• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Due to a recent wardrobe change and me admitting where my pants actually belong, I've been able to start appendix carrying fairly frequently, I've been doing so however, in my MTAC which is canted awkwardly for it.

What dedicated appendix holsters do you use? I've been an an advocate of CompTac products and am currently looking at these:

An appendix carry version of the MTAC
    0403%20NewCant%20blk%20gun-in%20ST%20blk%20clip%20front%20sm.jpg

And an appendix carry version of the Infidel
    Two-O-Clock.jpg

Based on my experience with their products, these are the current forerunners, but I'd like to hear your experiences with other options.

Props go to a certain rhinoceros for helping to inspire the wardrobe change. :yesway:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Also, IMHO, bigger (fat) guys would be better off to Appendix carry.

I have lost over 50lbs, but I started Appendix carrying when I was still a fat guy. I found that carrying that way was MUCH easier than carrying IWB at 4-5:00 position.

Bigger guys should just admit they are big, and wear the proper size pants.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I've also been enjoying the Philster Skeleton for the last few months! It looked A LOT like some of the competitors with great reviews for 1/2 the price so I gave it shot, very pleased!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have an ACR and HATE it. The outrigger makes my leg go numb. Go with Fricke's AA and be done with the holster quest for aiwb!

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Depends on a few things. I have to admit I have never tried the AA, or the Raven ACR even, but I have tired a handful and actually helped AMHENRY test out his Appendix holsters before he released them. I really like them and I also really like the Raven VG2. Right now I am carrying in an appendix rig that AMHENRY built for me that allows me to carry a Glock 22 with surefire x300 and a spare mag at appendix position. I would like to try the Gcode/HSP INCOG, but I am so happy with the one I have now that I can't justify the money just to try something.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I use a thin Kydex F.I.S.T. for a j frame as well as a Kahr PM9. Nothing fancy for sure buy they work great provided you don't wear your pants too tight. The thin Kydex will collapse if under too much tension making reholstering difficult.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    Ive enjoyed my Bravo Concealment D.O.S. holster. I carry a Glock 26 and i find it extremely comfortable. When i first got it i walked a 5k cancer walk with it in the 1 to 2 oclock position and didnt even notice it.

Roll Tide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Connersville
    I'm 6'3", 220lbs and I have a hard time finding a comfortable way to carry. I have to wear slacks and dress shirts at work, and have found no good way to conceal. I currently use a fobus and a jacket @ 3 o'clock. However in the summer time I am quite screwed. I wear a 36x34 pant and IWB is not an option as I'm not looking to go into a 38w pant.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm 6'3", 220lbs and I have a hard time finding a comfortable way to carry. I have to wear slacks and dress shirts at work, and have found no good way to conceal. I currently use a fobus and a jacket @ 3 o'clock. However in the summer time I am quite screwed. I wear a 36x34 pant and IWB is not an option as I'm not looking to go into a 38w pant.

Step one: Ditch the Fobus.

However you carry, a quality holster and belt are a must.

A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    I have a Phlster Access for my Shield. Best $60 I ever spent. They don't come with the G-Code clip anymore but I would imagine the soft loop would work just fine.

Top Bottom