• ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Is this where I can get Tulip Bulbs?

LOL, Just having fun with you guys. I just got slacked this week in the stock market. Gave back 1/2 half my past years profit in 6 days! Today was just pitiful. I made a few of the worse day trades of my life this week. Last week I had 2 trades in 2 days that made 15% in minutes and 1 trade that made 35% overnight. Lost it all plus another 10% of portfolio. Hope this don't continue another week. 1/2 cash now...dry powder.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, Buffett is invested in crypto?

I've heard him say just the opposite....but I'm not a Buffett-sniffer. :)

Here's what he said Jan 10, 2018:

No Buffet hates crypto, but his wisdom goes beyond stocks. You can apply that logic to so many things.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    you keep saying "nothing personal doc" after directly insulting me in this thread. Sorry, it is personal. Or is your lack of self awareness so severe that you just don't see it?

Not personal, Doc. I'm of the firm belief that crypto is a bad deal for anyone who invests in it. I said that when it was on the way up, and it's clear that some people have lost a lot now that it seems to be in a soft period. It's a bad deal for the little guy....and most people are "little guys" in a market manipulated by those who appear to be doing so.

The hardest lessons are sometimes the most expensive.

Crypto market cap is about 50% of what it was a few weeks ago. Oof.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    So, who thinks they are still 'invested' in crypto and who has come to realize it's been the biggest vaporware pump and dump in human history?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, who thinks they are still 'invested' in crypto and who has come to realize it's been the biggest vaporware pump and dump in human history?

Which, pump, and which dump? Just watch the first minute.

[video=youtube;1K42pfsNIzY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K42pfsNIzY[/video]

#perspective

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I got half out of bitcoin in dec at 15.2k ish. Right before the futures trades started. Since I got mine long ago it was a windfall. But when it hit 19k I figured I had made a mistake. Yesterday when it hit 8k I almost bought one back. (Now I feel I should have) but I like an off line wallet.

i bought some light coin and etherium plus the fork bitcoin cash came in after waiting. Still up one the little coins over dec buy in but not much. Let er ride. I have nothing to lose as I got my profit already in spades. I will hold em if they hit zero now. I also have a point where I would buy more 8k for bitcoin. 750 ether and 100 light.
    If the ether and the light turn in a profit over bit I will move them to bitcoin. Move ripple to life lite to ether and ether to bit coin. Triple money on ripple so happy their but lite coin has been disturbing to watch.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Ripple should be a wave from lows to highs cyclical in nature.

I would not bet bet on all the others but ripple, lite, etherium (think it has biggest potential for use) and bitcoin. The rest do not interest me much.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    you keep saying "nothing personal doc" after directly insulting me in this thread. Sorry, it is personal. Or is your lack of self awareness so severe that you just don't see it?
    Crypto market cap is about 50% of what it was a few weeks ago. Oof.

It really isn't. If it was you and I sitting down around the campfire, we could recognize the body language and see if any of the criticism was personal. It really isn't.

Unfortunately, this thread is read by a number of people who: 1) respect you as an identified good guy on INGO 2) may not be sophisticated institutional investors and 3) are looking for ways to improve their lot in life and do so as quickly as possible. They read this thread, see they are missing an "opportunity" with crypto, and think...well, if Doc is so high on it, it must be OK.

And if you don't think that's happening, then that "self-awareness" thing you mentioned is something that should be considered.

Certainly, people ought to make their own decisions and not rely upon a gun fancier website for financial advice...but some people don't always do what they ought to do.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I got in crypto because of doc! I want to thank him for changing my life for the better. I hope some day he can go with me when it's time to pick out my Lambo. Crypto is the best thing to ever come along in my life time. God bless America. God bless Donald trump and God bless the crypto nation.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Masternodes are great! Just sit back and rake in the payouts$$$$$

do you have one setup?

my split GOa node has paid $1450 at current price since the 19th of January. Problem is we paid $14,500 for it and now worth about $4500. In time I think it will do Ok. Wait to sell for prices to rebound

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    None. I read about them and it's a great way to go. I'm just not good at picking out what will have growth and continue into the future. I'm just mining for now. I don't have the money to get into a Monero or a dash.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Look at ONEX. Only 5000 coin needed and it’s dropped 70% from where I bought in :):

is paying about 0.6% in coin per day. It was a dead coin that is revived. May be another scam, or may be worth something. I put some $ in it I could lose just to see.

try mining ZEL with miningspeed. I’m getting one coin per ksol per hour. Block reward goes from 110 to 150 at block 5000 which is coming up. At currrnt price i’m Mining $90/day. Will go to $122/day at block 5000 unless the diff skyrockets and lots of miners show up. Should get to 5000 blocks around 5am

https://zelcash.miningspeed.com/workers/t1codTkRZu84Naj57QGzQ2sT5ZyzzdqhsP7

Sell on stocks.exchnage or just hold. They just released a few days ago

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If/when you get around to selling those GPUs, will you be upfront with potential buyers about what they were used for? How much wear is on them, etc?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ah, yes. New generation cards coming out this year I think. Not sure what i’ll Do. Antminer A3 was in stock, only mined SIA coin right now, so that destroyed that coin for regular miners. The coins I Mine are ASIC resistant so hopefully i’ll Still have something to mine. I am hoping the masternode concept holds on long term and isn’t a scam

i would rather have a virtual machine earning me coin than a real machine costing me power and upkeep and fire risk, unless the coins fall apart and i’m Left with 1000 coins of nothing. That’s the benefit of owning hardware. Ugh, so many choices. Too many coins

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom