Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My version of the MK12 mod1. I'm still looking to buy a low profile front flip up sight.
    -bcm ss110 18" mk12 upper
    -bcm mod3 charging handle
    -bcm bcg
    -Ops inc muzzle brake & collar
    -knights lo profile rear flip up sight
    -vortex 3-9x40 scope
    - nikon p-series mount (soon to be upgraded with qd mounts)
    - Harris bipod
    -spikes lower with a2 stock and ergo grip, kns anti rotation, ambi safety selector, soon to be geissele trigger.
    -centurion arms free float quad rail
    - knights forward grip
    - mini red dot mounted on a canted MI mount.
    TOTAL WEIGHT: 11.8 lbs

Last edited:

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    My version of the MK12 mod1. I'm still looking to buy a low profile front flip up sight.
    -bcm ss110 18" mk12 upper
    -bcm mod3 charging handle
    -bcm bcg
    -Ops inc muzzle brake & collar
    -knights lo profile rear flip up sight
    -vortex 3-9x40 scope
    - nikon p-series mount (soon to be upgraded with qd mounts)
    - Harris bipod
    -spikes lower with a2 stock and ergo grip, kns anti rotation, ambi safety selector, soon to be geissele trigger.
    -centurion arms free float quad rail
    - knights forward grip
    - mini red dot mounted on a canted MI mount.
    TOTAL WEIGHT: 11.8 lbs

Dude this is beautiful! Very similar to what my AR will look like here in a few days haha.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Dude this is beautiful! Very similar to what my AR will look like here in a few days haha.
    Thank you! Much appreciated! I put a lot of love into this gun so far and I'm still gonna be upgrading the scope, mounts, adding a front flip up and some other stuff. Also gonna spray paint it so it's done up right! I have to give a shout out to N_K_1984 for helping me source some parts and also trading me some stuff! Real good dude who also has a beautiful MK12 !!!!
    if you need any help SpaldingPM just hit me up an hopefully I can be of assistance. Can't wait to see her when your done!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Thank you! Much appreciated! I put a lot of love into this gun so far and I'm still gonna be upgrading the scope, mounts, adding a front flip up and some other stuff. Also gonna spray paint it so it's done up right! I have to give a shout out to N_K_1984 for helping me source some parts and also trading me some stuff! Real good dude who also has a beautiful MK12 !!!!
    if you need any help SpaldingPM just hit me up an hopefully I can be of assistance. Can't wait to see her when your done!

Thats so awesome! What color are you going to go with? I've decided on a desert/coyote/fde for mine. After seeing Lone Survivor, the color scheme they have their m16's... I fell in love with. You gonna use rustolium, cerakote, or duracoat?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thats so awesome! What color are you going to go with? I've decided on a desert/coyote/fde for mine. After seeing Lone Survivor, the color scheme they have their m16's... I fell in love with. You gonna use rustolium, cerakote, or duracoat?
    Krylon. I'll wait till spring and find some local foliage and use that to help the pattern.

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    Normally wears a 1-4 PST but I really want to see how it groups...

1d9a8212b445f3d48690686e8653fccf_zps10c3b1d0.jpg

1b02f2d3906ba4c66d83004c496ae7f3_zps0e84abaa.jpg

0363dd3ea6a6b55355542a6b10a383de_zps3e13a0c0.jpg

I've built a couple of ARs but am still new to the platform. That being said, it's yet to grab me and pull me into an obsession but I think your rifle might change that. I see that your lower is a POF-USA but what is that upper? Your AR is strikingly beautiful!

drewtitans

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    GEORGETOWN
    It's actually a Christensen Arms CA-15 Recon, the carbon fiber barrel wrap is some pretty cool technology. No cold bore shots, no change in POI due to varying temperature as there is minimal to no thermal expansion. I was skeptical when reading about the technology but after running it, I'm sold. I can literally unload 2 full mags and immediately grab the barrel, warm but not hot. BCG stays cool, similar to a piston setup.

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    Drewtitans, thank you for the reply. You have a beautiful rifle there and I'm afraid you've forced me to get one of my own :) Out of all the awesome weapons in this thread, yours absolutely wins the day.

drewtitans

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    GEORGETOWN
    I appreciate the compliment, not my work :) but I still appreciate it. They do quality work, fit and finish is top notch. It's a hefty price tag but the only negative reviews I've seen on the rifles have been they are over priced and not worth it from people who have never owned or shot one. I swapped the stock, grip and put a Lantac Dragon Comp on the gun as well as replaced the Timney trigger with a Geissele SD 3gun. I also installed a JP Silent Captured Spring system. All of of these changes were to bring the rifle to exactly what I wanted, not better items just what I like. You can order different options from CA but since I bought this NIB from an individual, I was very happy with what I got... Especially since I got it at a hefty $1K discount.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom