• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    YEah it’s been rough. Trying to setup CRC node has pissed me off. I have missed $650 in payments these last few days. I am splitting it with someone though, and i’m Our IT guy. Hah.

inwas in a beta pool mining ZEL. It’s brand new and hitting exchange tomorrow.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, my portfolio feels like it’s been slapped in the face. My buddy told me it’s because people are finally starting to wise up on some of the ultra sketchy exchanges, and are jumping ship. Hopefully there’s a large buyback to match this sink

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I've been busy mining. Today I came home to find out we had a brief power outage. No money made all day. My own fault. I just told my self the other day I needed battery back up for those quick black outs. Damn hate when I'm right like that. Damn you IPL!!!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    giphy.gif

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You know what’s worse than losing money in crypto? Fat fingering your encrypt password TWICE! I have 2600 BEET locked up. I’m trying to brute force it on a Linux machine. Only doing 12/sec. sigh.

My first attempt gave it more characters to guess and was going to take 200 years. I narrowed it down and now says tomorrow AM. We’ll see...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You're losing crypto while you type, Doc. Better get back to it. Or your day job. Your choice.

I can understand getting heated in a debate and saying something, yet time and again you just pop up to directly insult me. What is your problem? Do we seriously need to deal with something?

back on subject: i’m Hopeful GOA will dig me out of the hole. My new node has a basis around $4400 I think, and paying $135/day as of right now. Now with a little market turnaround...

currently doing about $310/day in crypto earnings. Just need to stop making trades that lose me money and I should be back to even soon.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Not personal, Doc. I'm of the firm belief that crypto is a bad deal for anyone who invests in it. I said that when it was on the way up, and it's clear that some people have lost a lot now that it seems to be in a soft period. It's a bad deal for the little guy....and most people are "little guys" in a market manipulated by those who appear to be doing so.

The hardest lessons are sometimes the most expensive.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was only referring to the idea that, having felt the unbridled joy of brute force cracking, you might trade your day job for a job as a black hat hacker

Bwahahahaha

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not personal, Doc. I'm of the firm belief that crypto is a bad deal for anyone who invests in it. I said that when it was on the way up, and it's clear that some people have lost a lot now that it seems to be in a soft period. It's a bad deal for the little guy....and most people are "little guys" in a market manipulated by those who appear to be doing so.

The hardest lessons are sometimes the most expensive.

Anyone? I can tell you right now, that crypto has done me just fine. IMO, now is the time to buy more. I'm tempted to jump into ripple just because it has fallen so much. I leave you with a quote from the Oracle of Omaha.
    [h=1]“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”
    [/h]

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So, Buffett is invested in crypto?

I've heard him say just the opposite....but I'm not a Buffett-sniffer. :)

Here's what he said Jan 10, 2018:

Buffett on cryptocurrencies: 'I can say almost with certainty that they will come to a bad ending'

Top Bottom