• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    That's why it's always best to just be concealed

If you are talking OC vs. CC, please take it up in one of the threads (if you can find one that isn't locked) that are dedicated to OC vs. CC discussion.

It is a debate that cannot be won.

It doesn't matter how you carry, just carry and carry safely.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I conceal carry all the times to my local Applebees or TGIF. It's all about being subtle and low key because I KNOW for a fact that people do over react to your gun. I don't want the potential annoyance so I hide my gun, which is the point of a carry permit.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I don't want the potential annoyance so I hide my gun,

When I compare the possibility of annoyances to the reality of most criminals' victim selection process, I much prefer to leave my gun exposed. ;)

...which is the point of a carry permit.

:scratch: Hiding the gun is in no way related to the requirement to be licensed.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    In this very same Applebees on North Clinton, I was approached in the parking lot by an individual intent on committing a strong arm robbery a couple of years ago.

My experience and training allowed me to deflect his attack with verbal judo, but the J-frame in my pocket was reassuring as well. He moved off to the Northcrest lot at a high rate of speed when I advised him where I would place my bullet in his skull if he did not back off. As he moved off, I realized that he had a razor blade in his right hand. This upped the ante of course, but he kept moving.

Because of the blade, I called the Police Desk and reported the incident with a complete description of the guy and then had a meal with my family waiting for me in the restaurant.

It was not necessary to show him my gun. He believed me. But he sure callled me a lot of foul names as he exited the area. He can call me anything he wants as long as I don't have to make him leak.

I always carry and I don't view the gun as a magic wand that wards off all evil. Tactics and training are far more important IMO.

I believe that he would not have noticed or cared if I was OC'ing. What caused him to move off was my clear intent to not be his victim. Lots of bad guys have no fear of the gun because they have been shot before and are still walking around.

Last edited:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I conceal carry all the times to my local Applebees or TGIF. It's all about being subtle and low key because I KNOW for a fact that people do over react to your gun. I don't want the potential annoyance so I hide my gun, which is the point of a carry permit.

It is a LICENSE, and no, it is not. The point is to license you to carry handguns however you see fit.

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    I have a friend who is a manager at the Applebees off 96th & I-69 on the north side of Indy/South side of Fishers. I've carried in there numerous times and never had a problem with any of the other patrons or other staff. Guess it might be dependent on the store and/or management on how they want to treat it.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    When I compare the possibility of annoyances to the reality of most criminals' victim selection process, I much prefer to leave my gun exposed. ;)

:scratch: Hiding the gun is in no way related to the requirement to be licensed.

We are blessed to have those who OC and I wish more people did. When the OC is shot first, it gives those who CC the advantage

Top Bottom