Not open for further replies.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Wow. Great idea!

Yep, I didn't come up with it but a lot of people have done it since the shop that came up with it and sent it in to the BATF got the "ok". Same thing as some will put a hand stop or Magpul AFG on a pistol too, since they aren't considered a vertical fore grip. :cool:

I used industrial strength sticky backed velcro to attach it to the tube. Fuzzy side on the tube and loop side on the bottom of the saddle. Two small zip ties keep it from flaring out at the bottom. I made sure to leave a bit of the tube exposed.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Yep, I didn't come up with it but a lot of people have done it since the shop that came up with it and sent it in to the BATF got the "ok". Same thing as some will put a hand stop or Magpul AFG on a pistol too, since they aren't considered a vertical fore grip. :cool:

I used industrial strength sticky backed velcro to attach it to the tube. Fuzzy side on the tube and loop side on the bottom of the saddle. Two small zip ties keep it from flaring out at the bottom. I made sure to leave a bit of the tube exposed.

how does it shoot? i know nothing can replace a stock but is it a big difference when compared to the bare tube?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Had to use enie meeny miney moe to decide where to post it...

9492127350_fa03042490_c.jpg

bobertathan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Just an FYI to everyone that is not too experienced in sighting in an AR15/M4/M16. The rear sight does not require an elevation adjustment. On A2 models that elevation adjustment was not put there to sight in your weapon so when you look at rear BUIS some have them some dont. Your front sight post is your elevation adjustment when sighting in. The rear elevation adjustment is simply there for when you need to adjust for distance. Yes you can use it to sight in but when you shoot varying distances you may forget where exactly it was to bring it back to zero at your normal 0-300m range.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Newest addition to my AR family. Just finished building this one today :rockwoot:

Surplus Arms lower
    Double Star Upper Receiver
    CMMG LPK
    Magpul Rifle Stock
    MASdeffense 223WYLDE 20" barrel
    YHM Diamond Series Free Float Quad Rail w/ Cap
    YHM Phantom Flash Hider
    Hogue grip

Pic-08232013-002_zps32139b04.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom