
    Streamlight Polytac LED
    Elzetta light mount (Only takes up one space in my crowded safe)
    Blackhawk 2 point sling

What kind of BCG is that there? Not so simple I say!!!:rockwoot: My next project is either a 308 OR A KISS build, good looking build for keeping it simple.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I put together a new coyote hunting and bench gun.

Rock River Predator Pursuit 20" with bead blasted barrel
    Palmetto State lower
    Palmetto LPK
    Rock River 2 stage trigger group
    Magpul CTR stock
    Magpul MOE grip
    Leopold scope mount
    Nikon 3-9x40 scope w/ 4" sun shade
    Magpul P-Mag 20 round

RRAPredatorPursuit01.jpg

RRAPredatorPursuit02.jpg

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Here's a better pic of my Del-Ton lightweight AR 15 with the following parts.

Magpul MOE stock
    Magpul MIAD pistol grip
    Magpul MOE hand guards
    Magpul B.A.D Lever
    Magpul MBUS Flip Up Rear Sight

Just waiting on getting the money to get my eotech. Not pictured but I have a few Magpul P Mags for this rifle as well. :D

301994_10150831811790596_667380595_20757816_499507127_n.jpg

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    All these pics have got me itching to get at least one of my AR projects completed...

But now Christmas projects and shopping have started, actually getting started early this year!

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    All these pics have got me itching to get at least one of my AR projects completed...

But now Christmas projects and shopping have started, actually getting started early this year!

Me too!!!! Sold off all of my collection pretty much and started 2 builds at once then ran out of funds on number 2. Oh well I am pretty close to finishing it and my spikes turned out exactly like I envisioned it.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Newest addition to the family, currently it's my new AR pistol. Pics are not great, but you get the point! Kudos' to LaserScribe in Indy! You can't really see it here, but you can actually read the "Semper Fidelis" on the Eagles banner, the detail is top notch!

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Pretty likely, I'm going to cut this 11.5 done a smidgen, we'll see. Still pending real sights, some accessories, and probably a paint job.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom