• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You misunderstand. It should be well known I agree with Dimon (and Buffett and Alpo's boy Stiglitz, by the way) that there is no there there in terms of bitcoin actually having some underlying value because I have stated it repeatedly

They are correct in their assessment of who is most likely to want to use an untraceable payment system, and it ain't law abiding citizens. No, the law abiding citizens are most likely caught up in the speculative nature of vapor money and are primarily concerned with convincing the next generation of suckers to cash in to make sure they can cash out. Ponzi and Madoff would be all about the blockchain if they were still looking down at the grass

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You misunderstand. It should be well known I agree with Dimon (and Buffett and Alpo's boy Stiglitz, by the way) that there is no there there in terms of bitcoin actually having some underlying value because I have stated it repeatedly

They are correct in their assessment of who is most likely to want to use an untraceable payment system, and it ain't law abiding citizens. No, the law abiding citizens are most likely caught up in the speculative nature of vapor money and are primarily concerned with convincing the next generation of suckers to cash in to make sure they can cash out. Ponzi and Madoff would be all about the blockchain if they were still looking down at the grass

So you're one of the people that believe that how, when, and where you spend your money should be the business of the government.... because? Bad people? That's kinda the same argument that gun grabbers use. As long as I pay my taxes to the government, they should stay out of my finances.

Further, the value of cryptos is based on trust. You don't trust it, which is absolutely fine. You trust that those green rectangle pieces of paper in your pocket, because government tells you it has worth. Does it really? Or do you simply have faith that it will always hold it's value?... a value that has been continuously decreasing.

And as far as the illegality of use, I'm honestly missing the point. So what if criminals use it? Criminals use just about anything as a payment method. Is it unsettling that they use crypto? Surely you understand that they also, and overwhelmingly, use fiat?

Finally, you can have your opposition to crypto. Bitcoin might not be around next year, next month, or even tomorrow, but to say that the "Blockchain," in and of itself is a Ponzi is ridiculous. The blockchain is a system of interconnect computers, that have a VAST variety of applications beyond finance. It can be developed with secrecy in mind, or with full transparency (i.e. digital contracts). If you didn't know that, then your opposition to crypto is based on a very limited understanding. I'm hoping you were just being lazy, and using blockchain as being synonymous with bitcoin.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are correct, I concede the point that I was using blockchain (the technology) and Bitcoin (the hypothetical currency) interchangeably which is incorrect

Blockchain may indeed have value as a technique/technology whereas bitcoin is a shared delusion
    :)

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    Blockchain is a spreadsheet and a spreadsheet cannot be a store of wealth, can it? It's a ledger.

Anything people can trade in can become a store of wealth, it's more a question of how stable and/or reliable that store of wealth is.

Example: the dollars in your wallet or bank account have wealth literally because the U.S. says it's gonna be around long enough to project its power and pay off its debts. Otherwise you have rather expensive and fancy toilet paper.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Anything people can trade in can become a store of wealth, it's more a question of how stable and/or reliable that store of wealth is.

Example: the dollars in your wallet or bank account have wealth literally because the U.S. says it's gonna be around long enough to project its power and pay off its debts. Otherwise you have rather expensive and fancy toilet paper.

I completely agree. A fiat debt based currency is not a store of wealth and neither is a ledger. Both exist as currency due to being accepted by the general population. But common acceptance can and does change in a heartbeat as history has shown us.

Real tangible goods have value and are a store of wealth. Some are just much better at storing that wealth than other tangible goods.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    blockchain is a ledger of who owns the coins. The value is the coin, not the record of the transactions

There is no coin. It is only a notation on the ledger that there is one. The entire value of the coin is the ledger because there is nothing else. If there is no ledger, there is no coin.

Top Bottom