• tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Mommy taught me not to hate. But I'm think it lol
    Mommy and daddy taught me if I ever did anything as foolish as threatening my school that they would stomp my **** in the dirt and probably never let me leave the house again. That’s why this **** keeps happening… because parents aren’t allowed to give their kids a good ass whipping anymore.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Daddy might have some explaining to do how this kid got one of his guns to school. How quickly things change. It was nothing to bring a rifle action into shop class when I was in high school and refinish it. No one batted an eye. Gun racks in the back window of pickup trucks? Of course.
    Be careful what you wish for. Are we in favor of mandatory gun storage laws or not? I'm thinking not. But when your kid is a wacko, then yeah, lock up your guns.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Daddy might have some explaining to do how this kid got one of his guns to school. How quickly things change. It was nothing to bring a rifle action into shop class when I was in high school and refinish it. No one batted an eye. Gun racks in the back window of pickup trucks? Of course.
    And, since they just announced his father‘s arrest, I guess the explanation wasn’t good enough.

Attachments

• IMG_4834.png
      IMG_4834.png
      899.4 KB · Views: 29

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Be careful what you wish for. Are we in favor of mandatory gun storage laws or not? I'm thinking not. But when your kid is a wacko, then yeah, lock up your guns.
    Yeah. If the police come to my house asking about threats my child made against a school, I am getting the kid help and not letting him have access to guns.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’ll admit I do this a lot too. With all the news hitting my feed every day, I’m simply too lazy to read every accompanying story. This is a reminder (to me anyway): be vigilant, be discerning.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I dusted off IC 35-47 on the subject since the father was arrested. Please note this is one section (bold is my emphasis) out of chapter 10. Click the link at the bottom for all of the context/conditions that do not apply to section 7.

IC 35-47-10-7 Permitting child to possess a firearm

Sec. 7. A child's parent or legal guardian who knowingly, intentionally, or recklessly permits the child to possess a firearm:

(1) while:

(A) aware of a substantial risk that the child will use the firearm to commit a felony; and

(B) failing to make reasonable efforts to prevent the use of a firearm by the child to commit a felony
    ; or

(2) when the child has been convicted of a crime of violence or has been adjudicated as a juvenile for an offense that would constitute a crime of violence if the child were an adult;

commits dangerous control of a child, a Level 5 felony. However, the offense is a Level 4 felony if the child's parent or legal guardian has a prior conviction under this section.

As added by P.L.140-1994, SEC.12. Amended by P.L.203-1996, SEC.6; P.L.158-2013, SEC.604.
    IC 35-47-10-7 Permitting child to possess a firearm

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

This is the new normal, storage laws or not you WILL be dragged to prison if your kid shoots up a school.

Parents divorced and mom has a lengthy criminal record including meth and DV, what a surprise the little demon comes from a broken home.

Still can't get over how "my account was hacked, wasn't me" was actually enough to make the FBI shrug and go away.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

This is the new normal, storage laws or not you WILL be dragged to prison if your kid shoots up a school.

Parents divorced and mom has a lengthy criminal record including meth and DV, what a surprise the little demon comes from a broken home.
    Combine buying the kid a firearm with the FBI visit and this.
    The shooter's aunt, Annie Brown, told the Washington Post that Colt Gray "was begging for [mental health] help from everybody around him.” She also said she'd texted a relative last month, expressing her unease that Colt had access to firearms, and that Colt's grandmother had asked a school counselor for help. "[He] starts with a therapist tomorrow," the grandmother messaged one week before Tuesday's bloodshed.
    It looks the father should have made damn sure his son did not have access to his firearms.

Still can't get over how "my account was hacked, wasn't me" was actually enough to make the FBI shrug and go away.
    Possibly being used in multiple cities, including one in NY, makes it hard to definitely pin it on him. I am guessing the father didn't take it seriously

IP addresses from the account showed it was used in two different Georgia cities and possibly from Buffalo, New York.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Well thank you for the warning, I was really wondering what was up with that.
    PLease start by making an intro thread to the group and read the rules. Yes, reading rules sucks but it's important. One liners will be removed as they do not qualify as a quality post. IF you're just here for the classy's pay the $20 site supporter fee and move on. Be aware that many of us will not do business with people that do not participate overall. We like to think of our site as a community with access to a small classifieds. We ain't gun broker.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    The FBI was aware, but didn't do anything. I imagine this will be memory holed, and commies will try to find another event to hang their hat on which doesn't involve trannies or "Lone" gunmen assisted by feds

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

This is the new normal, storage laws or not you WILL be dragged to prison if your kid shoots up a school...
    Do you consider this to be a bad thing?

Aren't we all down for personal responsibility?

That gun and that kid are your responsibility.

I don't think storage laws serve any purpose other than to be an added on charge to involuntary manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide when thing goes really wrong.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexoots
    Top Bottom