Apple Won't Create 'Backdoor' to Help FBI Access San Bernardino Shooter's iPhone

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Egosurfing (also Googling yourself, vanity searching, egosearching, egogoogling, autogoogling, self-googling) is the practice of searching for one's own name, or pseudonym on a popular search engine in order to review the results.

Personally, I never felt the need. I already know with certainty that I know more about myself than Google does, so I see no point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh yeah, I can remote wipe. But I cant force configs like wireless profiles, apps, specific settings, etc. If I want to "force" the few things I can push down with a MDM, the end user still has final veto. "wireless policy is being installed." with two buttons, allow/deny.

Yep. I call that the **** you button. :cool:

dang IT geeks.

Googled it.

Checks out.

If you doubt my credentials, google "GPIA7R" and see who shows up in the top million results.

Edit: ... I just learned I'm in a tag on Tumblr, and I don't even use tumblr.
    Adam is ranked in the top 10% users on social media.

I am proud that I'm no more than a speck of dust in the winds of social media. **** twitter, FB, tumbler, etc.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    His long after they get this key before its out in the open?
    I would bet under a month. Hell .gov can't even keep data safe on air gap networks.
    Apple would be shooting themselves in the head doing this.

They can't even keep top secret emails on their own private network that's inaccessible from outside that network?

Wait... what?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    So Apple could get the data off without creating a backdoor?

Not from what I've read. Apparently, they cooperated with an older version of the OS that allowed such access even when encrypted. Apparently, the newer setup is built without backdoors.

Via a cryptographer on Twitter:
    If the US government dictating iPhone encryption design sounds ok to you, ask yourself how you'll feel when China demands the same.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And yes, he USED to be awesome. McAfee is still a name in security, but he sold the company well over a decade ago. The Mcafee you know is not this guy. Thats like saying Bell is awesome because of your current office telephone.

What has he been doing since? OK, besides living in south america getting into bad trouble and having to sneak out of the country to avoid prosecution. I dont know of anything technical he has been doing.

I used to be a kickass skydiver and freefall videographer. That was almost 10 years ago. Today? Not so much. And technology changes tremendously.

He is riding his own name's coattails IMHO. I could be wrong. But I have seen nothing to lead me to believe he has remained up to his elbows in tech keeping himself sharp. Frankly with the colorful life he has had since selling his namesake company, Im not so sure I even trust him with a sharp object.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I'm really disappointed in the GOP candidates for backing the .gov on this one. I thought they were supposed to be for freedom and liberty and stuff.

Jason

Top Bottom