• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I don't run my cards on blast. It's not profitable and it's hard on the cards. I run about 70% with fans on auto. Temp runs about 63' or 64' which is not bad.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Just a general question on mining. What are your actual utility costs running? Do Indiana rates favorably compare with other states?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    For winter i’m Paying about $0.09/kWh. Summer will be closer to $0.13, June-August.

my power bill went up about $150 this month. But i’m Mining $70-100/day

whattomine.com you can put in your cards and rate and it will tell you energy cost.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It’s a huge issue, they put huge server farms for mining in Iceland for free cooling and cheap Power. Best of both worlds. In the summer it will be bad.

i have 12 video cards running at 80C blowing air all over my basement. I actually moved a rig with four cards to garage and now it’s comfortable out there all the time :D

“proof of work” coins are horrible for energy use. You’re basically spinning your wheels to create new coins. “Proof of stake” coins all coin creation without all the computing power and are “environmentally friendly”

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Banks have no intrest in blockchain. (See what I did there)

I heard an interview where the crypto guy said it’s so much better to have anonymous financial transactions. All identify theft is because we are tied with personal identifiers to money and credit.

there is no credit in crypto. There is no “I know your SSN and DOB so i’ll Open some accounts in your name”

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    If this helps anyone I have my 1080ti set to 74% power +100 and 0. Worst card gigabyte 644 sols best card msi 688 sols. The rest of the cards in the 670's

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not a loss until you sell! I’m sending more $$ in today.

I’ll either be driving a Mercedes or a Mercury next year...

kut, have those prediction sites you follow changed their target prices in light of the recent slaughter?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not a loss until you sell! I’m sending more $$ in today.

I’ll either be driving a Mercedes or a Mercury next year...

kut, have those prediction sites you follow changed their target prices in light of the recent slaughter?

I actually haven't even looked. Right now, we're going dealing with a lot of attacks to inspire FUD. Crypto is where it's at because it's a failing project, but because the competition is working overtime to destroy it. The cat is out of the bag. They are only postponing the inevitable.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    5k is the sweet buy. Ill put more money in as well. I will probably never have the opportunity to buy bitcoins this low again. Next stop 25k/btc!!!

People please get in cheap while you can. Once India Africa and others come on the prices will be crazy!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom