• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Diamondhead USA BUIS (Rainier Arms marked) with the Blitzkrieg Chevron front post.

Very interesting. Have you shot with them before? I had a Troy rear BUIS that had the diamond apperature vs. the standard circle, and just couldn't get it to work for me. Not sure if I gave it a chance or not, but sold it and went back to a standard rear BUIS.

I'm curious if the combination of front and rear will make for a better sight picture.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Very interesting. Have you shot with them before? I had a Troy rear BUIS that had the diamond apperature vs. the standard circle, and just couldn't get it to work for me. Not sure if I gave it a chance or not, but sold it and went back to a standard rear BUIS.

I'm curious if the combination of front and rear will make for a better sight picture.

Haven't shot with them but they should work well as a pair. Here is a view through a Vortex red dot..........

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I seen those sights didn't do too well in a drop test. Are these the improved version? I really like the looks of them and would probably never have them in an extreme situation that would cause concern, but it just bugs me that a pair of sights or anything that cost that much could fail so easily under a circumstance that they possibly could encounter. If they fixed the problem Ill probably pick up a set at USDS.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I seen those sights didn't do too well in a drop test. Are these the improved version? I really like the looks of them and would probably never have them in an extreme situation that would cause concern, but it just bugs me that a pair of sights or anything that cost that much could fail so easily under a circumstance that they possibly could encounter. If they fixed the problem Ill probably pick up a set at USDS.

Did the Troy version fail too?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    IMG_1150.jpg

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    It's a work in progress, this thread is great a inspiration. Will be my first AR when it's completed. :)

Next post from me in this thread will be a completed AR.

UjlUXjD.jpg

I may replace the stock. Not sure I'll like that one... Looks/feels a bit cheap but it'll work for now.

tLWXo0G.jpg

INGO represent!

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I'm also curious. I want 2.

pic thread

Awaiting a pistol buffer tube (until tax stamp) bad-ass safety, SD-C, and troy iron sights, and another aimpoint pro. The upper is a bcm 11.5, Todd Jarrett YHM 12.5" handguard, and KX3. I should have used a 10.5" so I could get the same look as the "ghost guns" 7.5" with midlength handguard. Oh well.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm also curious. I want 2.

pic thread

Awaiting a pistol buffer tube (until tax stamp) bad-ass safety, SD-C, and troy iron sights, and another aimpoint pro. The upper is a bcm 11.5, Todd Jarrett YHM 12.5" handguard, and KX3. I should have used a 10.5" so I could get the same look as the "ghost guns" 7.5" with midlength handguard. Oh well.

Just some friendly info that may keep you out of jail, once a lower has had a rifle stock (or rifle reciever extention) on it, it can never be a pistol again (for a upper less than 16"). You can go from pistol to rifle but not the other way. If your doing an sbr or pistol build you need to start with a pistol or virgin lower.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    If registered as areceiver you can swap between the two at any time. Took me a little bit to remember the ruling. It's 2011-4

"Likewise, because it is the same weapon when reconfigured as a pistol, no “weapon made from a rifle” subject to the NFA has been made."

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If registered as areceiver you can swap between the two at any time. Took me a little bit to remember the ruling. It's 2011-4

"Likewise, because it is the same weapon when reconfigured as a pistol, no “weapon made from a rifle” subject to the NFA has been made."

This would be the correct answer here. A pistol can be turned into a rifle and then back into a pistol, but if it was a rifle to begin with, it can never be a pistol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom