• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well since I guess I am in for the AIWB carry I have narrowed it to these few vendors:

JM Custom Kydex

Comp-Tac 2-O'Clock

Shaggy

In no particular order. Well, maybe a little order as I like the customization that JM uses. I can have an extra wedge built in to help push the grip into the gut. All of these have a wait time but the Comp-Tac is in days not weeks.

Was going to go with a local version but worry about the sharp edges and the customization again, as well as how sturdy the entire thing will be.

Looked a little at a few WTS places like here, PF and Arfcom but nobody is getting rid of the right rig. Can't get lucky like chezuki did and find a decent one, especially at half the price.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have loops with snaps on all of my holsters now. Whenever I've tried rigid belt clips or loops, whether bent kydex or some similar polymer, I have broken them on a regular basis. I did it so much on my beloved Ky-Tac Braveheart that David Elderton created the "rhino-proof" version with loops and snaps. After that, I either converted what I had or bought new holsters with loops.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have loops with snaps on all of my holsters now. Whenever I've tried rigid belt clips or loops, whether bent kydex or some similar polymer, I have broken them on a regular basis. I did it so much on my beloved Ky-Tac Braveheart that David Elderton created the "rhino-proof" version with loops and snaps. After that, I either converted what I had or bought new holsters with loops.

What about struts with loops? That's how the Phlster Access is that I'm testing out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Have you tried the Raven ACR?

No, but for over a year I used a right/left pair from another maker (Zero Concealment Systems) whose design (at that time) was almost identical. They were comfy and worked well, but I broke the part that connects the holster body to the trailing strut and belt loops several times. They have since changed their design, it works better, and takes less belt space. I use their new design on the left side and a Henry Holsters on the right (because I don't have a left handed Henry yet).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Do the snaps last? I always worry that they will no longer stay together.

If you get decent quality. They will easily outlast leather straps. Whether or not they will last as long as some of the newer polymer straps, we shall see!

Sometimes the one-way snaps seem like they are worn out, but you just need to rotate the little ring inside so that it's aligned properly.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    No, but for over a year I used a right/left pair from another maker (Zero Concealment Systems) whose design (at that time) was almost identical. They were comfy and worked well, but I broke the part that connects the holster body to the trailing strut and belt loops several times. They have since changed their design, it works better, and takes less belt space. I use their new design on the left side and a Henry Holsters on the right (because I don't have a left handed Henry yet).

Am I reading this right? You carry dual AIWB at the same time?

Top Bottom