Apparently I'm not old enough to buy paint at TRACTOR SUPPLY Co.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    For those of you who do not read carefully, NEVER ONCE DID I TELL THE GIRL SHE WAS A DUMBASS.

If you would bother to actually read what was written, you will see that I did not actually call her a dumbass. I do refer to her, here, as a dumbass, for failing to use good judgement.

If you are unable to understand the difference, then, you too, are a dumbass.

Seriously? Yes, we all know the difference. The difference is you aren't man enough to say it to her face, you just walked off. Then you come on the interwebz and anonymously call some girl names behind her back. Most of us are VERY well aware of the difference, it seems that it's you who is not.

Thats to make sure you are at least 13 (the age of consent for website signups apparently) or 21 if its a gun/alcohol/tobacco industry website.

Not quite as nefarious as you think.

I think that was the poster's point that you quoted...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Seriously? Yes, we all know the difference. The difference is you aren't man enough to say it to her face, you just walked off. Then you come on the interwebz and anonymously call some girl names behind her back. Most of us are VERY well aware of the difference, it seems that it's you who is not.

:yesway:
    :+1:

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    No, actually, their corporate office admitted they have a bad policy and they enforce it nationally but they are looking to change their policy.

So since the corporate office admitted it, then its not me who is unreasonable.

You're still unreasonable for referring to the cashier, who was following policy and trying to keep her job, as a dumbass. That, sir, is a fact.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If you ask Krogers, I am listed as Alan Rickman, 123 Fake Street, Twin Peaks, WA, 99991. My telephone number is the first set of prime numbers, 135-711-1317.

I kinda think a middle ground to all of this is appropriate: Don't like the policy (which is either some asinine law or company policy so they can data mine), give the manager and corporate a working over verbally. Explain that you have given them false information b/c you disagree with what they believe in. I think that's a huge stick in their craw: I gave you false info, what are you going to do about it. Store manager may even give orders to the cashier to give a fake one or local one in the event of refusal.

While a far cry from Nuremburg defense: These people are doing their job. I was a cashier jockey in college, I hated that job. If someone came up and gave me static about this or that, I really didn't care. I took umbrage when they made it a personal crusade to involve me personally, like it's MY fault they didn't like the policy and such. You know what caused over 3/4 of the poor customer service issues I have personally witnessed? Poor attitude or lack of respect on the part of the customer. You wonder why you are getting bad service? How are you treating the employee? Act like a jagov, expect to be treated as such. These people make minimum wage if not just a touch more. They don't know you from Adam and frankly, just don't care. There is no incentive for them to try to rectify the situation b/c they have crappy managers who don't care and they don't get paid enough to stroke your ego or suc.... naw, let's keep it PG... :D

Don't want your personal info recorded when you pay with a check? Seriously? They've been doing that for a LONG time. Then just don't pay with a check. Your bank should have issued you a card or you should have cash unless you are some time wasting luddite. :twocents:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    If you ask Krogers, I am listed as Alan Rickman, 123 Fake Street, Twin Peaks, WA, 99991. My telephone number is the first set of prime numbers, 135-711-1317.

I kinda think a middle ground to all of this is appropriate: Don't like the policy (which is either some asinine law or company policy so they can data mine), give the manager and corporate a working over verbally. Explain that you have given them false information b/c you disagree with what they believe in. I think that's a huge stick in their craw: I gave you false info, what are you going to do about it. Store manager may even give orders to the cashier to give a fake one or local one in the event of refusal.

While a far cry from Nuremburg defense: These people are doing their job. I was a cashier jockey in college, I hated that job. If someone came up and gave me static about this or that, I really didn't care. I took umbrage when they made it a personal crusade to involve me personally, like it's MY fault they didn't like the policy and such. You know what caused over 3/4 of the poor customer service issues I have personally witnessed? Poor attitude or lack of respect on the part of the customer. You wonder why you are getting bad service? How are you treating the employee? Act like a jagov, expect to be treated as such. These people make minimum wage if not just a touch more. They don't know you from Adam and frankly, just don't care. There is no incentive for them to try to rectify the situation b/c they have crappy managers who don't care and they don't get paid enough to stroke your ego or suc.... naw, let's keep it PG... :D

Don't want your personal info recorded when you pay with a check? Seriously? They've been doing that for a LONG time. Then just don't pay with a check. Your bank should have issued you a card or you should have cash unless you are some time wasting luddite. :twocents:

Really love the last part! If these folks take issue with personal information being at risk, they should only be paying with cash anyway! :n00b:

Last edited:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Thats to make sure you are at least 13 (the age of consent for website signups apparently) or 21 if its a gun/alcohol/tobacco industry website.

Not quite as nefarious as you think.

You want to show me that law? It is this websites policy, just as its tsc's to require a birthday to purchase spray paint. There is no difference between the two.

I have no problem with either, im just saying if people really cared as much about giving out their birthday as they claim in this thread i highly doubt they would give it over to strangers on the internet to join this forum.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You want to show me that law? It is this websites policy, just as its tsc's to require a birthday to purchase spray paint. There is no difference between the two.

Children's Online Privacy Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm too lazy to look up the law that makes them check ID for items you would use to look like this:

0721051gold1.jpg

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    The problem is you can just go to middle school or high school and get just about anything you want to get yourself real screwed up. You don't have to buy gold spray paint to make that happen.

prescription drugs, meth, etc, nobody asks for your ID they just want your $10 and you got what you want.

It all becomes a bit like gun control - make the person that just wants to paint something gold jump through all the hoops to stop one guy from huffing it. But truth be told I am sure it is stopping nothing.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    The problem is you can just go to middle school or high school and get just about anything you want to get yourself real screwed up. You don't have to buy gold spray paint to make that happen.

prescription drugs, meth, etc, nobody asks for your ID they just want your $10 and you got what you want.

It all becomes a bit like gun control - make the person that just wants to paint something gold jump through all the hoops to stop one guy from huffing it. But truth be told I am sure it is stopping nothing.

I'm not sure where you are getting that. I'm sure there are a few schools where you might be able to buy some weed or pills, but not many. It doesn't go down like that.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Just give them your birthday and move on. She was just doing her job. Obviously you've never worked with the public and it tends to be stressful because of people who act like you did.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Just give them your birthday and move on. She was just doing her job. Obviously you've never worked with the public and it tends to be stressful because of people who act like you did.

Or I don't know, give them a FAKE birthday.

That or inconvenience yourself and storm out like a bratty little kid all while the store not giving one single **** a can of paint wasn't sold.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Or I don't know, give them a FAKE birthday.

That or inconvenience yourself and storm out like a bratty little kid all while the store not giving one single **** a can of paint wasn't sold.

When I start getting asked for my birthday, I'm going to start giving 12/7/41. Just to fool with people's head why a thirty-something year old says he's in his 70's.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I wouldn't count on the people "qualified" to run a cash register to be able to figure it out.

There are plenty of educated and experienced people working cash registers these days. Bills gotta get paid. People get laid off or a business closes, bills still gotta get paid. How much of this elitist BS do we need around here?

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I wouldn't count on the people "qualified" to run a cash register to be able to figure it out.

Uh, part of what I do in management is run a register. Guess I'm not able to figure that out either.

It's people and thoughts like this that make people in retail so damn bitter and customer unfreindly. I've always said everyone should have to serve 4 years for their country - two years in the military, and two years in a service industry (retail, food service etc) - that way people can understand the folks that protect this country and the folks that help it run on a daily basis. CEO's are small fry in the real scheme of things, it's the cashier, the stocker, the truck driver, the solider that keep this country moving on a daily basis.

Top Bottom