I-get-around
    Kruggerands

0f0.gif

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Forgot to mention it. I got out at $92 at around 11am... so naturally its jumped up to $103

Litecoin? It is up another ~30% to $135 a month later.

Bitcoin has been climbing since it got down to around $3100 7 months ago and is currently around $9200. Love it as a long-term speculative investment, but it's no fun for those who bought over $10K and are still cursing. I find it amusing to look in on the cryptos as I do technical analysis of other investments.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Litecoin? It is up another ~30% to $135 a month later.

Bitcoin has been climbing since it got down to around $3100 7 months ago and is currently around $9200. Love it as a long-term speculative investment, but it's no fun for those who bought over $10K and are still cursing. I find it amusing to look in on the cryptos as I do technical analysis of other investments.

I always laugh at people doing TA and talking fundamentals about crypto. But I'm still speculating on BTC and LTC. The upcoming halving of LTC is driving price, and Facebook's "Libra" stablecoin, assuming network swaps with BTC should make the market explode. I image once BTC hits $10k, FOMO will really kick in.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Looks obvious to me that Robert Heinlein nailed the intended coming monetary system that was later announced in 1988 for the implementation target of 2018. But hey, it's also obvious that Russia and North America have been intended to become natural resource areas to be exploited by the world island once the economic power shift away from the US is finally completed. And that's not on schedule (nothing ever is). Well, I hope it isn't on schedule.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    When huge amounts of wealth are dumped into block chain currencies and cause their costs to rapidly rise upwards it is because people with great wealth are jumping into block chains. Figuring out why is the fun part.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When huge amounts of wealth are dumped into block chain currencies and cause their costs to rapidly rise upwards it is because people with great wealth are jumping into block chains. Figuring out why is the fun part.

Banking the unbanked, challenging fiat, store of value?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The president Via Twitter:

[FONT=&amp]I am not a fan of Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies, which are not money, and whose value is highly volatile and based on thin air. Unregulated Crypto Assets can facilitate unlawful behavior, including drug trade and other illegal activity....[/FONT]

Fiat Banksters? "There's nothing to see here, move along, don't look below":

In one of the largest drug busts in U.S. history, federal authorities in Philadelphia seized nearly 20 tons of cocaine—worth about $1 billion— last month from a ship owned by JP Morgan's asset management arm.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachel...ne-from-ship-owned-by-jp-morgan/#59dfc5872ea3

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The president Via Twitter:

Fiat Banksters? "There's nothing to see here, move along, don't look below":

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachel...ne-from-ship-owned-by-jp-morgan/#59dfc5872ea3

That is such a stretch, even for you

From your cite

The ship, named MSC Gayane, is operated by Switzerland-based Mediterranean Shipping Company, but it was financed by a transportation strategy fund run by JP Morgan's asset management arm. The ship is leased out to MSC

It was financed by a division of JPM during shipbuilding as a speculative venture, and once completed it was leased to a Swiss operating company. If a leased Delta liveried aircraft carries a passenger into Miami that is smuggling cocaine, does that somehow mean that Delta, the leasing company or Boeing are somehow involved in the illegal enterprise?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That is such a stretch, even for you

From your cite

It was financed by a division of JPM during shipbuilding as a speculative venture, and once completed it was leased to a Swiss operating company. If a leased Delta liveried aircraft carries a passenger into Miami that is smuggling cocaine, does that somehow mean that Delta, the leasing company or Boeing are somehow involved in the illegal enterprise?

You're really not in the Cryptos space, so the point I was making it seems you're not familiar with. It goes more to the point that Jamie Diamond of JP Morgan/Chase callied crypto a "fraud" used only by criminals and North Koreans. Obviously, the point was to make light of the irony that JP Morgan was somehow related to criminal activity.

Try not to work so hard in trying to "get into it," I'm sure you'll have your chance at some point.

Top Bottom